Herniated Disk pinching Genital Nerves

slippery12342000

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Get am inversion table. Ween into using it. Use it frequently there after.

Eat healthy. Many fruits and vegatable. Rest. Avoid stress.

Seek a physiatrist (sp?) Or Physical Medicine Rehabilitation doctor and get some physical therapy.

Don't get surgery until you give it a good shot with inverting, physical therapy, healthy lifestyle and time.

fern70769

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are hundreds of these things!
Are there specific features that are "must haves?"

I would suggest looking at something that can easily handle your weight. some of those machines can only handle up to 150 lbs other can handle up to 350 lbs. I would go for the upper end. You are gonna hang upside down by your ankles. I think you would want something strong.

I've seen a pretty good machine on HSN believe it or not.

go to HSN.com and check out the Teeter Hang Ups. Their basic model is fine. The other frills are just for showing off :wink:

They might have it on Flex-pay still, that's a good deal. only one of (X) payments right away and its on your front porch in about 3 days.

Cant beat that.

fern70769

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would suggest looking at something that can easily handle your weight. some of those machines can only handle up to 150 lbs other can handle up to 350 lbs. I would go for the upper end. You are gonna hang upside down by your ankles. I think you would want something strong.

I've seen a pretty good machine on HSN believe it or not.

go to HSN.com and check out the Teeter Hang Ups. Their basic model is fine. The other frills are just for showing off :wink:

They might have it on Flex-pay still, that's a good deal. only one of (X) payments right away and its on your front porch in about 3 days.

Cant beat that.

Here. I found this on youtube. Its the exact same model I have. I got mine at walgreens.com but I dont know if they still sell it. Paid $99 plus shipping. about 125 altogether...

YouTube - Inversion table

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
I got a nice inversion table for about 200$. Its really helping me out. It seems that my back is the source afterall. I hung on it for just a few minutes and my leg pain and a lot of my sensation returned. Ive been hopping on it for a lil bit here and there and my backs been feeling better. My sensation is not 100% though id say its at like 80% normal, which is a huge improvement from 0-5% sensation on the whole side. Do you think it will likely go back to normal eventually?

I am just really having a hard time getting over the fact that half my penis is missing sensation and its from something I wouldve thought would be completely unrelated. If I was doing something risky with my penis and this happened I wouldn't feel so bad about it, its just that I wasn't doing anything that I thought could cause such strange effects.

Last edited:

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
After checking out various sites for a few weeks and reading tons of Amazon reviews as well as reading some studies, I discovered the "fine print." You cannot use inversion tables or even do Yoga exercises that involve placing your head below the level of your heart if you have glaucoma (either narrow or open-angle).

Although I don't particularly understand why this should make a difference because it seems to me the extra aqueous fluid pressure that causes open-angle glaucoma would be the same regardless of where your head is, my opthamologist verified by phone (via the assistant) that it should not be done and the internal eye pressure can double in just the first few seconds. I found some studies on this as well and evidently, the eye pressure does not return to normal.

As it is the increased eye pressure from too much aqueous fluid that causes the optic nerve degeneration it appears that the 2 choices for people who have bad backs and glaucoma are either live with the back pain, numbness, and spend the rest of your life depending on other people to life for you and spend 3 days in bed every time you put your back out *or* go blind.
:mad::frown1::mad::frown1::mad::frown1:

As I have had laser treatments to keep the eye drained and pressure low, I am going to bring it up again during my next appointment because it does not seem logical to me that the same amount of aqueous fluid would create different pressures depending on the position of your head.
:confused:
Is there a doctor in the house?

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
You can always do this: https://axiomworldwide.com/DRX9000.aspx

How can I find out if this lack of sensation is truly from my back problem or something else?

The medical community has been useless and once again ive been to GP, osteopath, orthopedic surgeon, neurologist, neurosurgeon, and a chiropractor.

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
I have some great news. The sensation is coming back slowly but surely. I think I will get over this.

blacklibran1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am a professional dancer. At 27 I had a microlumbardisectomy on the area you are having problems with. So glad I did it. I was experiencing some horrible leg pain and sciatica and it went on for 3 months. Went to chiro and he was like don't get surg blah blah . Anyway I went in and had it done. Was in and out and home for about a week. Now I'm better. Get the surgery. Its a qucik fix to a hellacious on going annoying problem

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
I been in physical therapy for a few months and am seeing great relief. My sciatica is 95% gone and back pain is 100% gone. I have some returned sensation. Enough that I can live with it even if it doesnt get better. The one side still doesnt give the same erotic sensations but I am gettins some.

My neurologist thinks that I will likely make a full recovery given the improvement Ive had. He says numbness/lost sensation usually takes the longest to recover and I am looking at up to a year for full recovery.

So i guess its just wait and be careful. Im gonna get some spinal decompression done to see if it can help me out a bit more and probably start lifting again carefully.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Had surgery 13 months ago after trying all the other "fixes" and never looked back since. They doctor showed me the MRI and my canal with the Sciatic Nerve that travels through being piched down and I knew what to do. The amount of narcotics that it took to make the pain go away was crazy. Today I take one Alieve in the morning and I'm good to go.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I don't have the same exact issue as the op but by way of an update on my previous posts, I have been in PT for 2 weeks as BC/BS won't pay for an MRI without PT first (even though all I have to do is tell the PT that I don't think it is working and they will sign off!). The PT does not think I have a disc problem even though I told them I was diagnosed with DDD several years ago.

This latest "episode" sent pain down the backs of both legs as well as feet. I am doing Sciatica stretch exercises 3x week at PT and 2x day at home and as needed. When I have hip pain or my left leg feels shorter than the right, I lie down and pull my knee as close to my chest as possible with a full 30 seconds for 3 reps. That usually takes care of it but it could be as little as for 1 hour or for a full day.

What I hate more than anything is the spasms and my panic reaction to them. Even though I have been in much worse shape (where I had to crawl to the toilet and then was in pain the whole time and could not wipe or get off the toilet without tons of pain), for some reason this last bout is causing panic attacks. I am using visualization to fight them off and I also picked up "When Panic Attacks" that I am SLOWLY reading.

I know that these new exercises that I have not done before will take time and I tend to overdue them but I don't have the $$ to do PT for a full year. I know that this is something I will have to live with but what is a reasonable time to expect the spasms and pain/numbness to disappear before I opt for an MRI? This article says 3 months:
microlumbar discectomy

I have no limitation raising my leg except some back pain or hip pain that seems to go away with continued less-strenuous stretching. I also have no loss of reflexes. I usually take only a few Ibuprophen and some Skelaxan at night although I have taken Darvocet N a few times due to a heating pad and laying down would not ease the pain.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
An update fak_et?

What type of PT exercises are you doing?

My PT advised that up to 1/2 of the patients coming in for lower back pain and lower extremity numbness are suffering from a mis-aligned Sacroiliac Joint and that is what I have. I can tell when it has popped out when my weight is not evenly distributed between both feet, one leg actually gets shorter than the other. I have noticed for years that I really don't walk correctly but I thought it was just bad posture.

I have been in PT for 4 weeks now.

There are only ligaments around the SI joint so the concentration is on nearby muscles and CORE stregthening. My regular PT was on vacation this week and I requested appointments with the "main man." I had complained that the top of my left leg was always slightly numb since beginning PT, although my other symptoms were improved.

He had a slightly different approach that involved a minor manipulation from the back (producing the pop sound) plus some deep tissure work on the front, left side of my pelvis. When he pressed down there I nearly went through the roof. Not only that, but I had pain in my nuts and my cock head went numb, only when he pressed down. I immediately thought of the OP here! He explained that this was all due to the SI joint and will require time and regular exercise to fully recover.

A search for SI Joint exercises produced plenty of different approaches to this but all agree that this puppy simply does not show up on typical tests due to the SI joint is behind other bones. The only tests are visual observation.

I am going to discuss the following site with my PT next week but I know that any "quick fixes" or adjustments are useless unless the entire area is strengthened first:
The Low Back - The DonTigny Method