Hi, Im Leslie and Im addicted to Star Wars

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Barbi_Queue, May 5, 2005.

1. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

One of the great things about having 2 boys is being able to relive my Star Wars childhood with them. Since Episode III is coming out in a couple weeks, the stores have been filled with Star Wars toys, collectables, etc. and I'm going bonkers and wanting it all....right down to the twin sheets (even though my son is still in a toddler bed).

So my latest is this: Darth Tater.

I truly think I'm starting to suffer from some disease. I'm not the type of person that is normally "OMG, I've GOT to have it" and this is sad for me. Is there any hope?

2. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    :lol:

Darth Tater! As for me, I've never really been able to like, get into Star Wars that much. *shrug* My dad and brother Chad love Star Wars though.

3. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

Of course there's hope for you! I loved the original star wars. The new ones are just a bit cheesy to me but they're still decent. Pod-racing does look fun though...Darth Tater looks yummy...make sure he stays away from a deep fryer!

4. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Two new avatars! The totall gorgeous Leslie, who I totally have a crush on, and Skai's Mitsuko.

EDIT: Holy gosh, I just realized that Mitsuko starts to smile. How totally creepy! I love it!

5. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

I know! I love it too! But damn Leslie! Your avatar sure is something! Are you taking sexy pills or something?

6. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:

She doesn' need sexy pills. She's drop dead gorgeous on her own. Matter fo fact, they like, harvest her sexyness to make the pills!

7. D_Barbi_Queue

Thanks...but it's not showing up for me. :angry: Neither is Skai's. I noticed we are both on photobucket though. I must be having issues with them right now. *hmph!*

8. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

She doesn' need sexy pills. She's drop dead gorgeous on her own. Matter fo fact, they like, harvest her sexyness to make the pills!
    [post=308311]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

You're absolutely right Nixxy!
    Howza bout a public lynchin' of Photobucket?

9. D_Barbi_Queue

Ah, it's working now.

And now....back to the regularly scheduled program. :hurts:

10. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Well, you'd make a better Princess Amidala!

11. rich_cabeza2002

Yeah, TAG would look pretty good with Cinnimon Buns on the side of her head.

12. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

Have you seen the "Star Wars Revelations" fan movie online? It's underlit and the acting is amateurish, but the special effects are really impressive for a bunch of fans working for free. And the soft wipes and musical flourishes are dead on. Worth downloading if you have a high-speed connection.

13. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Yeah I saw it, and it wasn't that funny. Jar Jar getting blasted over and over with tranq darts was great though.

And LOL@ the special effects in that shit being better than the actual movie.

14. jonb

Gold Member

Actually, Princess Leia had the cinnamon bun hairstyle; Queen Amidala looks more like a kabuki actor.

15. steve319

Gold Member

Sure there's hope; they have some great psychotropic medications these days... :evilgrin:

I am just the right age to have fallen hard for the Star Wars phenomenon the first time around, but I've not even seen any of the new ones yet (I'm sure my SW Geek card has been revoked for admitting that). As a matter of fact, I've not seen the first three in a LONG time (like decades). Maybe I'm afraid I'll be disappointed to discover they weren't that great after all?

So, are the new ones any really any good? More importantly, to those of you (like myself) old enough to remember, do the old ones hold up well?

16. Socket4Plug

Socket4Plug New Member

Ah but the best thing about the new Star Wars so far.........Darth Mix Dark Chocolate M&M's!!! Yum..... :9

17. Imported

Gold Member

carolinacurious:
    As far as I'm concerned, they really were THAT great, except for the ewoks. "The Empire Strikes Back" is the jewel in the crown; AND, no ewoks.

The old ones hold up great, the whole "Special Edition" vs "Original" is too arcane and geeky to try to explain here, personally I have no problems watching the originals and I find a lot to like and only a little not to like in the "Special Editions."

Are the new ones any good?

They're different. There are SCENES that are fantastic. I think both Episode I and II's biggest problem is that they have such huge shoes to fill.

Episode III may be a different animal entirely, I have been disappointed by the first two but I have a strong feeling that episode III will be the payoff. The word on the street is that it will be the "darkest" of the six, it surely should be, and the previews look incredible.

Oh yeah, no matter what, it all ends in ewoks.

18. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

My biggest problem with I & II has been the actors that play Anakin. You could drag almost anyone of the same age off the street, put them in front of a camera, and they'd be better actors. I've often wondered if Lucas is just playing a joke on everyone. It IS supposed to be soap opera-like, but there's still some unintentional comedy there.

The buzz is that III wraps up pretty much all the loose ends between II & IV. Kevin Smith has a review on his website that basically says it's the one Star Wars fans have been waiting for. (Warning: his review does contain some spoilers.)

19. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

Not sure what movie you're talking about, but the one I mentioned is from Panic Struck. It isn't supposed to be funny, except for the intentional woodenness of the acting. And there's no Jar Jar in it.

20. Imported

Gold Member

carolinacurious:
    I purposely did not mention that review because it is FULL of SPOILERS and I wish that I had not read it (and I encourage people here NOT to read it) but it does have me excited about the movie.

I've got many problems with I & II, the acting is so universally bad though that I blame Lucas and not the actors. I think I can spot an actual moment in II where Christopher Lee just says, "the hell with it". (figuratively) Also I watched "Empire" recently and Luke is a whiney little bitch, just like his old man; of course, I didn't see it that way when I watched it as a child, I identified with his uncertainty. As an adult it's a bit more tiring because his doubt seems senseless BUT I now enjoy the Han character more than I did as a kid, so I'm happy.

That said, I still think that had I and II NOT been STAR WARS movies they would have still been a very big deal. Sure, you walk out a bit disappointed but you also walk out having just seen some of the most amazing things in any movie ever as well as seeing the absolute state of the art in special effects.

Anyway, I'm hoping that Kevin Smith is right, we've sat through two somewhat meandering movies with a tremendous amount of exposition just to set up III for a tremendous thrill ride. I'm hoping Lucas delivers.

Draft saved Draft deleted