Hey I'm new here

aidenbick: Hi I am new here, my name is Aiden. I'm 14 years old and I started puberty a little under a year ago. What I was wondering was is it normal to have constant steady growth of your penis ? Because when I first started masturbating, my dick was only about 5 and a half inches long when hard, but I measured about once every month and it seemed to grow a quarter to half an inch every month. It is now about 11 and a little bit inches long when erect and 6 and a half when flaccid. I have trouble trying to hide it in underwear. Also I would like to know if I will keep growing like this because it is very uncomfortable. Thanks.

110lbskinnyboy: I'm glad someone else out there is in a similar predicament. I'm 15 and 9.5" when erect so it's difficult enough for me, so I'd hate to think what it's like for you. Unfortunately mine keeps growing, so who knows, it probably will grow a lot more yet. Now, I'm supposing you're quite skinny as most 14 year olds are??? It must be really hard finding 14 year old underwear when your dick is so much bigger. I find underwear the biggest problem. What do you do about it anyway???

aidenbick: Well I'm 5"8" tall and weigh only 127lbs so I guess I'm pretty light. Underwear is a problem which I haven't solved, I have to keep stealing my dads underwear because I'm too embarassed to tell my mother about how big I'm growing. I really do hope I stop soon.

Donk: No one can answer this question for sure, since it varies greatly from person to person. It is possible that you will grow some more, it is also very possible (I would say probable) that you are finished or almost finished growing. I think it is rare for penis growth to be complete by age 14, but it is even more rare for a penis to be much over 11" long. I would also say it is highly unusual for any penis to double in size in less than a year, but I guess it is possible. In my own case, I added the last 3" of my final length in about 6 months (when I was 16-17 yo). As for underwear, try boxers.

hung: You raise an interesting and normal question. You can be sure that masturbation will not affect your penis growth. You are of the normal age for this to happen. You are well above average; but be sure that you need not fear being too large/long. Masturbation is normal and healthy. If you have not already found it, try:
jackinworld.com

This site helps answer a lot of questions.

Now for your question concerning future growth and proper attitude. You will grown to what you should be. While this may be an embarrasing situation for you at this time, please be aware that as your body matures the rest of your development will compensate for what you may think is abnormal for your penis size at this time.

Additionally, your peers will most likely be envious of you. Their time will come along also. Be happy with your situation and be thankful that you are developing with out health problems.

110lbskinnyboy: What size underwear are you actually? Coz' you sound quite skinny. You might just have to do as I do and that is have underwear that is way too big around the waist.

boneaz: Do you have any problemz when it's flaccid??? Like fitting into underwear or anything???

da_blissmachine: Aiden - some things will remain confusing about this throughout your life. Others will go away as you get older. I am still a little embarrassed about my penis being too visible but I am no longer ashamed of it. My advise: Wear baggy pants, loose fit, and a belt to keep them up. Don't wear shorts. Wear boxers instead of briefs. If you have to talk to your parents about making the underwear switch, tell them that you have noticed your thighs becoming more muscular lately and the latex leg bands on briefs are uncomfortable on your leg muscles

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Boxers? Might as well wear no underwear at all. Boxers offer no support. The only useful thing about boxers is that they protect your trousers from being stained by pre-cum or urine from a leaky dick; that's all they were designed for. Unless your unit is a drooler, boxers are pretty much pointless. Freeballing is just as effective and cheaper!

BagofBones: I must admit, I'm 6" flaccid and I never have a problem with a bulge or anything or it being 'unsightly' but I guess this aiden dude is wearing smaller underwear than me.

aidenbick: Thanks for the advice everyone.

110lbskinnyboy: My underwear dosen't fit real well either, my mother bought me underwear intended for my age, so it ended up being too loose around the waist, baggy in the back side and too tight in the crotch area. I tried to wear them backwards once but it was far too awkward. My mother is beginning to get suspicious, last night she asked why none of my underwear is being used.

DoubleMeatWhopper: Wearing boxers or freeballing is not a good idea for me, since I am at the age where arousal is easy and spontanious boners happen frequently during class.

boneaz: Well I do have problems when it is flaccid because of the restricting underwear, yet it barely ever stays flaccid for more than half an hour and thats when it starts to hurt.

BagofBones: Yeah my underwear probably is smaller than yoursbut also if you have large testicles like I do then you would understand how hard it is to fit them in there.

Ineligible: Hi Aiden, this amount of growth is certainly unusual, and I think a urologist would consider it something that needs monitoring. There was another member of this board, several incarnations ago, who was put on a drug that is usually used for men with enlarged prostates, that stops the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, the hormone that causes penis growth in puberty (and prostate growth throughout life). You may have an unusually high level of that hormone.

There is a growth-stopping mechanism, that isn't well understood, that kicks in to stop the pubertal growth spurt. It could happen soon, but it's very hard to predict.

Ineligible: I've been thinking more about this.

Some people may doubt the likelihood of such growth. Certainly, it has never been reported even here before. However, there are enough other reports here to suggest that such a rate of growth over the short-term is quite possible, and it may even be that normal growth comes from occasional fast bursts rather than steady slow growth. If Aiden has the puberty growth mechanism stuck on "full on", this could be what you get; and the age is about right, too. For myself, I'll treat it as real until proved otherwise.

However I'm now thinking that, if that is the case, the time to see a urologist is now. A big penis is good, but there must get a point where it would be better not to be any bigger, and I'd imagine 11" is pretty near there. At the very least, hormone levels should be checked.

BagofBones: I agree with the last posting there. Are you ever mistaken for a 23 or 24 year old Aiden or do you shave every day? Coz' it's just possible that there maybe some hormone problem, perhaps temporary but nontheless troublesome. If you dick keeps growing at it's current rate, then how big will it be when you're say 18, 15" or something! But it would be good to seek advice from a urologist because it could very well get to the stage where it's hanging down your leg and out of your shorts! But try not to worry too much about it in the meantime.

da_blissmachine: boxers or freeballing is a personal choice. I don't like freeballing because most fabrics used in pants feel uncomfortable on my penis

BagofBones: Nothing like freeballing, especially more so in bed.

aidenbick: Well after getting enough courage I went to the doctor. I just told my parents I had personal teenage problems and they understood. The doctor said everything was fine and it was most likely just a part of my growth spurt. He said if I get any abnormal lumps rashes or anything that I should be concerned and I should visit again or if I feel that something is wrong. He also said that although it is uncommon for things like this to happen at a young age, it is not impossible and it is perfectly natural. He says that it should be finished growing to adult size soon. So thanks for all your support you guys.

Late_Bloomer: Does sound unusual, but not impossible. Such rapid growth spurts are definately possible, as I know I've personally had two and I'm kind of going through a third one that's not quite as fast and probably over now. The first one was about 4 inches in 4 months and the second was 3 inches in just as long. I switched to boxers after the first one and boxer-briefs with large pouches after the second. If you're really having trouble with your underwear, you should probably just tell your mom they're tight and you need new ones. If she's nosy about it, just tell her it's a guy thing and you're going through puberty and she'll get your meaning and probably not go any more in-depth on it.