Hillary Out of Touch

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by musclekid, Feb 24, 2008.

1. musclekid

musclekid Member

i saw this story on hillary "regretting her husband's remarks." [cnn blog]. she says that she "knows his heart". the thing that bugs me is, does she not realize that most people find that totally bogus? i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure it would be 'most'. didn't she claim that the entire Monica thing was completely made-up and "a vast right wing conspiracy". even now she has to make excuses for him after he went out to be her attack dog recently.

So, does she THINK she knows his heart but she just has 'the wool pulled over her eyes' or does she really know it, and she just 'regrets' his errors when they are discovered and revealed to everyone after she played a part in covering them up?

oh yeah, that pic with the article is so symbolic i think. above her head it looks like there is a flag torn to shreds, and on each one of her shoulders she is holding up a corporate logo! i can make out the mc donald's sign, can't make out the other. this could work for other people though, not just her. but it is sort of funny.

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    anyone else think she may be bi-polar?? She went from a lovely moment at the end of the last debate to going Nuclear on Obama yesterday....which one is the REAL HRC?

3. B_becominghorse

B_becominghorse New Member

I hope the going nuclear. This Bitch from Hell would know how to scare the shit out of the bum-raisers in Pakistan, instead of pretending you can take care of all of them at once, like Bush and Cheney did by going to wrong fool country. I want her to be goddam president.

4. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

I am not sure about bipolar, but heavily scripted would get my vote.

5. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    She's gotten somewhat manic depressive about the way's she has been carrying on. Certainly she has run her personality and whatever grace she had early on in the campaigns into a gasping neediness that makes her unpleasant to watch.

I used to think she had it in her. I'm not so sure now.

6. SteveHd

Gold Member

Aren't most politicians out-of-touch?

7. B_CBTallthetime

B_CBTallthetime New Member

She has been living in a weird state of mind for such a long time that everything is out of wack.

8. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    This pathological hatred of Hillary Clinton by some, in all its irrationality, hysteria, and complete disregard for the most evident, easily verifiable facts of her life and achievements, certainly goes a long way in casting light on an even greater mystery: the election of a George W. Bush and then his re-election.

Too many people (among those who at least exercise their immense prerogative to vote) simply are unable and/or unwilling to collect and analyze basic data about a candidate, their competitors, and the problems our nation faces and is likely to face in the future.

It's all about emotion, skin-deep "perception", illiterate "American Idol" fluff.

The Obamania is rooted in the same obsession with perceived "coolness" and "karma". The pathetic interview with Chris Matthews and that Texas official this week, who was an ardent supporter of Obama but couldn't name ONE of Obama's accomplishment(s), sadly illustrates the cult phenom.

Yes, Bill Clinton may have overreacted in SC. It was understandable at least. He and Hillary (who were certainly not born into money) fought all their lives for the underprivileged and to advance the cause of minorities. Bill had been referred to as "the first black president", after all.

Seeing that young-ish half-white senator seemingly take credit for the civil rights movement must have stung.

9. transformer_99

Gold Member

I love that. And it stands to reason that some interpret HRC as bi-polar, when in reality, she might be "soft on people, hard on the issues". You can pound on the people you are trying to inspire and lead and eventually they resent it, even rebel. Or you can be encouraging and empowering, yet firm on the end results of what the issues are. I think all these candidates are that to a large extent, but their persona's go a long way in shaping perceptions of them and in the end, what might be a very miniscule difference is perceived as miles apart.

10. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    8 months is a long time, ... eventually he's going to have answer a question with an actual concrete tactic...

11. BearGut340

BearGut340 New Member

I hate to say this, but as a Democrat who has loathed Dumb W for the past seven years and waiting for the day to vote him out of office......if Obama is the nominee, I just may stay home on election day.

12. simcha

Gold Member

Maybe if she cries on national television again she'll win in Texas and Ohio. Or maybe she's taking Annuale and it's her time of year.

13. midlifebear

Gold Member

That's sad to hear. You should always exercise your right to vote, even if there is no candidate you can support. Write in the name of someone you think would be worthy of the office.

I went the the polls with my squeeze last November here in Argentina. He did not vote for Christina Kirchner. However, he had several other strong candidates from other parties to choose from: not just two parties. So, when naysayers like to point out that Christina won with only 30% of the popular vote you have to take into account she was running against four other people.

But most intriguing is that my squeeze HAD to vote. It is illegal not to vote in Argentina. If you don't vote you end up having to pay a substantial fine that no Argentine can really afford at this particular point in their economic history. Of course, if you were in a car wreck, having surgery, or some other unforseen situation, you are not fined. But being in a rest home or hospital doesn't get you out of voting. They set the polling booths right there in the lobby of hospitals, all schools, and large public buildings. Imagine what it would be like if it were illegal not to vote in the USA. But of course, in the USA -- a true democracy -- one has the divine right not to vote. Dumb idea, if you ask me.

During the last presidential election I was on a plane from New York to SLC after having left Barcelona earlier the day before -- just so I could drive 4 hours to Elko County, Nevada and vote. (Our American Embassies no longer facilitate absentee ballots with our taxpayer funds. They are now mostly just fronts for espionage -- I'm not making this up.) Anyway, a nice conservative business guy was sitting next to me and we talked about the election. He had a connecting flight in Salt Lake City that would get him home late that night to Seattle. By the time he would make it home the polls would be closed and he wouldn't be able to vote. I didn't rail into him, but I did tell him that of all the people on that flight from NYC to SLC he seemed the most likely person who would vote that day. He admitted to feeling a bit ashamed. He had known for months that he would be away from home on election day, but had never bothered to apply for an absentee ballot.

We 'Mericuhns are a strange bunch. :confused:

Anyway, I'm amazed at the Hillary Hate. It is pathological. I'm certain if she were to win the Presidency she would have the White House up and running without missing a beat after immediately taking the oath of office. Obama has a certain boyish charm. He's intelligent. And I'm attracted to the idea of an African-American president. But despite Hillary's polarizing effect, I have no doubt she has bigger balls and is better prepared to be president. When (most likely) Obama wins, I hope the guy can quickly put together an efficient cabinet, swear in a slew of Federal Judgeships that have gone empty for 8 years and get things moving. If he drops the ball, we're screwed.

14. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think Hillary would have made a good president but it's not going to happen. If she would have been the nominee the Republicans would have been BRUTAL (and some of it probably would have backfired on them) - I think they were prepping for her and now Sen. Obama presents a bit of a mystery to them. I'm sure they'd dig up dirt on him -- it just not might matter...

15. transformer_99

Gold Member

If Obama's wiki has accurate information,

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he has ties to:

Tony Rezko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

16. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, although it only becomes obvious when one of them can't recall the price of a gallon of milk.

17. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    either way, I hold no trust in her if she gets elected. I've always had a bad feeling about her and everytime I hear something new the more turned off I am. She SCARES the crap out of me to be honest.

Sometimes, it looks like her emotional attempts are just faked and you can never really tell who she really is or when she will flip out next.

Of the dems, I want Obama on the ballot. I do not know yet who I will vote for yet but if Hillary is on the ballot, it sure as well won't be for her!

I sent off my change of address for my voter's registration today. So, I have it when the elections come around!

18. B_becominghorse

B_becominghorse New Member

I agree. And she's the one who got the money in New York, all $112 million of it, for treatment of the 9/11 site workers, with all their diseases and suffering. People don't even know about things like this a lot of the time, because it isn't 'sexy', in that stupid sense of the word. She's got the ability to WORK full-time, and doesn't want to do anything else. Obama charming a nation is not entirely surprising, though, and the worst thing is that it actually seems like a continuation of the same 'dream time' politics and government, the talk of 'change' from him rings false. I'm fucking praying for a miracle in Texas and Ohio, because he would go into office with the same lightweight approach (even if he does work hard, unlike Bush and Reagan) that have gotten him support. This is scandalous, really, because in some ways it makes McCain seem the better choice except for health care idiocies and redneckeries of the Republicans, who scare everybody away with talk of 'socialized medicine'. And Hillary would scare the bejesus out of the fucking Pakistani cave terrorists, and probably catch Bin Laden. It is an incredible, almost unbelievable disgrace that they have not caught him--and they could have if they had concentrated on Pakistan and not Iraq.

19. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    why are people so afraid of hillary you guys are pussys

20. musclekid

musclekid Member

i don't get this "terrorists in pakistan / iraq / afghanistan / etc. will fear hillary" theory. where is that coming from? someone explain a bit more cuz it's not working for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted