Hey Trinity...remember your gloating about Wright and Obama?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Kaye Throttlebottom, Mar 21, 2008.

1. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

sorry your assertion that Obama "cut his own face" because of Rev. Wright? (Whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean).

Guess who's shaking hands with Rev. Wright at a prayer breakfast in this picture?

Take a guess??? :wink:

Yep. True to form, you Clinton supporters gloat that Hillary wouldn't be associated with someone like Wright or someone like Rezko... when Hillary blasted Obama for defending a slumlord, Rezko in Chicago. The very next day, a picture surfaced with BOTH Hillary and Bill standing next to the same slumlord in question.

I don't know about "cutting ones' own face" but it's laughable how the damning evidence you forever charge about Obama's relationships and judgment, as the end-all for him, in defense of Hillary; is shunted by the revelation the Clinton's on prior associations with the same individuals you skewer Obama about.

I'm sure you're frustrated...as you should be ;)

Go Obama 2008!

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Did we need a whole new thread for this - could it not have been a comment in which ever Obama thread this 'gloating' took place in?

OK - I'm going to back off this whole too many election threads buzz I have been on for a few days - but seriously folks - this OP (as in the post not the poster) is going a little too far, no?

3. dong20

Gold Member

It's all the more unnecessary because HG already did this, some 7 Hours ago.:rolleyes:

But yes, I agree. To create this thread is not only petty and redundant, but borders on being merely a personal attack.

4. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, in all fairness, the Rezko photo was a novel addition... :biggrin1:

5. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    ooooooo they were standing next to each other oooooooo they shook hands, get that tabloid shit outta heeeeeeere.

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, because just any schmuck gets invited to hang out for photo ops and have breakfast with the President...:rolleyes:

7. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    And the hits just keep coming. Doubtless the GOP will cough up another Larry Craig or Mark Foley (or perhaps worse) prior to the general, but at the moment they're riding high on the Democratic maelstrom. Bring on the train wreck in Denver! :biggrin1:

8. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Whatever breakfast is the most pointless meal of the day anyway. Now if they were having breakfast for 20 years together that would be a different story....

9. dong20

Gold Member

I suspect that the argument (for those who would swallow it) is; Wright's Dogma passed to directly to Bill through the handshake (like osmosis, only not really), and thence to Hillary by dint of her being co-president, only again not really.:biggrin1:

The photograph proves nothing, which is somewhat the point, I think.

10. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Weeee haaave ah weeeeeenaaaah! :biggrin1:

11. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

I just glad this election stuff has not hit my sports forum board I go to.

12. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

WAIT A MINUTE. The Clintons go to that same church?! WHY THE FUCK ARE W

oh wait you're a just being an asshole

13. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Not just any prayer breakfast....

That prayer breakfast was the day that Bill Clinton assembled a group of clergymen and confessed his transgressions about Monica Lewinsky for the first time, since denying the allegations for months.

What exactly does it say about Bill Clinton if he invites the same Rev. Wright in to his confidence about his most humiliating turmoil?

I'm taking aim at Trinity, because Trinity claims that Obama is trying to take out Hillary and he cut his own face w/ Rev. Wright (again whatever the fuck that means).

The reality, is that Obama has not gone negative on Hillary, he has not, "tried to take Hillary out." Most would conclude Obama has been passive (frustratingly so at times), when Hillary is the one with the negative attacks. Hillary is indicting Obama defending a "slumlord" Rezko. Yet she has photos with Rezko and has photographs with Rev. Wright at one of the more embarrassing and humiliating private moments that imploded on the Clinton's marriage and their political and legal lives.

So Trinity and Co; if it means nothing that the Clintons have associations to these guys (Rev. Wright and Rezko), then it means nothing that Obama has associations to them as well. To argue otherwise is to say that the Clintons have one standard (photos mean nothing) and the double standard is Obama's associations are grave and require him ostracisizing them from his life.

Puhleeze.

14. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

No an asshole goes after someone's religion and userps another minister's sermon as the platform for another person running for office. Rev. Wright is not running for office, Obama is running for office. Yet Media whores and Hillary campaign whores alike recycled this garbage to question Obama's judgment, how could he not know Rev. Wright was like this? Any more than the Clinton's managed to give him a formal invitation to the white house to hear Bill spill his guts "yes, I banged Monica Lewinsky, pray for me" borgeois bullshit.

Obama didn't say these things. Yet they question how could he not know. Fair enough how can the Clinton's not know. And again, what kind of asshole goes after a man's religion? (Trinity). (Hillary).

15. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Ding Ding Ding :)

16. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Ding Ding Ding!

If it meant nothing that Bill Clinton invited Rev. Wright to pray and have breakfast at the white house with the other Clergy assembled to ruminate over Bill's confessions about his cigar nonsense w/ Monica Lewinsky, then Obama cannot be raked over the coals for his unwitting knowlege about Rev. Wright's inflammatory sermons of yesteryear.

17. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Why should he when he has millions of zealots willing to go negative for him?

*YAWN*

18. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Oh I've got ammo for McCain...

1. He fucked around on Wife number 1 - while she stood by him and raised his kids while he was getting his ass kicked as POW in Vietnam, she was a former model that went head first through a windshield in a car accident and crippled her to the point that she was 4 inches shorter. Who leaves a crippled woman? McCain did and he married a wealthy 23 year old socialite, Cindy Hemsley, daughter or the Anne Heiser Bush distributor. Says his selfishness and immaturity were to blame for his first marriage collapsing (he was 40) not anything that he endured in Vietnam (at best, he's honest about it).

2. Paid for his first run for senate in Arizona against his wife #2's trust fund. (Campaign finance reform, was necessary, or deplete his wife's stash to stay in office apparently)

3. His involvment in the S&L scandal (tons of shit there)

4. Wife #2's addiction to prescription percocet & Vicodin, had her defrauding her own charity, writing bogus prescriptions using the DEA numbers from doctors working for her charity and stock piling meds for her habit. Her parents and friends tried to get her to get help, only the DEA investigating and closing in on her, compelled her ot admit it. She got a deal to avoid felony charges in stay of 90 day rehab. No evidence that she ever did rehab. She fires the guy that alerted the DA, to how severe her behavior was. He files a wrongful termination lawsuit. McCain sicks the same S&L lawyers to sue him for extortion and burry him in legal fees fighting it. The only recourse for that guy was to go public. McCain made sure his wife was the first to speak to the media about her addiction to meds. Meanwhile that guy that was fired was a former friend, whose name was used to receive a phony prescription for vicodin and was fired for it.

Trust me - I've got plenty more on McCain ... his fucked up decision w/ the others to sign off on the idea to let NATO bid on defense contracts and making the rules so rigid, the war-fighter has to go with the best value. We now have French companies building the new Marine 1 helicopter and the US Army light utility helicopter. Something about design specs and weaknesses being exposed?

Laugh all you want McCain also fesses up what a clusterfuck it was to send our troops in to harm's way without body armor. So I wouldn't gloat about the GOP's chances about winning this fall. That being said, it's the Democrat's race to lose. The economy is in the shitter, we're at war... if the Democrat's f this up, they have themselves to blame. There is enough discontent out there for the Dems not to take control of the house.

:cool:

19. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Wasn't the point :rocketwhore:

I'm talking about Hillary zealots that go negative against him populating this shit that he's out to get her or too inexperienced or has associations to shay individuals (that just happen to be associates of the Clintons as well).

The point, Obama has yet to go negative on the attack against her or villify her for decisions about her private associations. Her decisions as a senator, yes - criticize her politics, but no her character or her associations. He does not attack, and his zealot supporters don't attack her, they defend him against her bs accusations.
    :bling1:

For those rationalizing A photo is not a 20 year relationship: how can Obama not know Rev. Wright's true character. How can we trust his judgment of people? If that's the benchmark, how well does he know those close to him, to run for office, we can employ the same logic about how well Hillary knew and trusted her husband when he lied to her REPEATEDLY about every woman he fucked around with or how he lied and denied Paula Jones, due process of law - enough to lose his license to practice law (not that he needs to) but it created a lot of baggage for her, the political office and a lot of wasted tax payer dollars, so the rest of the world laughed at us.

Oh wait what does that have to do with her campaign as president?

That's my point.

What the fuck does Rev. Wright have to do with Obama's campaign? If these private associations are fair game, then how well did she know Bill then? The argument has no merit.

Seriously. Obama doesn't go there. Obama's supporters don't go there yet her campaign and supporters go negative against Obama constantly. It's bs and it's desperate.
    :bsflag:

20. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

That aside Vince, forget about 'zealots' like me, defending Obama.

More Democrats are supporting Obama, because they believe the Clintons have gone TOO negative and believe they have done more to hurt the democratic party and less likely to win an election. Ted Kennedy did remain neutral and supported Obama. Richardson stated he admired that Obama took on the Wright issue and our lingering disdain about race.

Obama doesn't just disassociated a relationship of 20 years, because some 1/2 assed observation tells him to do in a desperate grab for the gauntlet. It would be disingenuous if Obama did that. Instead he tackled the issue of race and called time on both sides. A leader does those things and does so courageously - not this bs smear and insistence that one alienate for bs face value.

A leader handles difficult subjects honestly and candidly, not bs sabertooth rattling and accusations.

I mean after all of Hillary's criticisms about Obama not being ready, being inexperienced, chiding him that he should go above and beyond to distance himself when Farrakahn says Obama would unite the country (he has no relationship with Farrakahn) and then says he would be her pick as a VP, do you really think Hillary has a chance to unite the Dem party after the fact? I don't see it happening. Yet Trinity goes negative on Obama in favor of Hillary and says that Hillary will unite the party at the DNC. Uhm - redlight no she won't. She'll basically be asking Superdelegates to give her the nomination and make arugments for it. She'll piss off voters that believe that the democratic party does things democratically, the winner with the most pledge delegate votes and the popular vote would clench the nomination. If superdelegates over-turn the democratic choice of the voters - no, there is no putting on a front that she'll unite the party after all the damage she's done.

Gov. Richardson is right, The Clintons have gone too negative, too often. Nancy Pelosi said, there will not be an Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama ticket, when Clinton suggested that McCain would be more equipped to lead on Day 1 than Obama, that fairytale disappeared. I think it says a lot that other Democrats recognize, she does more harm than good.

I think it says a lot that people with the most polarizing views of the US, find a person like Obama can unify the country - and these comments are coming from individuals that historically do not look for a way to dovetail - they want to win. Yet they are open to that possibility - that Obama can find a way to unite the country. If he can win them over, he's got the best chance to move us out of the mess we're in now.

Draft saved Draft deleted