Hhuck says goodbye

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm going to miss you.

You are one of people that make this such a great site and your intellect, charm, patience, and spelling has enriched all of our lives.

Best of luck and may the Bleu Bird of Happiness sing outside your window every morning!

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
While I knew this was coming, I hoped that it wouldn't. I'm sad because we had just began a friendship - one that I had hoped would become a real world one. I respect you and think that you are truly one of the most intelligent, interesting and well-balanced people here. I always enjoyed reading your posts - gave me braingasms they did!

Be well Hhuck and you will be welcome should you ever decide to return. *hugs*

unique_exposure

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Huck you've been here since I joined and I first giggled at "Rubirosa" simply because of the name's sound. Your 2007-ish "afterthought" light grey end-of-post format was memorable.

I've always loved your posts mainly cause you bring a balanced, but still-personality-loaded perspective into so many discussions... your almost audible, uniquely translated, phonetically mostly-accurate, lingo-isms were always a treat. Your spirit projected an incredibly "fair," calm, and discerning presence.

This is not the eloquent description I could hope for, but the best I could do: mainly because *you are one of the writers I often depended on to put "it" into words best.

Be blessed and enjoy your next endeavor. I'm sure you'll be a treat and successful there as well.
xo. U_E

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well this not only sucks but it also makes me very sad. You'll be missed terribly.

I hope to still chatter with you in another realm, Ch. x

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This explains the sudden "friend" request on FB.

:frown1:

Au revoir to one of the three best editors I've ever had. Your reasons remain opaquely your own.

Bonne chance et tous ça: bordel la vache!

Yours in perpetuity-

UBb
(Dammit!)

Noooo! Who will be the voice of reason now? Hickboy?!!

Great knowing ya bud - hope you come back sometime! :)
Will miss ya.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm both shocked and saddened to see you go. Let's hope you change your mind down the line. In the meantime take care. :wink:

NoH8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The voice of reason departs? I'm sorry to see you go. You will be missed more than you know. Whenever you entered a thread I would stop, take notice and learn something. I had hoped to get to know you better. Please stop by now and then. You elevate the tone here like nobody else.

Best wishes

NoH8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
BTW this thread is like a roll call of all the LPSG members I most admire and care about. HHuck, one can certainly be judged by the quality and dedication of one's friends and yours are of the highest quality.

May you walk on clouds, and should you fall, may you fall into the arms of friends like these.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This was not happy news to come home to (I was traveling all day yesterday), but I suppose you know best. Farewell to an invaluable contributor to the site! This is a serious loss for us.
:sadwavey:

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well not the best news to start a Sunday morning. :frown1:

I completely understand.

You are a quality human being and that is rare and will always be missed.

So Goodbye & Good Luck.

I try to avoid advice
but you can say a Texas Goodbye

Climb onto your horse,
wave your hat,
horse rears on back legs and pivots
Then you ride off into the sunset.
Impressive.

...and will make a great movie ending...

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I'm going to miss you.
You are one of people that make this such a great site and your intellect, charm, patience, and spelling has enriched all of our lives.
Best of luck and may the Bleu Bird of Happiness sing outside your window every morning!
Spelling! Lol.
Vince, you know how much I like you.
Thank you for your kind words.
I'll miss you too.
The Bleu Bird of Happiness is one busy bird but I have him on retainer two days a month.
Take care.
I hate goodbyes...so just come back as someone else, Chaz. Like a new Dalai Lama we'll know who you are.
You may have to tell them, you little zenster.
Be well.
While I knew this was coming, I hoped that it wouldn't. I'm sad because we had just began a friendship - one that I had hoped would become a real world one. I respect you and think that you are truly one of the most intelligent, interesting and well-balanced people here. I always enjoyed reading your posts - gave me braingasms they did!

Be well Hhuck and you will be welcome should you ever decide to return. *hugs*
Hugs backatcha, Lafemme.
Yes, this was a friendship cut off in the very early going.
'Cept you do have my coordinates.
The ball can keep rolling.
Huck you've been here since I joined and I first giggled at "Rubirosa" simply because of the name's sound. Your 2007-ish "afterthought" light grey end-of-post format was memorable.

I've always loved your posts mainly cause you bring a balanced, but still-personality-loaded perspective into so many discussions... your almost audible, uniquely translated, phonetically mostly-accurate, lingo-isms were always a treat. Your spirit projected an incredibly "fair," calm, and discerning presence.

This is not the eloquent description I could hope for, but the best I could do: mainly because *you are one of the writers I often depended on to put "it" into words best.

Be blessed and enjoy your next endeavor. I'm sure you'll be a treat and successful there as well.
xo. U_E
Pretty eloquent to my ears, U_E.
Very kind, very kind.
I noticed your posts a lot.
You know, this thread just reminds me of how many opportunities we miss in life ....
There are so many people, you among them, that add so much
Well this not only sucks but it also makes me very sad. You'll be missed terribly.

I hope to still chatter with you in another realm, Ch. x
I'm sure we will, *.
You're just the most extroverted, exuberant, delightful kind of guy.
And I still have your original photo version of the real Hhuck ... far too hunky for my avatar, but a source of many laughs.
Take care, *.
This explains the sudden "friend" request on FB.

:frown1:

Au revoir to one of the three best editors I've ever had. Your reasons remain opaquely your own.

Bonne chance et tous ça: bordel la vache!

Yours in perpetuity-

UBb
(Dammit!)
Thanks, B.
I think you have my contact info.
And in case, we do have FB. (My account is giving me problems, but those should soon be sorted.)
Take care.

Noooo! Who will be the voice of reason now? Hickboy?!!

Great knowing ya bud - hope you come back sometime! :)
Will miss ya.
Hickboy is the resident shock therapist.
He's good at that. Keep him in post, joll.
We made friends fast, joll ... and I will remember you.

I'm both shocked and saddened to see you go. Let's hope you change your mind down the line. In the meantime take care. :wink:

Thanks so much, D.
You were always a delight to speak with.
Best to you and P.

Fuck off! Ok, so I'll miss you, don't let it go to your head. :You_Rock_Emoticon:
YouTube - ‪Tainted Love Original‬‏

Music's new to me, lafever. Good stuff.
(I don't fuck off ... I pHhuck off.)
Nice to hear from you.

The voice of reason departs? I'm sorry to see you go. You will be missed more than you know. Whenever you entered a thread I would stop, take notice and learn something. I had hoped to get to know you better. Please stop by now and then. You elevate the tone here like nobody else.

Best wishes
Thanks, NoH8.
So many nice words even from peeps I didn't brush up against all that much.
It's a nice feeling.
Take care.
If I'm the Abe of the piece (and we are identically graceful), I know who Rik is.
You will never find Hhuck, MB and a frying pan in the same room.
BTW this thread is like a roll call of all the LPSG members I most admire and care about. HHuck, one can certainly be judged by the quality and dedication of one's friends and yours are of the highest quality.

May you walk on clouds, and should you fall, may you fall into the arms of friends like these.
Thank you, NoH8.
I'm frankly bowled over by the friends I knew about ... and by the ones I didn't.
* Excuse me while I blow my nose *
I don't know what to say that has not been said already but I will miss your presence and insight. You are a one of a kind kind of guy you sort of remind me of this little diddy... Kind of young kind of now... kind of free... kind of WOW!
I have your phone number... I promise I'll call!
Me ke aloha!
Please do call, D.
I love that ad. So much class. One of my great regrets is I never heard Bobby Short live.

This was not happy news to come home to (I was traveling all day yesterday), but I suppose you know best. Farewell to an invaluable contributor to the site! This is a serious loss for us.
:sadwavey:
Cal, there's no one I learned more from on this site than you.
You also have made 50 the new 20.
An inspiration on every count.
Well not the best news to start a Sunday morning. :frown1:
I completely understand.
You are a quality human being and that is rare and will always be missed.
So Goodbye & Good Luck.

I try to avoid advice
but you can say a Texas Goodbye

Climb onto your horse,
wave your hat,
Impressive.

...and will make a great movie ending...
Thanks, Pitbull.
I like the Texas ending.
If I can just trade Paint, my Shetland pony, for something more imposing, I'm gonna try it.
Thank you for your kind words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I refuse to write an obituary, rather I would argue why you will be back. Without prejudice to the many fine newer contributors, slow hands will or should understand that there becomes an emotional attachment to contribution. This, given our nature and personal circumstances, becomes hard to maintain when relative to how you feel the board is going. Who hasn't felt, why the f did I spend an hour looking for something interesting to contribute to?

The reason we stay, and return is this weird sense that we have made an emotional or spiritual attachment to people whom we don't know from Adam. I have always felt that from you, Huckser, as clearly have many others. If you don't come back, I will presume that you have found alternative fulfillment and of course we should be happy about that; if though you find it and come back, as I have done, then so much the better for us.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
(Pitbull rewrites script :cool: )
(do you like my Hollywood director look with the shades?)

... say a Texas Goodbye

Climb onto your horse,

Paint, my Shetland pony,

wave your hat,
Impressive.

...and will make a great Mel Brook's movie ending...
:tongue:

Gone but not forgotten...:wink:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I refuse to write an obituary, rather I would argue why you will be back. Without prejudice to the many fine newer contributors, slow hands will or should understand that there becomes an emotional attachment to contribution. This, given our nature and personal circumstances, becomes hard to maintain when relative to how you feel the board is going. Who hasn't felt, why the f did I spend an hour looking for something interesting to contribute to?

The reason we stay, and return is this weird sense that we have made an emotional or spiritual attachment to people whom we don't know from Adam. I have always felt that from you, Huckster, as clearly have many others. If you don't come back, I will presume that you have found alternative fulfillment and of course we should be happy about that; if though you find it and come back, as I have done, then so much the better for us.
Well, one can't predict.
On va voir, as the Silesians say.
I certainly felt a connection to you, Lordpe ... oops, Drifter.
Your voice was so distinctive.
I particularly liked (and this may sound strange) the way in which you decided entirely on your own what in a person's post to respond to.
There was a slight lordly condescension in this--which one might not have liked ... but for the fact that you seemed to be aiming at the better (though, alas, usually inaudible) angels of the poster's nature.
Velly high smahtz there.

Words fail...so I'll just say good luck in your future endeavors.
Thank you, mm.
Those are never bad words to deliver ... or to hear.

(Pitbull rewrites script :cool: )
(do you like my Hollywood director look with the shades?)

:tongue:
Pitbull, when did you not look good?
I mean, really?

Last edited: