Hi from Japan

wboy

Just Browsing
Media
This is a great site; interesting, entertaining and eye-opening.
I'm enjoying everyone's stories and ideas, even if I don't really
need the "support".
More later,
wboy, Japan
17 (and a bit) cms

sensei

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Welcome! Nice to see some more Japan representation on the boards:smile: ! Enjoy!

*And no, I'm not Japanese, just working here and unfortunately don't speak a LICK of Japanese:rolleyes:

sensei

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Bryan_Lyte2 said:
Hah, *points finger at Sensei* there's my example.:rolleyes:

LOL, yep, you got me!

And I guess I can speak SOME Japanese, but its the very basics used only to get by day in and day out. I just didn't want anyone posting all these messages to me in Japanese expecting me to understand what the Hell they meant...hehe.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
sensei said:
english-speaking-I-just-live-and-work-here japanese...

yep, you got me!

And I guess I can speak SOME Japanese, but its the very basics used only to get by day in and day out. I just didn't want anyone posting all these messages to me in Japanese expecting me to understand what the Hell they meant...hehe.

Ohayo gozaimasu! (That was lesson one.)

In Bryan's words, I was an english-speaking-I-just-live-and-work-here Japanese (otherwise known more kindly as an expat) in Japan until about a year ago.

I went on a two year contract, found love, and stayed for five. My functional Japanese is crap, but my cab-driver, bullet-train and bar-room Japanese is impeccable.

Given the handle sensei, I assume you are an English teacher? (There's a union for Nova employees, by the way.)

Irashaimasse!