Hickboy sez...

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No - what has been explained to me was that the publishing of that PM (in a 7 member group) was HB mentioning MW and that was deemed a breach. Though the PM doesn't actually say don't mention him where you know he can't see you apparently Hick was supposed to infer that.

I'm confused. I thought the PM about not talking about people was talking about HoL not MW. Was I mistaken or are you just using them interchangeably now?

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I hope that you don't decide to go Manly. It doesn't seem fair what Hick was banned for. Not at all.

Maybe it's because you're a guy? He had serious issues with women that were really obvious. A woman would disagree with him and he'd insult her, a man disagreed with him and he'd reply respectfully in the same thread.

I got a PM from him just the other day, telling me off and all, "how dare you!"...
never got a chance to reply- he got banned too fast.

Sorry to see Hickboy go.

It sounds like the Mods allowed an obvious troll to get the better of them.

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We're assuming that HoL = MW.

I see, now. Then, in that case, I suppose talking about him doesn't really fulfill the "you do not exist to one another" portion of the PM.

Actually that's an interesting point. By talking about someone you're acknowledging their existence, thereby breaking the rules of the PM.
Obviously that's incredibly spurious and banning him under those conditions is just silly. I really hope that doesn't turn out to be the mod's justification for banning him.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We're assuming that HoL = MW.

I see, now. Then, in that case, I suppose talking about him doesn't really fulfill the "you do not exist to one another" portion of the PM.

HoL admitted to being MW.
to several people in PMs and in the poopstorm thread.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I got a PM from him just the other day, telling me off and all, "how dare you!"...
never got a chance to reply- he got banned too fast.
I didn't say that he never told any men off. Obviously he had no problem telling Hickboy off. Doesn't mean that he didn't give women here even less respect, in general.

I'm glad that MW is gone. He was pushy, immature, bad tempered, aggressive, misogynistic, and unpleasant.

Last edited:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This whole situation is a pail of diarrhea. Ok, so MAYBE HickBoy violate the letter or spirit (ugh the damn "spirit of a big dick site), by posing in a 7 member group that HoL/MW/BM was not a member of. But MW was a right asshat.

When i first joined here, Bottomman (as he was calling himself then) was as Tsgirls described him. The underpinnings of his barely veiled misogynistic views started to shine through. Then, right before I took my break from here, he was MysticWolf. I didn't think much of the name change, as he had his old account merged (or possibly just changed his name...meh)

I come back and MW is around for a second (i think) and then poof here comes this Heart of Lion chap who knows far more than any n00b has a right to know.

Then he starts harassing or alternately befriending people his Botto and MW personas couldn't stand. Now perhaps he had good reason to come back, or change names or make a new account and close the old one. He seemed to have a base cunning enough to make sure to follow the letter of the ToS when he wanted to. So wouldn't have had two accounts open and risk being banned.

Name change and not identifying as old person to majority, provided you are sincere about fresh start, not against ToS (from my understanding anyway), as long as you come through the proper channels. However, falsifying info is against it (well DOB is...have to recheck to see if location and proclaimed nationality is as well...) and I think that is what the vast majority here (myself included) have issue with such blatant deception.

Why he could not have returned and given NO Location and left that blank, not tried to deceive people in making friends/enemies is beyond me. Hell he could have admitted that he was an old member, but was trying to start a new chapter (if anyone called him out on it) and then actually tried to NOT be a raving DOUCHEBAG...why then perhaps this whole thing could have been avoided.

Or hell, if he had just not reneged on the deal with HB (which seems to my jaded mind to be the reason he dumped the whole MW ident) we wouldn't be looking at a thread wherein HB is gone.

I am just glad he is gone as well. I hope it is a perma ban. I am sorry HickBoy is gone though. I didn't know him really, but those of you who did and lied him, well i suppose I am borrowing some of that sense of loss.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
This whole situation is a pail of diarrhea. Ok, so MAYBE HickBoy violate the letter or spirit (ugh the damn "spirit of a big dick site), by posing in a 7 member group that HoL/MW/BM was not a member of. But MW was a right asshat.

When i first joined here, Bottomman (as he was calling himself then) was as Tsgirls described him. The underpinnings of his barely veiled misogynistic views started to shine through. Then, right before I took my break from here, he was MysticWolf. I didn't think much of the name change, as he had his old account merged (or possibly just changed his name...meh)

I come back and MW is around for a second (i think) and then poof here comes this Heart of Lion chap who knows far more than any n00b has a right to know.

Then he starts harassing or alternately befriending people his Botto and MW personas couldn't stand. Now perhaps he had good reason to come back, or change names or make a new account and close the old one. He seemed to have a base cunning enough to make sure to follow the letter of the ToS when he wanted to. So wouldn't have had two accounts open and risk being banned.

Name change and not identifying as old person to majority, provided you are sincere about fresh start, not against ToS (from my understanding anyway), as long as you come through the proper channels. However, falsifying info is against it (well DOB is...have to recheck to see if location and proclaimed nationality is as well...) and I think that is what the vast majority here (myself included) have issue with such blatant deception.

Why he could not have returned and given NO Location and left that blank, not tried to deceive people in making friends/enemies is beyond me. Hell he could have admitted that he was an old member, but was trying to start a new chapter (if anyone called him out on it) and then actually tried to NOT be a raving DOUCHEBAG...why then perhaps this whole thing could have been avoided.

Or hell, if he had just not reneged on the deal with HB (which seems to my jaded mind to be the reason he dumped the whole MW ident) we wouldn't be looking at a thread wherein HB is gone.

I am just glad he is gone as well. I hope it is a perma ban. I am sorry HickBoy is gone though. I didn't know him really, but those of you who did and lied him, well i suppose I am borrowing some of that sense of loss.

This, to infinity. OK, I understand why it's not kosher to post your PM's from the moderating team when you get modslapped. I can also understand it being a sticky situation about both parties being told to leave it alone. Cool, fine.

However, HoL definitely violated the TOS, as I understand it; as you're supposed to let the mods know you're coming back, right? Then, he came back just to start trouble, and get Hickie banninated. Then, the deception of the membership, saying he was from "Darwin," when he said he was from Italy before is really the icing on the cake.

Yeah, I can understand Hickie getting some disciplinary action, maybe a temp ban, or something, but to completely banninate him...NO.

Here's to hoping that the Moderating team will have a change of heart, and reinstate Hickie. He brought a lot to the community here, while MW/HoL and whatever else his alter egos were contributed nothing.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sounds like the mods were saying to Hickboy, "Listen, we understand this other member is being a dick. You're smart enough that if we tell you both to ignore each other, you can hold out longer than he can. From what everyone can see, he can't help himself. So as long as you don't step in the beartrap first, you win." Then Hickboy stepped in the beartrap first.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'll miss Hickboy. I admire his insight and outlook on life, and he's certainly said what I've been thinking many times over the years.

I'm assuming we're not allowed to ask if he's on any other forums...

I'm waitin for it to hit SIX MILLION DOLLAH

Then...I'll let the Bionic Man, Debt Collector, take care of it..Intro - Six Million Dollar Man - YouTube

Think I'll be deeeed an gone and doust bye then Martha. ;) OOoops, that has Moon overtones don't it? :) Cause Steve was an astronaught and all. Some say, he was an astralnaught, all in his mind. No, no-one is permitted entry to this head while it is lubricated, you may slip and do youself an injury.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Sounds like the mods were saying to Hickboy, "Listen, we understand this other member is being a dick. You're smart enough that if we tell you both to ignore each other, you can hold out longer than he can. From what everyone can see, he can't help himself. So as long as you don't step in the beartrap first, you win." Then Hickboy stepped in the beartrap first.

Ah, well, now this is the part that actually annoys me - Hick understood he was to have no dealings with MW/BM/HoL/whatever and was in 2 minds as to whether to allow himself to be slapped on the wrist and stick to the 'rules' or to get intentionally banned. Trust me, if he had been intentionally breaching the rules he'd have done it where everyone could see it and be in no doubt about it. I'm sure the majority of people who read even a small number of his posts can see that's his way.

All of this bullshit is really academic. The majority of mods chose to fuck Hickboy over for the sake of member recognised site-wide as a troll and a negative influence on the board. Hickboy won't return unless the mods apologise and invite him back and I think the chances of that happening are some where between fuck all and fuck off. Those mods that made up the majority to ban him are simply too bound up in their own self importance and/or the precise letter of the law to ever have the guts to do that.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The majority of mods clearly do not believe that HoL was trolling and indeed by putting him and Hickboy of equal value to LPSG they have endorsed the HoL genre of trolling, despite having banned him for his grave dancing.

Incidentally, can anyone here point to where Hick breached the restriction placed on him vis-a-vis addressing HoL?

I'll answer that myself - other than myself and Hick there are only five LPSG members who saw what Hick got banned for (outside of the mod team, that is). What Hick did to get banned was posting the PM instructing him to never 'communicate with' HoL again in a social group of 7 members and HoL was not one of them.

The PM sent to Hick, a form PM sent in all such situations apparently, said this:

HoL, not being a member of that group, could never have seen it nor was Hickboy asking anyone to pass any message on or do anything. Hick made no comment at all on the PM - just published it and then, when asked a question refused to comment further.

To my mind Hick was not breaching the terms of what he was asked to do as there was no attempt to communicate.

By the way, as far as I can tell from the comms I've had with him today I'm far more pissed off about this than he is. Maybe I should just be done with it and go for death my mod and get myself out of this shit-pit as well.

Where the fuck are you getting the idea that you can tell me what to do? :confused:

I need to decide? Why? what the fuck is it to you?

Fuck off!
I didn't intend nor did I try to tell you anything. My comment was based on your post.

I will gladly fuck off. :rolleyes:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I didn't say that he never told any men off. Obviously he had no problem telling Hickboy off. Doesn't mean that he didn't give women here even less respect, in general.

I'm glad that MW is gone. He was pushy, immature, bad tempered, aggressive, misogynistic, and unpleasant.

Oh, I am glad he's gone, too...

And he told me off for basically telling him his treatment of Red was over the line...

But I think we should agitate for the Mods to change the TOS...

It should be the Mods job to identify trolls... with, like, a big flashing badge on every one of their posts... and it should be rhetorical open season on anyone with that big flashing badge.

Or something.

But permanently banning a longtime and valued member.... because of complaints lodged by a troll?
...c'mon.

Fuck me. Trolls have been trying for so long to improve the image placed upon them by fictitious fairy tales. We were making headway, and along came the fucking internet. All of a sudden, Troll is a fucking bad word again. Talk about fucking discrimination. it's alright to be gay, it's alright to be straight, it's alright to be bi. But no, it's not ok to be a troll.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have certain old-fashioned rules for myself. Simple things. Like, treat others with respect, try to defend those in need, consider the needs of the many and always avoid violence. (Note, those are my personal rules. I don't force others to follow them.) I know that I'm a worm. The sort of creature that shouldn't have evolved out of the mud. So, I think - "What have I got to lose?" I should embrace the mud and try to clear this world of it's filth. Knowing I'm this insignificant thing, that's what I do with my life. I read this thread and what do I see - intelligent people with one rule: "Look after our own." You've spread that message in this thread. You've suggested that there should be two sets of rules, one for 'them' and one for 'us' (the 'valued members'). This has been a one-sided display of 'good ol' Hickboy can't be banned - he's one of us' posts. Anyone that believed in the double-standard, bullying nature of this site won't be changing their mind anytime soon.

Ah, well, now this is the part that actually annoys me - Hick understood he was to have no dealings with MW/BM/HoL/whatever and was in 2 minds as to whether to allow himself to be slapped on the wrist and stick to the 'rules' or to get intentionally banned. Trust me, if he had been intentionally breaching the rules he'd have done it where everyone could see it and be in no doubt about it. I'm sure the majority of people who read even a small number of his posts can see that's his way.

All of this bullshit is really academic. The majority of mods chose to fuck Hickboy over for the sake of member recognised site-wide as a troll and a negative influence on the board. Hickboy won't return unless the mods apologise and invite him back and I think the chances of that happening are some where between fuck all and fuck off. Those mods that made up the majority to ban him are simply too bound up in their own self importance and/or the precise letter of the law to ever have the guts to do that.
Firstly, let me make it perfectly clear that I'm not speaking for the 'majority of the mods' - I'm speaking for myself. In fact, I wasn't even online when all of this happened. The way I'm feeling, I'd rather sleep than deal with this. I'll try not to go into detail. Still, I have the 'guts' to reply to this post. What you've said is rubbish. You suggest that we 'fucked him over' for the sake of a troll. Wrong. He fucked himself over for no reason. Hickboy isn't stupid. He knew exactly what he was doing. We gave him a fair warning and purely for the sake of 'being Hickboy', he was pedantic and decided to find a loophole in the PM to exploit. In fact, it's because of the belief that we follow the 'precise letter of the law' that he thought he could get away with it. I'm sorry, but he went too far this time.

In the past, many members have complained that we are too soft, or too firm with people. That there's too much/too little flexibility. The truth is, we follow the rules but give everyone a chance (unless they're a spammer etc.) and don't like to ban people. For example, even though some considered it to be off-topic/harassment, we allowed the 'six dollah' stuff. Not because it was Hickboy posting it, but because it referred to a charitable donation that another member had agreed to pay. However, it was getting ridiculous and started to cause disruption, so the PM was sent. If he had stopped pushing, he'd be here now. It's his own fault, other than to be impudent - he had no reason to post that PM.

I find the attitude displayed in this thread very hypocritical. You praise us for treating one person in a certain way, but condemn us when we treat another in the same manner. "We don't like that guy - you should have banned the scum immediately." "Oh, it isn't fair that the person we like was banned - the moderators have made a big mistake!" Can you see what I mean? You're not fools. You know you're biased - you would be defending our decision, had it been someone you don't know. It doesn't matter if the person is a troll. The same attitude is displayed everytime there's a simple difference of opinion. Try to remember, everyone has friends. Everyone will be missed by someone. Define 'valued member'. No-one is untouchable. I'm not, you're not - Hickboy isn't. Liking someone isn't a good enough reason to let them break the rules. All things considered, a ban was due. He was warned. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm fair. If an established member breaks the rules, the necessary action will be taken. If a new member with one post breaks the rules, we will take action. People have spoken about how it 'isn't fair'. I'll tell you what isn't fair; it isn't fair when a confused new member is attacked for asking a penis-related question (sometimes they aren't trolling). It isn't fair when an established member is attacked by a new member. It isn't fair when a whole group of people (women, for example) are attacked by a member - old or new. It isn't fair when a friend is allowed to get away with something a stranger is punished for. Innocent people, old and new, have been victims of this sort of thing. Do you seriously think that having one rule for 'them' and another for 'us' will help matters? If that logic was applied to many of you, you wouldn't have gotten past the 'newbie' stage. In reality, you're all upset that a person you like has been banned. Well done for standing by them. But, don't pretend he didn't have it coming. Don't pretend the system is unfair, just because a friend was hurt by it. I know you all. I know you have functioning brains. That's what bothers me about all this. You understand the reality of the situation and know the truth. But, you dismiss that truth to blindly complain and vent your frustration.

Some of you sit there with your Che Guevara poster on the wall and dream of 'revolution'. Sadly, the closest you get to understanding the concept of revolution comes from watching Rambo. Any authority figures are automatically wrong, corrupt or evil in your narrow-minded world. At school, you were the ones complaining that you were getting an education. As adults, you look for every opportunity to attack the 'dictatorship'. When it works in your favour, you keep your mouth shut - when it doesn't you will remain silent until a bandwagon appears for you to join. You're no better than the ones you condemn. You don't know what happened behind the scenes, you don't know who reported what and have no right to suggest the moderators are wrong without giving a valid reason. Two people were involved. Both were warned - both were banned. Climb down from that bandwagon and think for a moment.

This, to infinity. OK, I understand why it's not kosher to post your PM's from the moderating team when you get modslapped. I can also understand it being a sticky situation about both parties being told to leave it alone. Cool, fine.

However, HoL definitely violated the TOS, as I understand it; as you're supposed to let the mods know you're coming back, right? Then, he came back just to start trouble, and get Hickie banninated. Then, the deception of the membership, saying he was from "Darwin," when he said he was from Italy before is really the icing on the cake.

Yeah, I can understand Hickie getting some disciplinary action, maybe a temp ban, or something, but to completely banninate him...NO.

Here's to hoping that the Moderating team will have a change of heart, and reinstate Hickie. He brought a lot to the community here, while MW/HoL and whatever else his alter egos were contributed nothing.
According to your listed location, you live in your own world. I know that isn't technically true. Should I ban you? Don't be silly. People may list their place of birth as their location. Or, they might have lived somewhere, moved and didn't update their information. Perhaps there's a privacy concern. You can't just ban people for the sake of it. Incidentally, Hickboy returned with a new account after closing his old one. We should have banned him on the spot without a second thought, I suppose. Instead, we took the time to realise it was really him and changed his name etc. Oh, how evil we are.

Seriously, I have nothing against Hickboy. However, his behaviour speaks for itself. He wasn't happy with his slap on the wrist, so pushed his luck further. When you play with matches - eventually, you get burned. You have to draw the line somewhere.