High court rules against sodomy laws

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
LOL...funny! I didn't even think about that! Do you think all of the news cameras will be focused on Trent Lott if he does attend the funeral?

I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for ol' Trent... :-/

DirkDiggler: In England it is no longer an offence for two consenting
adult men to have anal intercourse but it is an offence for a married man to have anal intercourse with his wife.
Both laws are of course regarded and upheld with the
same awe and respect for the majesty of the law.
And of course it is an offence for two or more consenting adults to perform any form of sado-masocism

mindseye: I didn't get a chance to post on this yesterday, because I was in final exams, but the news thrilled me. I've never lived in a state where sodomy was legal before. (Yeah, I'm a hick...)

Bowers vs. Hardwick was decided during my freshman year in college, just a few months after I came out, and I remember the outrage and disappointment we all felt at the time.

So, you can imagine I'm celebrating here. One thing has me worried -- now that there's no longer any risk of 'getting caught', I'm wondering if legal sodomy won't be as thrilling... ;)

wvu_kerq: [quote author=nlatimer link=board=99;num=1056647979;start=0#13 date=06/27/03 at 10:58:53]

You mean you know what he was thinking, either you're a presumptious asshole, or you're a psychic. If it is the later than perhaps you should predict some future sizes for the boys in some other forums.[/quote]

*in my best southern drawl* Welp, I recon I must be one of dem suthurn asshowls 'cause I cain't predict the future worth a lick, but.... *cough* I was raised in the south and I do know what most of the prevailing attitudes are here. Yes, there are a rising number of open minded people, comunities, ect. but there still are those good ol' boys who's daddies hated black, jews, gays, and basically anyone not white. A good percent of those people grow up to be like that too. Most people don't like to think that people still think like that but it's true and you don't get guys like Strom in the government with out good ol' suthurn boys to elect him. :-/ I'm not psychic, but I know all about the people who elected him.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=mindseye link=board=99;num=1056647979;start=20#22 date=06/28/03 at 06:36:51] One thing has me worried -- now that there's no longer any risk of 'getting caught', I'm wondering if legal sodomy won't be as thrilling...   ;)
[/quote]

The boyfriend and I were wondering the same thing, so we tried it out a few times. All in the name of science, you understand. We found legal sodomy to rank quite high on the thrill factor scale. The major difference is that it tends to be louder now that it's legal. Maybe it's a semantic connexion: allowed = aloud? :D

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
All joking aside (and really, I had to suck up that "hick-states" comment too), I too am glad that the sodomy nonsense was struck down, but [link=http://g.msn.com/0US!s8.559_6217/68.a39/3??cm=BigPic]this article[/link] on the Web is a strong indication of the decision's political aftermath.

What's to come?

throb919: [quote author=Mark_LPSG Admin link=board=99;num=1056647979;start=0#9 date=06/27/03 at 00:33:41]Oh, and yes...what a wild coincidence that Strom Thurmond died on the same day.  If only it had been Jesse Helms...how poetic that would have been...   ;D[/quote]
Okay, Mark...as a North Carolinian, I'll say: your Jesse comment redeems your "hick states" comment. (And he will be speaking at the funeral...) One down...

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi throb - just for the record, when I said "hick states" I didn't mean that everyone in those states is a hick. I just meant that many of the people who have been elected to office in those states have not exactly been progressive. (I know - I grew up in Florida. :-[ )

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=Mark_LPSG Admin link=board=99;num=1056647979;start=20#27 date=06/30/03 at 23:10:20]- just for the record, when I said "hick states" I didn't mean that everyone in those states is a hick. [/quote]

Well this Texan in Virginia is glad to hear that, Mark.

Pull up a chair, mah boy! Have a ceegar.

Magnolia! Magnolia, my deah! Please bring our guest one of yo' fine Mint Juleps.

We'll enjoy some good ol' Southern conversation on the veranda.

Right heah in front o' mah double-wide trailer.

Pecker

7x6andchg: We do have double wides here as well, though, Pecker, right here in the relatively progressive state of Wisconsin... :D

Goes to prove Mark's point - every state has its "hicks"..I only hope ours aren't in Madison.

7x6&C

throb919: [quote author=Mark_LPSG Admin link=board=99;num=1056647979;start=20#27 date=06/30/03 at 23:10:20]Hi throb - just for the record, when I said "hick states" I didn't mean that everyone in those states is a hick.  I just meant that many of the people who have been elected to office in those states have not exactly been progressive.  (I know - I grew up in Florida.   :-[ )[/quote]
Oh I know, Mark. No offense taken. I live among the people who voted Jesse into the Senate for 30+ years. Now that's offensive!) I always feel compelled to point-out that almost half the state voted against him every chance we got; in his last election 5,327,465 North Carolinians did not vote for Jesse Helms.

But enough about him. With the new ruling--sodomy for everyone! (In fact, Mark, I was in your very own Florida when the ruling came down...and legal sodomy isn't bad at all. Celebrated with Floridians, Kentuckians, Georgians, and a couple of Dutchmen--who were very gracious about our new-found "civilization." ) And Pecker, ceegars be damned! Let's all have a blowjob...

Tony

AnonyMs: Veering way off topic...

Did you all see the news report that Strom had a daughter who is a woman of color?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=AnonyMs link=board=99;num=1056647979;start=20#31 date=07/02/03 at 04:13:27]Veering way off topic...

Did you all see the news report that Strom had a daughter who is a woman of color?
[/quote]
So, schools and pools, no; pants, yes.

H8Monga: He's got Jungle Fever... She's got Jungle Fever... They've got Jungle Fever... They're in love...

mindseye: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=99;num=1056647979;start=20#31 date=07/02/03 at 04:13:27]Veering way off topic...

[/quote]

It's not exactly news (the woman's in her 70's now!), but a lot of news media are revealing this 'dirty little secret' of his. Here is a link to a Pulitzer-winning article on Essie Mae Williams and her famous, recently deceased, dad.