Hillary Out of Touch

musclekid

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
cause shes a cold bitch i guess

even if that's true -- and i'm not sure it is (and what does that mean exactly??) -- can that really be connected to foreign policy? and even if u could connect it, would the terrorists really care? or be afraid? after running a country where women seemed to have been treated like dirt, beaten in the streets, not allowed to go to school, and forced to cover themselves head to toe, i don't see the taleban being extra-intimidated by a western woman (no matter who she is).

I'm NOT saying that it would be better to elect a man because of that mindset. not at all. i'm just responding to this "hillary is cold so terrorists will be afraid" idea.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tina Fey for President.

Actually, what are the chances that we will someday see Oprah running against George Clooney?

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not afraid of Hillary. I just don't like her. I really disagree with her health plan.

I read it. It does force people to buy health insurance. Sure, there are provisions for government subsidies if you have a low enough income. But, I've seen this all too often. The bar is usually set so low that most working poor can't qualify for subsidies. So, guess what? You'd be penalized by getting a punative tax slapped on you if you couldn't afford health insurance.

Barack Obama's plan sets up a national plan that is paid for by payroll taxes. It will be for all those who cannot afford to be on any other plan, unemployed, homeless, etc. And employers will have a choice of buying into that plan or buying into the current plans they have available. People will be able to choose the kind of health insurance they want. And the premiums are paid for more equitably by EVERYONE, not just the working poor who are paying taxes.

Also, Hillary didn't really like NAFTA at the beginning but she sure voted in favor of strengthening NAFTA provisions.

Obama is actually for giving tax breaks to corporations that keep their jobs here in the USA. He will end tax breaks for corporations that send our jobs overseas.

So, no, I'm not afraid of her. I don't like her slimey campaign tactics, or those of her husband (Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend), and I don't like her platform.

I like where Obama is on the issues and I like his voting record. It's out there for all to see, contrary to the snipes levelled at Obama's campaign by the Clintons....

Honestly, that's where I am. I honestly believe that Obama's positions, propositions, platforms, and values will suit us better than Hillary's.

D

deleted213967

I'm not afraid of Hillary. I just don't like her. I really disagree with her health plan.

[...]

I like where Obama is on the issues and I like his voting record. It's out there for all to see, contrary to the snipes levelled at Obama's campaign by the Clintons....

Honestly, that's where I am. I honestly believe that Obama's positions, propositions, platforms, and values will suit us better than Hillary's.

Please.

First off, his voting record is feather-light: 3 years at the US Senate, conveniently commenced AFTER the war in Iraq had gone south, so he didn't have to make an official stand. Being a man and all, he didn't have to play butch to impress the red necks out there who still think a woman can't be Commander In Chief either.

The pair even agreed that their voting records and their stance on issues were strikingly similar, completely in line with the Democratic playbook.

What voting records are you referring to that so vastly differ from Hillary's or the run-of-the-mill Democratic tenets?

Technical differences on their health plans do not warrant such anti-Hillary hysteria. Of course she wants power, as Obama does. What else would REALLY give them the kind of energy 2 years of constant campaigning demand?

What I find confounding is that Obama, who is admittedly a liberal (nothing wrong with that), and who voted (as Hillary) with his own party during his short US Senate tenure poses as a healer who works across party lines.

Wait! Wouldn't that require a more INDEPENDENT, centrist platform, one that would be well to the right of his current positions? Duh!

I fail to see any evidence of his collaboration with the GOP on critical issues. I do see that he actually fillibustered the Roberts nomination, against all Republicans and against the vast majority of Democrats (including Hillary) who understood that Roberts would be the best compromise.

He actually pulled a fillibuster at the US Senate on the nomination of the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court. Isn't that a prime example of those sleazy old Washington tactics he so decries?

Remember Li'l Bush, The Uniter, The "Compassionate Conservative"? Do we deserve a Democratic version to balance things out?

namtra

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do not want to see her get elected. We have had two Bush's in office and now we want another Clinton. I have not liked her since Bill ran for office in 92. I do not believe that elections are completely about experience. What makes a succesful administration is the presidents advisors, and their willingness to cooperate with the congress, and the other political party. I believe this election is about a possibility of "change." Electing an individual that will not galvanize partisan politics as we have seen the last 8 years. I listen to Hillary, and she is does not speak about bringing the parties together for the good of the country, but Obama does. That is my what turns me toward him.

namtra

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do not want to see her get elected. We have had two Bush's in office and now we want another Clinton. I have not liked her since Bill ran for office in 92. I do not believe that elections are completely about experience. What makes a succesful administration is the presidents advisors, and their willingness to cooperate with the congress, and the other political party. I believe this election is about a possibility of "change." Electing an individual that will not galvanize partisan politics as we have seen the last 8 years. I listen to Hillary, and she is does not speak about bringing the parties together for the good of the country, but Obama does. That is my what turns me toward him.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes, although it only becomes obvious when one of them can't recall the price of a gallon of milk.
Uh oh ... I'm out of touch ... I don't know what a gallon of milk goes for these days. In my defense I'll say that I don't drink it because it doesn't agree with me. :redface:
Tina Fey said it all on SNL tonight. Catch it before they yank it. // "Bitch is the new Black!"
I loved that clip! If I had been drinking anything I could have easily ruined a keyboard. :biggrin:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm rather bothered by how polarized the Democrats are. Some would rather vote for McCain over Obama, others would rather vote for McCain over Clinton. Very strange.

I view all three present contenders as quality candidates. It's the best "field" we've had in many elections. I will be satisfied with any one of the three.

littledickboy111

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah! Hillary sucks!

She doesn't believe in change!

And change is good!

And I have hope!

And hope is good!

You should vote Obama if you believe in hope!

You should vote Obama if you want to change.... things.

Because the future is yet to come, and the past is yesterday and the present is here... and in the present we should all blindly elect Obama. Even though we don't know anything that he stands for. He stands for hope!

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
even if that's true -- and i'm not sure it is (and what does that mean exactly??) -- can that really be connected to foreign policy? and even if u could connect it, would the terrorists really care? or be afraid? after running a country where women seemed to have been treated like dirt, beaten in the streets, not allowed to go to school, and forced to cover themselves head to toe, i don't see the taleban being extra-intimidated by a western woman (no matter who she is).

I'm NOT saying that it would be better to elect a man because of that mindset. not at all. i'm just responding to this "hillary is cold so terrorists will be afraid" idea.

No, not so much cold, but definitely super-tough. Mainly she'd concentrate as best she could on the real terrorists, who are enjoying a real re-strengthening in the caves of Waziristan and adjacent Pakistan areas. It's true her Iraq War vote was cynically political, but neither were the Senators and Reps allowed to see all the intelligence the White House was aware of. That Obama voted against the Iraq War is hardly proof of anything--both Obama and Hillary have incorporated many of the best things of Edwards's health plan. Obama has also talked about concentrating on Pakistan more, which is better than the idiocy of Iraq at least. In this case, it's a matter of Republicans really have not proven by their 'particular toughness' that they know how to deal with the terrorists, because they have focusses on a country that had nothing to do with Al Qaeda before Iraq, and certainly was not involved with 9/11. But I can't see Obama as being tough, although I admit I can't prove it, and with advisers who were tough, maybe it could work. McCain definitely could be tough, but would he be smart? I think Hillary is the best because tough AND smart. She is not going to get sentimental about a bunch of bum-raising religious assholes in Pakistan. And she DOES know how to work, which is more than can be said for the current potentate fool.

MuscleBoundMan

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah! Hillary sucks!

And change is good!

And I have hope!

And hope is good!

Because the future is yet to come, and the past is yesterday and the present is here... and in the present we should all blindly elect Obama. Even though we don't know anything that he stands for. He stands for hope!

Sadly this about sums it up. Being an independent (libertarian - leaning) moderate, I really assumed that I would be voting Demo this time. I never liked W, but took him as the lesser of two evils TWICE. I would of voted for Hillary on the hope that Congress would never agree to her unaffordable health care plan which is once again summed up as asking us to believe we are going to get something for nothing. I certainly believe that a majority of Americans can figure out that we are vastly overspeding already. There's simply no room for these programs. Additionally are we suppose to be so stupid that we can't figure out that if Washington forces companies to pay even more of the cost of health care that they are going to take it out of everyone's paycheck? I think Hillary tried to run center in order not to have to eat her words next summer. Well, apparently the Demo's didn't get the memo...

I understand the appeal of Obama's Demo-lite plan. However most of it is can be summed up as "how do I spend all that money once the Bush tax cuts expire" plan. Maybe eliminate the 10 TRILLON deficit? Oh no, when there's all this money to spend?

I think McCain is too old and out of touch. I think most of the good ideas he has are Washington politics related. But he seems to be realistic about what can be resonably accomplished during the next presidential term.

Let's see, this time its the lesser of three evils....

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yeah! Hillary sucks!

And change is good!

And I have hope!

And hope is good!

Isn't that enough for you? :eek: :rolleyes: