Hillary, Hillary, Hillary... what you still doin' 'round girl?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by faceking, May 2, 2008.

1. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Why do I keep seeing this senator so much in the news... isn't she statistically eliminated?

If she would/could pull of the nomination (not sure how.. but...) wouldn't the moment on the GREATEST POLITICAL COMEBACK of all time that she'd be so unstoppable, that John McCain would drop on his knees to be her running mate....

I think she's got a trick up her sleeve, or pant suit.

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

you might be right

3. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm convinced she'll do well enough to justify staying in until the bitter end and spark a credentials fight at the convention. A split delegate vs. popular vote (including MI, FL, or whatever) result is her only hope. If nothing else she'll run out the clock, do as much damage as possible to Obama and the party, get McCain elected, and set her sights on 2012.

Unless of course she manages to win IN and NC on Tuesday... then Denver, we have a problem!

4. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    The superdelegates will NOT overturn the winner of the pledged delegates....you can take that to the bank

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I usually find this type of response contemptible...but here, I :yawn: wholeheartedly agree with you, MLB.

7. D_Tintagel_Demondong

A lawsuit?
    Secret superdelegates?
    Pimp out Chelsey (for real)?
    She'll cry real tears?

I don't think that she has a prayer at this point, but maybe she has a trump card. The mud-slinging hasn't officially started, but Billary, with her shady past involving murder and fraud, has far more to lose than Obama.

8. kurios

kurios Member

The arrogant self agrandizing cow is unfortunately not out of the race yet. She is in this for herself and doesn't give a damn what the division does to the party.
    She thought she was President before (when Bill was elected). Her track record is all in her mind. However, that said, given time, people are begining to question Obama's accomplishments so it will come down to one who doesn't say he has done a lot and one that thinks she has by osmosis and hasn't. Sad!

9. faceking

Albums:
    I just don't why/how the DNC lets this continue.... unless it's a strategy, which could prove successful. Course Howard Loony Dean is minding the helm.... so it could be ...

10. faceking

Albums:

Good to have you both absent actually....

11. RandyL

RandyL New Member

If Cunt Clinton gets elected, this country is FUCKED.

If Obama somehow becomes president, he'll eventually be shot.

And if Obama gets elected with Cunt Clinton as his VP, he'll DEFINITELY get shot so she can become president.

Watch and see.........

12. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    I...actually agree....with the first and last scenario...lol.

13. Stretch

Stretch New Member

Hillary, Hillary, Hillary... what you still doin' 'round girl?

Ironically FK...the same question can be asked of you, and RandyL...well your post is just the epitome of a well presented, logical, concise, constructive contribution to the advancement of human discourse. Well done...both of you

14. texas41-38

texas41-38 Member

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE CLINTONS. TO THE FAITHFUL HE IS DEMOCRATIC ROYALTY; McCAIN IS A ONE TRICK PONY THAT SHE WOULD CRUSH IN THE GENERAL ELECTION. OBAMA IS AN EMPTY SUIT (NOT THAT I WOULDNT HIT IT), BUT HE CAN ALSO BEAT McCAIN. I AM A CLINTON LACKEY FROM WAY BACK. THE LONGER SHE STAYS IN THE MORE LIKELY THAT SHE IS THE DEM NOMINEE AND THE NEXT PRESIDENT. WHEN COMPARED WITH THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION, SHE IS A MORTAL LOCK TO BE PRESIDENT.

15. Trinity

Trinity New Member

statistically eliminated from what? Overtaking Obama in pledged delegates? A slim lead in pledged delegates is not the criteria for the nomination. To secure the nomination a candidate must reach 2024 and Neither candidate can win the nomination without the superdelegates. Therefore she is not stastically out of the nomination.

No tricks...Sen. Hillary Clinton is just the better, more experienced candidate for President and she has alot more fight left in her...for this race, the general election and America.

There is no winner in the pledged delegates unless the candidate has secured 2024 pledged delegates. If superdelegates must decide between two candidates who are separated by less than 2% of the vote...they may take several factors into account. And nothing has been bankable in this race.

You just used that type of response when faced with factcheck.org's negative review of Obama's false claim not to accept money from oil company's and lobbyists. right here... You must not find it too contemptible.

You questioned...

I answered. Obama accepts oil money and lobbyist money according to Factcheck.org.

16. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Trinity, dual idents are not allowed here :wink:

17. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    No...that's definitely not Trinity. He/she said that they have no problem with Obama winning.

18. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
  19. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Sorry, it's not just a blog. Factcheck.org is a non-partisan consumer advocate for voters which is a project of the Annenburg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania. And my original post was from the Los Angeles Times article: Barack Obama Still Takes In Oil Money which quotes not only Factcheck.org but the well respected non-partisan source The Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign donations:

"From our perspective, if there is a distinction between oil company PACs and lobbyists, and their executives, it is a mighty fine line," said Sheila Krumholz, director of the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign donations. "They all represent the same interest -- oil." LA Times

I've already looked at the actual numbers...the numbers are quoted in the LA Times article and by Factcheck.org.

There is no significance in those two charts in relation to the fact that Obama has taken oil money from individuals. You should rather refer to the chart in the Factcheck.org article from the same source as the two charts you posted. Also refer to the LA Times article to fully understand that Obama indeed takes oil money...it's explained in explicit detail how Obama's claim "not to accept money from oil companies or lobbyists" amounts to false advertising.

20. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fucking moron.

Draft saved Draft deleted