hiding your age

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by two2, May 23, 2008.

1. two2

two2 New Member

Albums:
    why do some people find it so difficult to reveal their age? what is it, the older you get the less likely you are to be truthful about your age?

even on this site, a lot of people do not put their age in their profile, like wtf is the big deal?

lately i been thinking if the person i am chatting with is being truthful about their age.. hell, even their sexuality for that matter!

if you can't tell me your real age or have to guess a number then déjeme en paz!!

am i wrong for not wanting to flirt with someone because their 40? how many people are offended by this? please im not trying to offend anyone because of their age..

2. _Auron_

_Auron_ Member

I'm not sure but I think by default it doesn't show your age, and some people don't customize their profiles enough to show it. That may be the case.

3. two2

two2 New Member

Albums:
    i agree, but a high percent are members than been here for more than a few months.

i think the more comfortable you are with yourself the more likely you are to be honest with others.

4. B_Demention

B_Demention New Member

It probably has less to do with honesty and more to do with not wanting to be recognized. I'm sure there are lots of people here who have had a momentary freak-out about the possibility of someone they know stumbling onto LPSG, putting two and two together, and going "oh my god, that's _____". Personally, I don't care if anyone from the real world recognizes me, I have nothing to be ashamed of and I think the chances of it happening are fairly slim anyway. Even if they do, they're a pervert themselves for being on here, so they don't have a leg to stand on. :biggrin1:

5. youngstud

youngstud New Member

Albums:
    Yea i could understand, try being 18. Sometimes alot of people look at you for being to young even though im legal! haha

6. two2

two2 New Member

Albums:
    how does revealing your age make you vulnerable to being recognized in the real world?

people don't walk around when their age stamped to their forehead.

7. eastbaydude

eastbaydude New Member

Albums:
    I'm 40!

Not ashamed of it at all. I'm in better shape now than when I was 30. Can't think of a real reason to be secret about it.

I've connected with younger girls. When I was 38, I dated a girl who was 20. While she was a totally hot fuck and ready to try all kinds of freaky shit, we didn't really connect that much outside the bedroom.

Anone interested in taking on this 40 year old?

8. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

You don't have anything to be ashamed of...looking good!!:biggrin1:

9. hung9mike

hung9mike Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Uhh, yeah. :biggrin1:

But back to the point of this thread. I assume that anyone who doesn't disclose his/her age has something to hide, and consequently, might not be someone I want to have any interaction with.

Nope. I wouldn't have had any interest in guys in their 40s when I was in my 20s, and now that I'm in my 40s, I don't have any interest in guys in their 20s. (There are a small number of exceptions, however.)

10. Ms.Teacher

Ms.Teacher New Member

And a lot of people do not put male, female or their sexual orientation.

11. kurios

kurios Member

Good question but some false conclusions.
    Unless you are trying to hook up age is not really relevant. I have ideas and opinions and the fact that I am 18 or 80 doesn't change that.
    Initially someone would contact me after I posted and want to further discuss an idea then the next interchange included and "how old are you" and when I gave my age that was the end of the discussion.
    Result now I just dont enter any discussions.
    A lot of people are quite insulting to those under 20 and over 40.
    No Im not hiding anything and no Im not afraid of being recognized. I just think that unless we are headed to more than talking my age is none of anyone's business.

12. HaagenDazs

HaagenDazs New Member

Old people are the enemy. So they hide their age.

13. Northland

Gold Member

I never really noticed that it wasn't showing in my profile, so what? I do not deny my age, and refer to it and the years of my life on a regular basis (brought to the U.S.A. in late 1959 as a baby, graduated high school in 1977, will be 49 in September of this year).

Are you wrong to not want a 40 year old? Neither right nor wrong-just keeping yourself from a lot of opportunities.

I believe I explained myself on the male/female matter here: Male/Female Labeling=Discrimination (by the way, according to medical people I'm male-does this make everybody happy? As I said, I see the labeling as a form of discrimination.)

14. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well I'm 25, but most people think I am at least 30. I know I've got some grey hairs and some wrinkles (my life's been not so easy), but geesh, I'm not that old. lol not saying that 30 something is old by any means, but I have been accused of being in my thirties since my late teens lol

15. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

Your cock is the big deal!

16. thedrainman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    "Old people are the enemy. So they hide their age." - HaagenDazs, I hope you get to my age (62) and have something to look back on! I don't hide my age, because it is irrelevant to others that I will never meet.

I was 19 once - knew it all, and every thing was either black or white - now I am 'old' I realise that I actually know very little in the grand scheme of things, and that there are vast areas of grey between the black and the white.

I have just noticed that my age is not displayed - I shall change this immediately!

17. STYLYUNG

STYLYUNG New Member

Haagen Dazs: Why do you class older people as the "enemy". Maybe they hide their age because of insults like you just made towards older people.

18. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

Super-yummy cock!

19. HaagenDazs

HaagenDazs New Member

I see sarcasm is lost with age as well.

It was a joke. Take a breather. Did it even sound as if could be taken serious on a logical level...

20. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Less likely for people to know who I am I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted