herpes

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by surferboy, Aug 19, 2006.

1. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    i really don't believe i have herpes. but i have two red bumps on my cock. i have admiting this, bein semi-well known and all. they look like zits. the red bump kind. they dodn't itch, they're not open sores. i don't have any other symptom like a penile discharge, or flu like symptoms.

i dunno why i'm so worried. but there they are, two red bumps on my cock. i hope it's just zits due to over stress. two weeks ago, my car battery died on monday, so i bought a new one. the next day my alternator died, and i had to get a new one. then the next day, i went online to balance my checkbook, and someone had gotten my debit card number, and drained my account to -300 bucks. so i really think (and hope to the various gods) that it's stress zits.

2. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

my honest recommendation is to get it checked out. There are several STDs that can present as a painless bump. Herpes is extremely painful so its not that.....You dont really have oil glands on your penis so zits are kinda unlikely. Reading it kinda sounded like molluscum contagiosum but again without seeing it is impossible to diagnose. Even if it turns out to be molluscum at least its harmless and will go away. I recommend goin to your clinic and also gettin information about stds

one day when i have time i should really post info about all the stds

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

You may be on to something, Nix. You're showing the aftereffects of getting f*cked bigtime.

4. karmen

karmen New Member

Albums:
    surferboy:

You should go to Planned Parenthood to get yourself checked out. They will/can run a battery of STD test on you or you can chose a specific check for only herpes.

I've googled herpes and it says that you will also have swelling in your groin lymph nodes. The bumps will grow and grow and become like puss filled zits. It looks extremely painful, red and angry.

Just do a Google search for more information and go to Planned Parenthood to get a proper diagnosis, if you are still worried.

It could be nothing so don't sweat it but also don't have sex until you are sure.

For example, I did not know that men could get yeast infections. I learned this from talking to a guy. He thought his dick was falling/peeling off layer by layer. :eek: .

He had to be treated with antibiotics but all was well. So sometimes, our minds go for the worse case scenerio when it's really not THAT serious. Good luck.

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

5. 50%more

50%more New Member

Albums:
    Herpes simplex1 and simplex 2 usually cause cole sores on either the lips or genitals. 75% of simplex 1 cases are oral, 25% are genital. Simplex 2 is the inverse of this. Any one who gets recurring cole sores has been infected at one point in their life from one of these two strains. Suprisingly enough most cases of oral herpes were contracted in childhood from older relatives. But this can become genital herpes, if the oral sores come in contact with gentials. The initial infection of a herpes virus is usually very severe and therefore obvious. Although symptoms do gradiate down to virtually nothing, Herpes (simplex 1, 2 chicken pox/shingles...) viruses are retroviruses. After the initial infection a few of the surviving viruses travel down the nerve tendrons and remain dormant until agitated or incited in some way. Herpes recurrence have been strongly linked to stress, being tired, or other situations which would weaken ones immune system. Herpes can also cause what is known as herpetic witlow. Which is a cracking and/or fracturing and sheding of the epidermal layer.

Herpes is actually much more common than most people believe. After the initial infection the recurrences become less and less severe and may diminish down to almost nothing. They cannot test for herpes by looking for antibodies in the blood. They can only test by swabbing an open cole sore. If you have had 10 sex partners in your life, the chance that you have had sex with someone who has contracted herpes is about 30%. Accurate figures are difficult to compile. Some professionals believe it may even be more common than this. Because for an infected individual, as the years go by the symptoms often diminish a great deal.

The best thing to do for someone who has been infected by herpes, is to lead a healthy life. By practicing good nutrition and exercise taking preventative immune boosters (like vit c, echinacea, lots of fluids) and getting good rest. Many infected people have reported that stress management techniques have also been effective in reducing recurrences.

6. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

i recommend an entire std panel for any sexually active adolescent who presents with signs and symptoms of any std. there are so many that are asymptomatic, especially in men.
    also, unless there was a secondary bacterial infection due to him scratching.....i seriously hope the "yeast" (candidal) infection wasnt treated with antibiotics!!!!!

herpes lesions are painful. you can transmit the virus without any lesions due to viral shedding. there is excellent treatment that will help suppress it but wont cure it......based on your symptoms, i dont think its herpes but still worth checking it out.....i would recommend a clinic over planned parenthood

7. BarebackJack

BarebackJack New Member

Albums:
    One question nobody has asked here... are you shaved down there, surferboy? While you may not get zits (acne) on your cock, shaving tender skin can definitely lead to what are known as "razor bumps"... irritation that mimics acne. You'll get a red bump that will fill with pus as the body tries to "repair" the irritated skin. Black men get razor bumps quite frequently on their necks, and fairer-skinned white boys get a red bumpy rash on theirs. Also, ingrown hairs can produce similar results. If it's an ingrown hair, you'll have to tweeze it to remove it. If it continues to grow it will become infected all along the length of the buried hair shaft.

Definitely get yourself checked for any STD's (you may even find you have stuff you weren't aware of, like chlamydia). I'm not ruling out the possibility of any number of small but significant STD's... just reminding you that there could be other non-bacterial, non-viral causes for your problem. It could even be a form of HPV as there are quite a number of variations on that viral theme.

If it's not an STD, then look for other sources of trouble, such as shaving, tight underwear (too much heat down there can also make you break out), stress, allergies (to things like detergent/fabric softener, or fabric content), etc. If you think the culprit IS shaving, try using a shave cream for sensitive skin. The Aramis company (a division of Estee Lauder) made a great shave cream in their fragrance free line that not only offered a really slippery lubricant, but also had benzocaine to desensitize the surface of the skin... ideal for sensitive shavers. Not sure it's still available, but if it is, I highly recommend it for ALL shaving.

If you think it's an allergy, go back to using the laundry products you used before this problem appeared. Or switch to underwear made of natural unbleached cotton. If it's a form of heat rash, switch from briefs or other tight clothing to boxers.

BB Jack

8. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    see, the only like, resemblance to herpes is that it's a bump. but the pictures and junk i saw show clusters, and they're pussy and oozy. mine are just bumps. they don't even hurt.

9. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    no, i'm not shaved, i trim with scissors. it might be underwear or stress. i switched to fruit of the loom when right before this started...

10. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dude. I don't know about your bumps. But I'm sorry your life is so hard right now. *huggle*

11. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
  12. Ineligible

Ineligible Member

You've had a rough time. :( I hope they are just zits.

13. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

So, why the hell're you standing there chatting with us when you could be at the doctor's discovering the truth?:confused: Now, get off your ass, get dressed, call your doctor, and go! And tell us later!

14. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    because i dunno where a free clinic is and my health insurance doesn't kick in until september 1st. i need to get in touch with my friend lee, he knows where it is. i honestly don't think it's herpes. these are just two bumps (well...one a quarter, cause one is almost gone). they don't itch. they don't hurt (unless you REALLY sueeze them, but what doesn't hurt after you squeeze them lol). herpes looks like it breaks out in clusters. and i have no penile discharge, or any other symptoms.

15. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

i agree, it doesnt sound like herpes from what you are saying.....always wise in my opinion to get stuff checked out tho

16. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had a guy recently accuse me of giving him "genital warts" which he said looked like zits. Herpes and warts do not look like zits at all. :rolleyes:

I also had another guy accuse me of giving him "something." He had this..bump on his cock for several months. Just a bump. It didn't hurt and didn't look like a zit. It finally came to a white head and popped months later. He even went to the doctor about it and the doc didn't know what it was either.

What you have could be cysts. *shrug* It could be anything, really.

I don't have warts and I've never had a cold sore, but I have had ringworm before several times. The early stages of both look exactly the same, except ringworm itches sometimes. The skin is kinda....flaky in places...

Acne usually isn't acne. There's tons of different skin conditions, man. It could really be anything. I think if you had warts you would be easily able to compare it to pictures and be able to tell what it is.

17. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    oh my gosh, don't say it could be ring worms on my cock O_O especially because i was went to hollywood beach like, a week before this started to happen...are cysts red?

18. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

cyst is a general term for a fluid filled lesion

ring worms arent worms, its a fungus and unlikely bc its usually direct contact

19. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

So let me see if I am understanding all of this. It has now been 3 days and still you have done nothing to take care of your medical condition. Sure, you have told us it's all about the free clinic and not knowing where it is and someone named Lee who does know. Call 411 or whatever information system you have where you are. Call an ambulence. Just get to a hospital or something. if you go to an emergency room, you can always use an alias or supply some incorrect information at which point billing you will not be an issue and they can also give you information about any free clinic locations
    Even though it may not be a serious health matter since you have not keeled over dead there may be long term medical matters from whatever it is that is on your penis. Why take chances? What if what you are seeing on the surface has deeper roots and is digging deeper into your shaft?
    Just go to a doctor or something and do it now before it's too late and they have to slice your entire penis off.

20. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

@Heather: with several accusations from guys that you "gave them something," even if you didn't give them something, I have to ask - are you having sex without condoms?

@surferboy: look in the yellow pages, or do a search online. There are resources that will direct you to the appropriate clinic.

@baseball: I sure hope it isn't the first thing that came to my mind after his description... know what I mean?

Draft saved Draft deleted