High IQ = no meat?

Agricultural economy aside (I understand alot of it, and ECONOMICS AINT PRETTY :mad:) i'll just say...

An intelligent person, interested in themselves, can maintain their body better.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just a thought.

The majority who are vegetarian are vegetarian by choice rather than upbringing.

This shows a decision to behave in a way that it not mainstraem.

Perhaps the simple ability to consider an issue and make a decision outside the accepted (though acceptable) may lead to these people being brighter than the average irrespective of the decision and it's issues.

Upbringing is more than simply the family, especially when the child makes first contact with a larger world. I doubt many people would become vegetarian if not for the vegetarian culture, and... it is very much accepted in it's merits.

Even a person with compromised intelligence who has simply learned to THINK within their limitations can do nearly anything within the scope of normal human endeavor.
If they truly did that they would realise there are no such limitations. We "learn" but rarely THINK.

Regardless, I was born an eggheaded child.
Tiny body, weak immune system, fragile heart.
Yet now, my physical ability is nothing short of abnormal.

My intelligence, when met with an interested in myself, allowed me to maintain my body better. And those with a High IQ can at least "learn" what is better suited for their bodies or environment.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We all know who the most famous vegetarian of the 20th century was, don't we? Probably, so I won't mention it.

I've found vegetarians to be pains in the ass in general, and not very smart. Noisy and opinionated, but not smart. One I knew well was pretty smart, but I suspect that's because his wife, a holy terror, was a vegetarian, and he had to be one for simple self-preservation. He came down with a horrible case of upper chest cancer, and the last time I saw him he was trying to talk through a hole in his neck. Otherwise I suppose his health was OK.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We all know who the most famous vegetarian of the 20th century was, don't we? Probably, so I won't mention it.

I've found vegetarians to be pains in the ass in general, and not very smart. Noisy and opinionated, but not smart. One I knew well was pretty smart, but I suspect that's because his wife, a holy terror, was a vegetarian, and he had to be one for simple self-preservation. He came down with a horrible case of upper chest cancer, and the last time I saw him he was trying to talk through a hole in his neck. Otherwise I suppose his health was OK.

sounds like esophageal cancer.....which is unrelated to diet but highly correlated with alcohol and smoking

actually let me restate that, its related to diet in the respect that if someone has GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) certain aspects of their diet can increase the reflux.....depends on what type of cancer it was, adenocarcinoma (GERD) or squamous cell carcinoma (smoking, alcohol)

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It bothers me that implicit in this thread is that fat equals lazy, stupid, mentally ill or some combination.

Though this may be true in some cases, it's not in all of them. We talk about racism and ageism, but what about fatism? I know very many people that look thin and healthy who are just as lazy and slobby as people that are heavy. Bodies are different. People are different. Frame sizes are different. You absolutely cannot look at two people, especially if they are wearing clothing, and determine who is healthier based on their body size.

For me, pregnancy and childbirth, quitting smoking, and medication were all things that triggered metabolic changes such that I gained weight while maintaining the same level of activity and the same diet. My weight was about 130-140 for many years. At my heaviest, I was about 240. Once you get caught with that much extra weight, it's hard to lose because you actively have to eat less than your body wants and have more physical activity. Right now, because I am in the middle of a weight loss program, I eat better and am more active than I have ever been in my life. It is not easy, and having discipline to stay with it is hard. The damage that has already been done is much harder to correct than maintaining any weight, fat or thin.

There are a lot of cultural factors in the US at least that contribute to obesity-- working long hours and easily available fast food are one trap that many people get caught in. We are so exhausted from working that we either don't eat or just pick up something at a fast food joint. Of course, one meal from one of those places can be more calories, fat, cholesterol and sodium than you should have in a day. Yet a few hours later, you feel hungry.

My point is, it's not fair to assume that people that are overweight are somehow lesser human beings because of their weight. In most cases, it is simply not true.

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It bothers me that implicit in this thread is that fat equals lazy, stupid, mentally ill or some combination.

Though this may be true in some cases, it's not in all of them. We talk about racism and ageism, but what about fatism? I know very many people that look thin and healthy who are just as lazy and slobby as people that are heavy. Bodies are different. People are different. Frame sizes are different. You absolutely cannot look at two people, especially if they are wearing clothing, and determine who is healthier based on their body size.

For me, pregnancy and childbirth, quitting smoking, and medication were all things that triggered metabolic changes such that I gained weight while maintaining the same level of activity and the same diet. My weight was about 130-140 for many years. At my heaviest, I was about 240. Once you get caught with that much extra weight, it's hard to lose because you actively have to eat less than your body wants and have more physical activity. Right now, because I am in the middle of a weight loss program, I eat better and am more active than I have ever been in my life. It is not easy, and having discipline to stay with it is hard. The damage that has already been done is much harder to correct than maintaining any weight, fat or thin.

There are a lot of cultural factors in the US at least that contribute to obesity-- working long hours and easily available fast food are one trap that many people get caught in. We are so exhausted from working that we either don't eat or just pick up something at a fast food joint. Of course, one meal from one of those places can be more calories, fat, cholesterol and sodium than you should have in a day. Yet a few hours later, you feel hungry.

My point is, it's not fair to assume that people that are overweight are somehow lesser human beings because of their weight. In most cases, it is simply not true.

I agree completely. My dear brother is quite fat. He is a brilliant man.Very energetic and capable, and a wonderful person. None better. He simply eats too much.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just a thought.

The majority who are vegetarian are vegetarian by choice rather than upbringing.

This shows a decision to behave in a way that it not mainstraem.

Perhaps the simple ability to consider an issue and make a decision outside the accepted (though acceptable) may lead to these people being brighter than the average irrespective of the decision and it's issues.

Or... they could just be following the example of their friends, their favorite rock celebrity, the PETA video they downloaded online, whatever. I know a lot of people who make really stupid decisions outside of the mainstream. Strapping a jet engine to the top of your car is outside of the mainstream. It doesn't make you smart.