High heels.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Sexy or the equivalent of a guy putting a pair of socks down his pants?

Personally, I find attempting to use fake height as a power play rather pathetic, it plays to the height eugenics fascists. But I do find beautiful shoes magnificent.

I do wonder why women who are already 5.6 to 5.9 wear 4 or 5 inch heels for the height rather than the elegance, especially if they can't walk in them gracefully.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's rarely if ever for the height but rather for the appearance of longer legs.

Wearing heels forces the calf muscles to tighten making them look leaner. They also enforce posture which tucks in the ass and pulls the shoulders back, accentuating the breastline.

These are the subconcious physiological reasons we wear them to attract men. Maybe 20% of the reason we wear them.

80% of the reason we wear heels is to make other women green with envy at our choice of wearable art and to piss them off if we tell them how little we paid.:wink:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
OK - I think what I mean then is a distinction between the overt heels and the covert height enhancers. Aren't they a bit like a padded Bra?

Why should you be ashamed of your natural height? or try to be something that you are not?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tend to wear unusual but not necessarily high heeled shoes. They match my rather ecclectic, somewhat bohemian style of dress. Though John Fluevog is famous for his shoe fetish styles, I tend to wear his funkier heels. No 4 or 5 inchers for me. I am 5'3", and at best rise to about 5'6".

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Covert height enhancers? You mean like lifts for women?

Never seen 'em.

I'm 5'3" and I generally wear a 2" or taller heel on all my footwear but it's for the illusion of a longer leg line not for additional height. What would I want to be taller for? If I need to reach something a tad higher I can go up on my tip toes even if I'm in flats to do it. Heels won't help.

I like my men to have at least 6" inches of height on me so increasing my own height with heels thwarts that desire. Most of the taller women I know bemoan their height because there are fewer men that create that feeling of being feminine that a height difference can create. (They also complain about the 'lean over' but that has nothing to do with shoes.)

Honestly I believe that the primary reason for heels is the attractive "legs of a dancer" look.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Covert height enhancers? You mean like lifts for women?

Never seen 'em.

I'm 5'3" and I generally wear a 2" or taller heel on all my footwear but it's for the illusion of a longer leg line not for additional height. What would I want to be taller for? If I need to reach something a tad higher I can go up on my tip toes even if I'm in flats to do it. Heels won't help.

I like my men to have at least 6" inches of height on me so increasing my own height with heels thwarts that desire. Most of the taller women I know bemoan their height because there are fewer men that create that feeling of being feminine that a height difference can create. (They also complain about the 'lean over' but that has nothing to do with shoes.)

Honestly I believe that the primary reason for heels is the attractive "legs of a dancer" look.

Usually my head hits their shoulder for some reason. I tend to end up with guys about the same height or and inch or two more or less.

Guinea Pig

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I reckon a woman looks Hot in stilletoes.

Not that they are enough to seduce me. High heels I think are worn for sexiness & feminity.

I dont like seeing men in stilletoes though.

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
I can't wear high heel shoes. But I think they are beautiful on women who can wear them well and walk properly with them on. I am 5'7" so I am glad I am somewhat average size. I do like wearing pumps though. They are so much more flattering than "Hush puppies" loafers, or other type of flat shoes when wearing a dress.

Just think would this scene be sexy if were done in tennis shoes?:wink:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc177/kajineko/Women-6.gif

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
I have to wear a very lightly padded bra, my nipples would always show through if I didn't. I don't think it would be nice walking in the patient's room with my nipples poking out. Don't want to put an eye out don't you know.:biggrin1:

OK - I think what I mean then is a distinction between the overt heels and the covert height enhancers. Aren't they a bit like a padded Bra?

Why should you be ashamed of your natural height? or try to be something that you are not?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sexy or the equivalent of a guy putting a pair of socks down his pants?
Not even close. They are completely different. A woman who wears high heels, no matter what her true height is not deceiving anyone. A man who stuffs a sock down his pants is a) seeking to deceive potential suitors b) pathetic.
Personally, I find attempting to use fake height as a power play rather pathetic, it plays to the height eugenics fascists. But I do find beautiful shoes magnificent.
Female height as a power play? Hmm, sorry I know what you mean but it's very rarely worked to my advantage in the past. Most people are either intimidated or put off by tall women. Sometimes other women are jealous which brings it's own problems with it.

I do wonder why women who are already 5.6 to 5.9 wear 4 or 5 inch heels for the height rather than the elegance, especially if they can't walk in them gracefully
Neither, why do men keep trying to apply logic to women and shoes? Women buy shoes not out of need but desire. We buy pretty shoes, we buy shoes that make our feet look smaller, we buy shoes that speak to our souls, we buy shoes to match an outfit or a handbag. Some shoes call our name loudly as we walk past demanding that we purchase them.

Unlike men's clothing, womens clothing is often designed to be worn with a certain height heel. If you wear a flat or low heeled shoe with a dress designed to be worn with a 3" heel you look ridiculous and vice versa.

As for being able to walk gracefully in high heels; it seems most women were never taught to walk or sit like a lady. :frown1: I was fortunate to have a mom who is a girly-girl and grew up emulating Bette Davis. I also have a dear friend who was a drag queen many years ago and she taught me how to dance and run in stilletto's without falling.

No, because you can see heels whereas a bra is undercover.:cool:

[QUOTE]Why should you be ashamed of your natural height?[/QUOTE] :tongue: Spoken like a man who unlike myself wasn't just the tallest girl but the tallest student, period, in every class from kindergarten to the eigth grade. Children can be cruel. As a result I wasn't proud or even comfortable with my height until I was in my early 20's.

or try to be something that you are not?
Are you referring to naturally tall women appearing even more statuesque when wearing high heels? Or petite women who wear high heels so that their clothes will hang better and they will appear taller?

Average Heights for Ten European Countries and the USA

FWIW - I am 5'9" tall and often wear 3" heels comfortably. I also have naturally long and shapely legs. My inseam measures 34". I do not wear high heels to make my legs look better. If they got any better I wouldn't be able to stand myself.

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's rarely if ever for the height but rather for the appearance of longer legs.

Wearing heels forces the calf muscles to tighten making them look leaner. They also enforce posture which tucks in the ass and pulls the shoulders back, accentuating the breastline.

These are the subconcious physiological reasons we wear them to attract men. Maybe 20% of the reason we wear them.

80% of the reason we wear heels is to make other women green with envy at our choice of wearable art and to piss them off if we tell them how little we paid.:wink:

BINGO! its all about looking good, they make their legs and ass look good, makes most stand straight with shoulders back, making stomach tight and chest out. If a girl walks properly in heels its one of the sexiest things alive. For those not attracted to the women the attraction to the shoes may still be there since they're not yours and you want them or cause they look better on someone else/ or you.

B_girthless

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
High heels make a woman's legs look incredibly sexy. They make average legs look gorgeous and long, shapely legs look absolutely breath-taking. There is nothing a woman can wear to make herself more sexually appealing to a man than wearing high heels. Praise the heavens for high heels!

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
omg, i can go on forever talking about shoes and i absolutely love heels!! they are the only kinds of shoes i've been buying lately, aside for flip flops. i like that heels do add a bit of height because i'm only 5'4," but i don't wear them as a power play sort of thing. i wear them mostly because they make my legs look longer, which highlights the appearance of my other features. it's great to throw on a pair of sheer stockings for an even more added effect too. every time i do this i always catch guys staring at my legs, LOL.

i do have one rule that goes along with heels: the thing that needs to match every pair of heels is a nice pedicure! i am the biggest pedicure nazi. i believe if the feet aren't well-taken care of and they're trying to be shown off in heels, forget it! dirty feet in nice heels are disgusting and repulsive!

longlegs

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being 6' with a 36" inseam, I try to wear a fashionable sandal with a mini-heel. I don't feel that I need to attract more attention with trying to balance on high heels! :biggrin1: I have seen tall women trying to walk with high heels & trying not to fall down--not too graceful, so I prefer the sandals.:redface:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I was really thinking about the workplace, where I have noticed some women varying in height enormously from day to day. They are not otherwise dressed to be chic etc, rather it seems a bit like the old power dressing shoulder pads of the 80's.

Even so, they do create an illusion. I do find the illusion enticing, even if you already have long legs like NJ, but it isn't the reality at the end of the day. From a purely personal pov, I do find it a bit strange when you are with someone whose head does come under your chin and then when you start getting intimate and they slip their shoes off, they disappear down your chest. I suppose I'm just happier at a naturist beach than a chic night club.

Spicey, you're a spoil sport. :tongue:

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Women's legs do look stunning in heels, the cruel irony being the more uncomfortable the shoes seems to be the nicer they are and the better they make you look. However, as much as i really do need the extra high it isnt very often i put myself through the torture of wearing them. Im one of them women who cant walk in them and knows how silly i look trying to walk in them

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From a purely personal pov, I do find it a bit strange when you are with someone whose head does come under your chin and then when you start getting intimate and they slip their shoes off, they disappear down your chest.

Lie down, fool. Height will cease to be a concern then.

Sheesh! I need to explain everything?