Hi from Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Imported

Gold Member

The_Swinging_Voter: Just signed up and thought I'd throw out a hello to all on the board. I can see a few different nationalities posting here so hopefully there's room for an Aussie guy.

Im 34, living in Brisbane, Australia, although originally from Melbourne and miss the old hometown (as anyone who has been to Queensland would understand lol). On the more 'delicate' matter, and I really didnt know where to put this in, if at all, Im 8.6x7.1- pretty much the same soft as hard, give or take an inch or so.

Not much else to say except that its nice to find a forum devoted to something that, for many people, is just cause for a lot of sniggering and very little understanding. Can't say I've got any horror stories to tell, have been lucky so far, but am sure Ive run into similar hassles to many others who post here.

Hopefully I'll find a few answers, some tips and perhaps be able to share some advice of my own.

2. ziggity

ziggity New Member

Albums:
    welcome. hell of a tool. happy australia day, too :)

3. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

Welcome! Hope ya enjoy yourself!

4. Pappy

Pappy Member

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

5. Imported

Gold Member

The_Swinging_Voter: Thanks very much Ziggity, lovely pic by the way. And thanks Yaoifun and Poppy, hope it'll be an enjoyable stay and not just an occasional visit. Like the idea of a place like this where I can hang out and be Mr.Average. :D

6. Imported

Gold Member

LeahCat: Hi Andrew and welcome. Sounds like you're in a similar boat to me so i sympathise with someone stuck here in Qld. Nothing beats the old home town does it.

Can I ask out of curiousity though.... Is there any chance that you're the same Andrew D I met at Saints and Sinners on NYE and then at the Club Gemini in Melbourne?
    fingers crossed
    Leah LOL

7. Imported

Gold Member

The_Swinging_Voter: Thanks Leah. Yes, I saw your gallery pictures and I do remember the face (and other bits) quite well , lol. Somehow not surprised to see you on this board and hope things are going well for you in Briz.

8. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hi Andrew. :)

9. Imported

Gold Member

The_Swinging_Voter: Hey Kimahri, interesting name and nice to meet you

10. jaajaa

jaajaa New Member

Albums:
    Hey there Andrew

Big hello from west oz!

Hope you enjoy the place as much as I have been.

11. Imported

Gold Member

The_Swinging_Voter: Hey jaajaa. I reckon every hello on this site must be a big one lol. How's everything going out West? Things still rocking along at the Cottesloe? Now that is a great place to relax and mingle. You've got some great sights over there and Id say most of them go to that pub lol

12. stu

stu New Member

hello i can also say that i found brisbane a bit on the boring side. i am now back in my home town of melbourne and am happy to see the it has not changed alot. just a few more buildings.

13. Freddie53

Gold Member

Welcome! Good to have an Aussie aboard. I am from The South, USA. Look forward to reading your posts. Sounds like you have a real nice tool all the time!

Freddie

14. Imported

Gold Member

BonaDrag_Elizabeth: Hiya Andrew

Saying hello from England.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

15. Imported

Gold Member

LeahCat: AndrewD, if you'd like to 'catch up', I'll be at Mike's Place in Briz tonight. Feel free to wander on over and say hi, or whatever else takes your fancy lol :p

16. Imported

Gold Member

The_Swinging_Voter: Hi there Freddie and Stu.

Good to hear that the old place hasn't changed much Stu. Was down there recently for the start of the tennis and noticed a few buildings cropping up around the place. Still, there's a charm to them, not like the rubbish they build up here. Im a builder by trade and I wouldn't work on a lot of these sites. They're little more than concrete pill boxes posing as houses and what in the world is the problem up here with having a bit of space around your house? They seem to love building them one on top of the other.

BonaDrag_Elizabeth how's it going over there in England? Very impressive that you speak a smattering of Welsh, I thought only the locals had to know that. Regardless, as Im sure everyone says of your picture, wow quite the hottie you are

17. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Howzit, Andy? I love Australia, as well as the Australian people. I've been to the Great Barrier Reef and I've been on two surf trips down there. Great country. Welcome to the boards brah!

18. Serj

Serj New Member

Welcome Andrew,

Good to see more people join. I am not too good at my geography, but how far away is Queensland(where you're from, right?) from Sydney? I have a good friend who transfered over there 2 years ago because of his job...

19. Imported

Gold Member

The_Swinging_Voter: Hey Surferboy, good to hear you liked the place and the people. Guess we all want to know just how much lovin of the people you did while you were here lol. Yeah, the Reef is pretty spectacular and the North is good for surf -fine weather and beaches- but if you want the tastiest waves you really need to head down South to the NSW coast or into Victoria (Jan Juc, Lorne, Bells, Torquay). Between those two points is the ultimate surf safari and I think you'd find you'd do pretty well with the locals too :)

Serj, not sure exactly how many kilometres or miles it is from Sydney to Brisbane. All I can say is its roughly an hour and a bit by plane. Sydney's a hell of a lot better than Brisbane. Up here is a place you might want to go for a holiday but not live permanently . Its like they're 20 years behind in a lot of ways although I will admit that they seem to be the most sexually rapacious bunch Ive come across. Perhaps its the heat lol

20. B_Robert Fish

B_Robert Fish New Member

What's wrong with QLD??
    Please, do go on!
    :huh:

Draft saved Draft deleted