Hickboy's Advice for the Lovelorn Wanderer

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
MB, don't be ridiculous- I just want to know how to use the PC to type the word in my posts, no more less. Now, stop letting this get blown out of proportion and PLEASE REALIZE THAT, OKAY?
And uh, just as a point of interest, I do know how to use the symbol- I practically rewrite promo signs @ work in spanish with them, along with some help from hispanic friends.

Yeah, cos I'm the one getting all het up about your inability to understand what phonetics are. :smile:

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
MB, don't be ridiculous- I just want to know how to use the PC to type the word in my posts, no more less. Now, stop letting this get blown out of proportion and PLEASE REALIZE THAT, OKAY?
And uh, just as a point of interest, I do know how to use the symbol- I practically rewrite promo signs @ work in spanish with them, along with some help from hispanic friends.

Bloody hell! Poor old chucky! I'll help you fella - but I'll point out that manana, will always read as maÑana, unless you are talking about a cross twixt man & banana. I've never seen it written like you did.

Change your keyboard settings
How to Type With a Tilde | eHow.co.uk

If that doesn't work, sometimes other methods work
In Microsoft Word for a PC, how do I get the tilde over the n? - Yahoo! Answers

If that doesn't work - you should - & none of this does for me - go to Word, or whatever your equivalent is - dropdown the insert box, & dropdown Symbol.

In the subset Latin 1-Supplement, you should find every single diacritic mark over & under any letter that would normally need it . All the Spanish ones are there! That won't help you outside of Word, other than that you can of course copy & paste it to anything else at anytime. You should be able to set up your own working macro to produce the Tilde after that.

Finally, you could just copy this : mañana - & save it!

I'm not gonna bother myself though.:smile:

Last edited:

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck that chick in massivepkgo_chucks avatar is saying! All I cam make out is " I have awesome boobehs". But seriously what is that chic saying??! I must know! Hickboy! He must know!!

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, cos I'm the one getting all het up about your inability to understand what phonetics are. :smile:
It would've helped if you'd just told me how to use the symbol for the word on the pc rather than go through all this and as you politely put it, "all het up"

C'mon, truce, ok?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The man I thought was my soul mate and whom I loved beyond all reason, suddenly stopped talking to me (out of fear of our feelings for each other, I believe - or because he's just he's an idiot). Anyway, I truly believe this is over. After one has met someone who made you see feeling and hear colours....is it possible to move on and keep your heart open to someon new? Or should I just start on my collection of cats now?

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The man I thought was my soul mate and whom I loved beyond all reason, suddenly stopped talking to me (out of fear of our feelings for each other, I believe - or because he's just he's an idiot). Anyway, I truly believe this is over. After one has met someone who made you see feeling and hear colours....is it possible to move on and keep your heart open to someon new? Or should I just start on my collection of cats now?

Oh wow, I gotta hear what hick has to say about this. I wouldn't know what to do.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What am I, Google?

Besides, this is Hick's advice thread, not mine.

Wait, your NOT Google? That makes sense, no wonder I couldn't get a thing done at www.ManlyBanisters.com. Wouldn't search for a thing.

Kept trying to search for mañana and it came back and said "fuck off". Damned interwebz

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media

Wow. This is a complicated one, with lots of subplots running through it. I'm at work at the moment so it may be a few hours, maybe tomorrow even, before I can give your question the complete answer it deserves. In the meantime, I'll be giving it some thought.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wow. This is a complicated one, with lots of subplots running through it. I'm at work at the moment so it may be a few hours, maybe tomorrow even, before I can give your question the complete answer it deserves. In the meantime, I'll be giving it some thought.

Thank you for your consideration - it was a spur of the moment post at a low moment.