hi guys, need your input on relationship break up

gptyeoj

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi guys, I'd love to get your feedback on a university assignment I have.

I'm doing some research on the topic of relationships, specifically on break up/split up relationships.

would you guys care to write down your answer to this 3 questions:

1) What's your biggest FEAR when it comes to a relationship break up that you experienced or are CURRENTLY experiencing?

2) What's your biggest FRUSTRATION when it comes to that situatuation (break up)

3) What WORRIES you the most about breaking up with your partner?

If you have 2 minutes to answer It'd be very helpful.

thanks guys!

Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
1. Fear for my life. This is btw very common in abusive relationships. Not saying it is the case now, but it has been.

2. It sometimes takes many years for a person IME to get the message that there is no 'us'. In one memorable case the guy sent me letters for a decade despite the fact that I routinely mailed back stacks of them in a big envelope unopened. It lasted until he actually visited and met my new guy.

3. see above two answers. This one seems redundant. Worries are the same as fears or frustrations.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
1. When I've been in love with a girl, it's the fear of being without her and the support we share. Usually my g/f is my best friend as well.

2. Usually a lack of communication and all the paranoia that brings. I get frustrated with the confusion.

3. Breakups usually hurt! I mean, it's not just a worry but more the loss of that person and their love.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hi guys, I'd love to get your feedback on a university assignment I have.

I'm doing some research on the topic of relationships, specifically on break up/split up relationships.

would you guys care to write down your answer to this 3 questions:

1) What's your biggest FEAR when it comes to a relationship break up that you experienced or are CURRENTLY experiencing?

2) What's your biggest FRUSTRATION when it comes to that situatuation (break up)

3) What WORRIES you the most about breaking up with your partner?

If you have 2 minutes to answer It'd be very helpful.

thanks guys!

Very good questions, I have to say.

1) I would have to say that I fear that I may have been the cause. I think that's pretty normal, I guess. As a psychology major, I analyze, A LOT! I like to put myself in the other person's shoes, how that person may have felt about B because I did action A, etc.

2) I find that the biggest frustration is the sadness and the anger that both parties feel. We can allow our emotions to blind us and tune out what the other is trying to address, and this can stop us from resolving the issues that we may have. Communication is key. Honesty is imperative. And a lot of relationships lack both. As I've gotten older, I've given both.

3) What happens next. How does this person exist in your life? Is it going to be hard have them there? Is it going to hurt? Can you be friends or do you have to completely part ways? Those are things that worry me.