He's my...

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He has been known to call me ma'am - I'll talk to him about adding the 'Goddess' bit :biggrin1: - I'm not too sure and the Big Kahuna manbitch - I'll take it on a trial run for you though, Invisibabe.

You don't have to use *"Big Kahuna manbitch". The guy may not like it. :rolleyes: *For some reason, I got hard writing those words. :rolleyes:

sneakyd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks sneaky! I love your avatar, by the way :biggrin1:

I've had a few good Aussie mates but I've never heard a girl call her boyfriend her 'cobber' - I thought that was just a variation on 'mate' (as in friend, not mate as in life-mate). You learn something new every day :smile:

May I be another of your good Aussie mates :rolleyes: ? You could introduce me as your new ...... bloke :biggrin1:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
You don't have to use *"Big Kahuna manbitch". The guy may not like it. :rolleyes: *For some reason, I got hard writing those words. :rolleyes:

I could always call him Ralph, eh? :wink: That's OK I got kinda moist reading them :eek:

May I be another of your good Aussie mates :rolleyes: ? You could introduce me as your new ...... bloke :biggrin1:

Bloke is good... and I'm always happy to have a new antipodean acquaintance :biggrin1:

You live in a box, interesting. Perhaps you should call him Dr. Nick then?

I guess I'm being dumb here in my little ol' box - but you'll have to explain me that (oooh Dative Alternation on 'explain' - nasty!!)

Back in Jersey the term used for a totally hot stud who was also a bit of a country boy is "bo hunk".

I'm not sure about that one - how about HickBeau? :biggrin1:

I can see myself saying to my mum 'this is my bo hunk' :)

Can you?!?!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Clue: Imagine changing your name to...Helena.
Failing that. Click, here.

Nope - I got it now - god awful concept - never seen the film.
Michelle Pfeifer was right to run!

Your growth.
Your appendage.
Your bitch.
Your fuckbud.

Your future ex?

All awful 'cept fuckbud, which is a little too graphic for certain audiences, wouldn't you say - I would hope future ex wouldn't be relevant.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK I'm putting this in women's because really I'm not trying to discuss the whole relationship name thing - I just want a word to replace boyfriend.

See my comments and SP's comments here:
http://www.lpsg.org/78065-married-single-or-otherwise-2.html

Both of us have the same issue - we're women and we don't date 'boys' so why do we feel the need to use the term 'boyfriend'. Partner is a crappy sounding expression, SO is too fucking 'gen-X, hyperweb BS' for me, lover (as SP pointed out) really does emphasise the physical and 'this guy I'm seeing' is far too casual.

My 'boy'friend is in his 50's - he is not a boy - but I can't call him my 'manfriend', it sounds weird. I can't call him my special friend because that sounds like it could mean something else (no nasty comments now - ty).

Note: girlfriend is fine for older women - 'girl' is used for women far more than 'boy' is used for men so I don't have the same isssue with being a 'girlfriend'. It doesn't sound silly.

So help me (and SP) out here. What does a grown woman call a grown man she's in a committed relationship with?

My sentiments exactly. I have never said that every time I write about Frank (the guy I'm with), I hesitate and wonder what to call him. As you've said, when you talk about a 47 year old guy, it isn't appropriate to talk about a boyfriend. Partner sounds much like we had a law firm or other business, and significant other just sounds so elaborate. So most of the time, I write either "my man" or "my guy".

In a jocular mood or situation, I call him all kinds of things, we both have our share of humor and know how to retaliate in kind. I can't extemporate now, give me a situation and I'll give you the name.