HGTV

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I enjoy this channel and noticed that they show a lot of male couples buying or selling homes. While this doesn't mean they are gay, many of them obviously are.
I'm glad to see some part of society opening up to same sex couples.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, and the best part of it is that they don't make a big deal of it. It's just two people or a couple doing whatever the show calls for.

Although sometimes the guys are just a weee bit "camp."

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, and the best part of it is that they don't make a big deal of it. It's just two people or a couple doing whatever the show calls for.

Although sometimes the guys are just a weee bit "camp."

What's camp???

But um yea, my mom watches that channel ALLLLLL the time. Sometimes I tune in to design my lil tiny apartment. They actually give you good ideas on stuff. I like to live in a place that looks nice. So I steal all their suggestions and use some of them.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What's camp???

My God, you are 100% straight aren't you?! :eek: Such a rare find on this site these days. :cool:

"Campy" or "camp" are gay terms referring to the stereotypically gay way of speaking or the gay world view. A good example of a campy movie is "Wigstock La cage aux folles." Another campy movie is "The Loved One," a satire on the American funeral industry starring Jonathan Winters.

You might also want to read Susan Sontag's essay "Notes on Camp." She has an interesting take on campiness, but not everyone would agree with her particular ideas about the nature of camp.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
what is HGTV? is it like high defenition
HGTV
Home and Garden TeleVision. With programs such as House and Home, Designer Finals, Landscapers' Challenge, House Hunters and Curb Appeal, it's a channel with several hours of low cost, yet often interesting, entertainment (and it's all reality television too!)

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not to confuse Alex but there's also HGTV in high definition.

The few times I've look at it, it had a different programing schedule than std HGTV. In contrast, History hi-def usually runs the same programming concurrent with it's std channel.

Back to DV's point, I too am glad to see society "opening up". Moreover there seems to be minimal fuss or backlash about such presentations.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I also have noticed there is a heck of a lot of repeat shows now on HGTV. Surely the writers strike had no effect on their programming? I recently realized that one of my favorites is no longer on the network. The Junk Brothers with Jim and younger brother, Steve Kelley. They were the two the went around picking up discarded items and turning them into new treasures. Steve is (or was) the cutest in my opinion.