Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been totally vegetarian since the age of 11.
I was forced to eat meat before that.I was beaten by teachers in junior school for trying to avoid it,they'd be prosecuted for child abuse these days.The main education I got at that school was learning to despise authority figures.
As soon as I knew where meat came from I didn't want to eat it and regarded my diet as being nobody else's business.My friends at school thought it a bit unusual but didn't make a big deal of it.
To get to the point - I'd say high IQ has nothing to do with diet.I didn't suddenly turn into Einstein when I was able to give up meat for ever but I was intelligent enough at an early age to have opinions which I still stick with today.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Much like the statistic that my undergraduate degree has the highest acceptance to law school. 100%. However, I have a BFA, and probably 3 people a year that get an undergraduate degree in art apply to Law School

Hey! I have a BFA too. Can we just pretend that the correlation is because we're just... better? :tongue::tongue:

I hope everyone here undestands that an IQ is not scientifically valid unless it's done in a clinical setting with a proctor and it's one of the standard IQ tests. The ones you're doing online or mailing in to be scored are really just for vanity (though I tend to think any IQ test is).

I personally think MENSA is a ridiculous geek country club and have no inclination to ever join. Groups that discriminate on arbitrary grounds, no matter what those grounds are, make me angry. It's no different to me than discrimination based on sex or race.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Then make sure to keep him, since those do not exactly grow on trees.

181 IQ is 1 in 30 millions if you use SD 15.

I know! I about crapped my pants when he told me. But I don't think he's lying. I've never met anyone as intelligent as he is... in ALL areas. Math, science, you name it. It all makes perfect sense to him. He's very logical, but can think outside the box, too. He boggles my mind sometimes... and I don't exactly have a low IQ myself! I think last time I was tested, it was 152? Somewhere around there. I don't remember the exact number.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Actually one of the smartest people I know is my friend Ben. He churned out a 250 page thesis in two days and was told it was among the best things his professor had ever read. He's also close to 400 lbs and subsists mostly on McDonald's french fries and Coca-Cola. He doesn't eat meat, but not because of a dietary choice. Due to a rare allergic condition, it would probably kill him.
I thought the thread was going to be about how having a high IQ means you have a small penis.

That's too bad about your friend Ben. My experience is that people can be highly educated in some things and still completely dumb in other things. I had to teach one of the smartest guys I know to drive a stick shift and he never did get the idea of slipping the clutch, just grabs gears and pops it.

There's probably something else going on with your friend Ben. Is it his food allergies? Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can learn to maintain a safe body weight.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There's probably something else going on with your friend Ben. Is it his food allergies? Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can learn to maintain a safe body weight.

Ben is hard to explain and I couldn't do it in a single post. Mostly though, he's fat because he doesn't care not to be.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Only the good die young. I wonder if the corollary is idiots live forever?

There's some underlying self-destructiveness there.

I think the assumption would be, if you are "intelligent" enough to get a high I.Q, then you must be smart enough to know that eating healthy is very important to living.

Having said that, I don't think it is self destruction. I think it is Laziness. Some can't be bothered with being healthy. Maybe the intelligent person has weighed the pros and cons of eating healthy and has decided that they have better things to do.

*Not advocating that everyone run out and eat like shit* 400lbs is dangerous and kinda scary*

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I know a guy similar, not a genius though. He's already got the beginnings of congestive heart failure in his early forties. He eats too much. I see him eat too much. Otherwise he's clean and well-groomed. Why does he eat too much? Mental health I suppose. I've heard it's a way of entombing oneself in flesh so they'll have a ready reason when people don't like them. Why don't they like me? Because I'm fat. A way of keeping people at a distance?

Maybe kind of like a lot of piercings or styles of dress that some people would find repellent or some people would find interesting. A way of sifting out potential acquaintances beforehand.

Can anybody see through the pile of flesh to the individual within?

People who are mentally ill often do not take good care of their bodies. But sometimes people with mental health problems get help. A coworker's 40 y.o. brother died last month and they were going to have to buy two burial plots to accommodate his body. They cremated him instead.

vespertine212

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
one point to get straight -- vegetarianism does not lead to a higher iq. a higher iq will lead one to vegetarianism.

reversing the logic won't work.

i'm not saying i'm so brilliant, but i've been a vegetarian for over 12 years, and highly recommend this lifestyle choice to anyone and everyone.