High School Prom Memories

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by steve319, Apr 21, 2005.

1. steve319

Gold Member

Well, we’re approaching that time of year again. You’re out on a Saturday night when you see them: jittery, nervous young men in tuxes and smiling, flawless young women with hair piled high. They’re the Prom People—with high hopes and low voices, giggling laughter and unspoken fears, all of them filled with expectations and on the edge of the next big thing.

Or not. ;)

I thought it might be fun for everyone to share stories from days past or thoughts on proms to come. Doesn’t it just make your heart race? (Or stop dead? :eek: ) I’ll get the ball rolling with a minor memory of my own.

I had two dates for my senior prom but not because of any sort of “in demand” status on my part. In addition to taking my girlfriend at the time, I was the cover story for my girlfriend’s best friend who was a lesbian. Picked her up at her parents’ house, put the corsage on her wrist, and endured the hugs and flash photography of her ecstatic but clueless parents—the whole deal.

A lot of our classmates knew the deal, and while some were judgmental (this is the rural south in the late eighties), others were supportive. She was well-liked at school, and that helped her case a lot.

It was scary at the time, but in hindsight was sort of sweet. I’m really glad I did it.

So that’s my little prom anecdote. Who’s next?

(apologies to those unfamiliar with this bizarre coming-of-age ritual; is this a uniquely American phenomenon?)

2. nacard01

nacard01 Active Member

Albums:
    Prom?
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot.
    Those nasty 8 year gaps are murder on the memory.

My prom was a blast.
    Went stag and am glad, senior year anyways.
    Myself and 7 buddies went in totally fucked up.
    Had a blast, got suspended for 2 days.
    I actually made it into a bed that night, it wasn't mine though :(

Given that I went to school rurally and my senior class had 80 people.
    You would be real surprised some of the places you can pass out in the country :)

Later
    Nater

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

My 1964 high school prom was a disaster. Seems mine was the first senior class to be integrated in my Virginia town so suddenly we couldn't have the dance at the traditional country club (or any other clubs in town for tha matter.) Four kids out of a class of 200 for heaven's sake and suddenly we were pariahs.

We asked for the gymnasium instead but for some reason the principal nixed that and offered the school cafeteria instead, a small, low-ceilinged, smelly place that everybody hated with a passion.

About 25 couples showed up, mainly the ones who did the decorating. I went with a large group of guys and gals to Richmond to see Tom Jones.

There's nothing like showing up en masse at a movie theater in tuxes and formal gowns. We had a blast and the movie was hilarious.

4. madame_zora

Gold Member

Most of my high-school years were spent like what Nacard described. Being that I was in the country, I never had a date with anyone from my high school since I was considered black. I began dating older men at an early age becasue they're the only ones who asked. I got dressed for prom so my parents would let me out, but skipped it with a g/f and we met our older dates for an elegant dinner and a drug-filled evening at a hotel, ahh the memories.

5. nacard01

nacard01 Active Member

Albums:
    I like your sharing better Madame Z :)

hehe

THanks.

6. madame_zora

Gold Member

Aww, I like you too, Nacard. Why is it that the homo-boys are so much fun?

7. Duo187

Duo187 New Member

Albums:
    Well... being 18.. I got invited from a senior to go.. my 5th prom.. rofl. Anyway, its on the 30th.. I'll be able to say how it goes then.. till then.
    My sophmore prom I went to another schools prom instead of my own, we got our pictures taken.. and you can see the outline of my dick through the pants, (she was HOT, couldnt help it) she noticed it when we got our keychains (those are instant) and couldnt keep her eyes offa it, we left early and had sex in the parking lot... what fun.

8. Imported

Gold Member

kracken: Mine was a disaster. I was a lanky, geeky, skinny kid with a big nose and ears. When i was a senior, I asked my best friend, who was a sophomore, to go with me.

Her mother hand made her dress. I wore a suit and tie. My mother gave me her credit card (a first for anyone in the family, too) and let me drive the car by myself for the first time, even though I'd have my license for well over a year.

It took over two hours to clean the car and I must have sniffed one fume too many because I started to get light headed. I drove over to her home, picked her up, and we went to our restaraunt where all the kids had reservations.

She wasn't impressed with the menu, except for the appetizers and I was getting more and more nausous (sp???) and more and more nervous.

She ordered just an appetizer and I had a dinner salad.

The manager of the restaraunt came up to us and said that if we weren't going to order a main course, they had to move us to a table in the back.

We decided just to leave and I drove her home as I was getting more and more sick. I dropped her off, went home, where everyone asked what happened. I went to the bathroom, closed the door, and promptly emptied my stomach.

After that I went to bed and didn't wake up for twelve hours.

Happy Prom everyone! lol

Kracken
    Gay, Jewish & Republican - - and you think YOU have problems?

9. txquis

Gold Member

Picture it.....the 80's....
    instead of watching the GOLDEN GIRLS that Saturday night,
    I went to the prom.
    With a girl.

I was confused.
    But i had a good time and that girl is still a pal of mine.

Wish i'd had a guy/guy prom.

10. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

I didn't go to the prom because I'd dumped my girlfriend two days before for cheating on me with her ex. I spent prom night screwing his girlfriend and little sister instead.

Not one of my more mature moments.

11. jonb

Gold Member

Because they don't have to worry about PMS, alimony, or "Does this make me look fat?" No wonder women live longer than men.

12. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

Mine is next Friday! Only a Junior prom, we had to cut the Senior prom because our budget and new principal are both horrible!

Actually, I'm gonna skip it. I was asked out to it, but I have over $100 in dues to pay and a $60 ticket...plus it's not even a date, she doesn't have one either, we're just good friends (nothing wrong with that) but it's not super prom-y. I'll be terribly bored, and it will be a waste of over $200 after the tux too.

Not my scene...if I'm not gonna enjoy it, why waste my time, nerves and money?

I WOULD go to TX's guy/guy prom though! That would be fun even without a date!

13. Ineligible

Ineligible Member

That sounds very sensible to me.

14. cwd

cwd Member

Where were you living at??

15. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

If you are dating a senior girl at your age you should be giving us advice!

16. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Duo187 -- What a blast proms would be if all the guys had your 'condition' when their pictures were taken :excl: I figure you were 16 or so when you attended as a sophomore, so those hormones were making their presence evident down there :wow:

17. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

All three of mine were boring (I had 2 during my senior year b/c I moved to a different school and managed to make both proms). I had the same freakin' date for all three of them. blah!

18. bigsam

bigsam Member

My g/f at the time and I had sex for the first time about a month before the prom as she had decided that losing your virginity after prom is just too cliche.

We ended up at an after prom party where 3 other couples WERE losing their virginity, and we spent the night laughing about it.

19. thirteenbyseven

Gold Member

Decadence and dread, great alliteration Steve. I recall my senior prom was pretty tame back in 1988. My date's father had the "you touch my daughter, I'll blow your balls off' personality, notwithstanding that after two-and-a-half months of dating I was trapped between first and second base. (Definition- squeeze the knockers all you want but South of the Equator was off-limits.) So, bottom line, booorrring. -_-

20. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

Well then, a bad boy's memories of his prom...

To explain my behavior, I should say that I have always hated school. I've always been more a manual type, and lessons were more than boring to me, so I never was among the guys with the best grades. I'd say (and quote my reports on this to back me up) that I've always been a "great talent, but why don't you use it for something good?" kinda guy. One more thing is that I always liked to slap people into their face (not literally, just proverbial) by not doing what they expected me to do. Okay, that much just to make my actions understandable to you.

One thing I can't complain about was my popularity among the - yes, you guessed right - girls. Is it true that bad boys are attractive? Must be something about us. Not overly popular among the guys, but well... girls really liked me, so I had five girls who made it obvious that they'd not mind being asked to be my date for the prom at Senior High. And following my principles, did I ask any of those out? - NO!

Instead I asked another girl, who deeply shared my dislike of school. Her name was (slightly altered) Corrine DiMaso, the girl with about the wildest reputation at school. For years always an inch away from being dropped out (or booted out), daughter of a single-raising dad, a bikes buff, and great girl if you knew how to take her. Not only her manners were wild, it was also her looks - not overly tall (make that somewhere between 5'5" and 7"), pretty heavyset (she had one of those big butts like a true biker chick - sorry for stereotyping), and inked too (don't know wether that's legal, but those were permanent ones). She was my female counterpart regarding attitude and behavior, in some ways.

However, we met for the prom night... maybe the worst dressed couple we were. You know, many look forward to the prom as opportunity to wear those classy dresses, tux's, ties and so on - I came dressed in khaki pants and wide cotton shirt, the two-buttons-open look, docksiders... she came in a set of leathers... pants, 3" thick-heeled boots, leather vest - some people were really shocked about us. However, we had really great fun that night, especially after we had our own prom night behind the gym building, and later at her home... memories that I love even more. You can say about her whatever you want, but she was about the most outright and straight girl of our year.

Unfortunately I lost her after school... never heard of her again, she moved out and I don't know where she's now. Hey Coors, if you read this - I know you don't like it, but you were a sweetheart!

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted