Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are, at this moment, at least 30 pages on Facebook under the name "Herp Derp," apart from differences in capitalization and punctuation. This is not even counting the pages with names like "Herp De Derp," "Herp a Derp," "I Herp When I Derp," and so forth. Does anyone know what this business is all about?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Here's five daffynitions from the Urban Dictionary:

An expression used when a person, or yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey
Person 1: Dude, I just hit my head on the door.
Person 2: HERP DERP.
---
to act in the way of sexual conduct, and to release tension in the process.
He herped her til she derped.

Go herp yourself.

He derped on her face.

They herp derped
---
A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are.
HERP DERP. I AM SO HIPSTER.
---
A state of being ridiculously high off of marijuana so much so that you see shimmering and may hallucinate. Can be used simply to express being very high though.
Can be shortened to HD for use in code.
Are you herp derp yet?
---
A sexually transmitted disease contracted from sex with dick mongrels.
She was tryin to slob on my knob, and I was like 'Nah, trick I aint tryin to get no herp derp, get off my dick!'

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lyrics from a Lil Wayne song. It's some vernacular he picked up when he was in jail. It's basically "blood" talk.

Now that's an angle that I had never heard. I had looked at the Urban Dictionary entries before, but none of them explains where the expression came from. And they are so widely disparate that I didn't trust any of them.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Now that's an angle that I had never heard. I had looked at the Urban Dictionary entries before, but none of them explains where the expression came from. And they are so widely disparate that I didn't trust any of them.
I'm partial to this one:
A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm partial to this one:

I very much doubt that anyone would say "Herp derp" to express a conceit of his own coolness. I think, rather, that people who regard some others as "idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are" will use the phrase mockingly to represent the attitude of those persons. But to make this point requires a precision of thought and expression that is unlikely to be found at Urbandictionary.com.

I was acquainted with the "derp" part of the phrase from South Park, where it was the basis of a parody trailer for a Rob Schneider movie.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have written out about 10 explanations, none of which make any sense when you read them. The best I can come up with is to quote Mary Poppins:

So when the cat has got your tongue, there's no need for dismay! Just summon up this word and then you've got a lot to say!