Hickboy's Advice for the Lovelorn Wanderer

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh, that's an easy one. Since it is a rug he wears, and toupee's have no roots, the square of zero roots is still zero. :biggrin1:

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally Posted by HickBoy [URL]http://www.lpsg.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/URL]
Put love first. Love yourself, and give to yourself first. I don't mean that you should do that to the exclusion of others; there is a balance point to be found, and it's yours and yours alone to find it. That may sound a bit scary, but it actually defines the only power you will really ever have in this life. Discipline and balance are aspects of love that are badly neglected, but if you don't apply them to yourself first you will wind up depleted, and of no use to yourself or those you care about.

You know, I really wish I could have learned this lesson in my life. My life would have been much happier. Wise words, Hickboy. :smile:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Be serious- I'm sick of using phonetics for that word.

What?

Do you mean mañana?

That one, which your smart ass sow, SO has so graciously pointed out.

The orthography 'mañana' is not 'phonetics' - in IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) the word 'mañana' would be represented as [məɲɑna].

At least I think so - my Spanish accent is terrible, I think the first syllable is unstressed and the second is a long [ɑ] - I'm open to correction on that. Hick?

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The orthography 'mañana' is not 'phonetics' - in IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) the word 'mañana' would be represented as [məɲɑna].

At least I think so - my Spanish accent is terrible, I think the first syllable is unstressed and the second is a long [ɑ] - I'm open to correction on that. Hick?
I'm well aware of that TYVFM, there, my pork chop princess, however, since I have no knowledge of how to type that in my posts, phonetics is all I can do.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I'm well aware of that TYVFM, there, my pork chop princess, however, since I have knowledge of how to type that in my posts, phonetics is all I can do.

That doesn't make any sense - I assume you mean you haven't knowledge - but even still, I showed you what the phonetic representation looks like, it's nowhere near what you typed.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media

Right. Mah-NYAH-nah.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That doesn't make any sense - I assume you mean you haven't knowledge - but even still, I showed you what the phonetic representation looks like, it's nowhere near what you typed.
No, actually, you showed me how it is spelled without phonetics and with a symbol on top, which I don't know how to incorporate into it with a pc.
Oh, BTW, I meant to type in have no knowledge last post.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
No, actually, you showed me how it is spelled without phonetics and with a symbol on top, which I don't know how to incorporate into it with a pc.
Oh, BTW, I meant to type in have no knowledge last post.

You're being dim, Chuck.

Spanish orthography:

Do you mean mañana?

Phonetics:

in IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) the word 'mañana' would be represented as [məɲɑna].

Is my use of the IPA confusing you? One symbol for one sound - not the same as orthography, i.e. spelling which varies from language to language, country to country, and can represent the same sound with different symbols or use the same symbol to represent different sounds.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're being dim, Chuck.

Spanish orthography:

Phonetics:

Is my use of the IPA confusing you? One symbol for one sound - not the same as orthography, i.e. spelling which varies from language to language, country to country, and can represent the same sound with different symbols or use the same symbol to represent different sounds.
MB, don't be ridiculous- I just want to know how to use the PC to type the word in my posts, no more less. Now, stop letting this get blown out of proportion and PLEASE REALIZE THAT, OKAY?
And uh, just as a point of interest, I do know how to use the symbol- I practically rewrite promo signs @ work in spanish with them, along with some help from hispanic friends.