Hillary Supporters Have Tougher Skin? YEAH RIGHT!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by playainda336, Mar 17, 2008.

1. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is not a thread to bash Hillary. Not my style...

I'm just looking around though.

Hillary supporters claim that they think Obama is alright and Hillary is just better.

Hillary supporters claim that Obama supporters hate Hillary and unreasonably so.

Hillary supporters claim that Obama supporters don't have tough enough skin.

All I have to say is any idiot can read one of the 100 (implied use of hyperbole) active Obama-bashing threads in this particular part of the forum alone and see that these conclusion are hideously false.

That is all.

2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Where are those tax returns you promised to show us, Hillary?

3. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Where's my tax return?

4. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

Not to thread highjack, but I was walking on campus today and saw a bumper sticker that said, "Obama '08- yes we can!"

I want one that says "McCain '08- no, you can't."

5. jack99821

jack99821 Member

Albums:
  6. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

No! please, more!

7. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

8. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Heheh...the outcome of this "experiment" is very interesting indeed.

9. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Perhaps sexism is even more prevalent than racism among fellows these days

10. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Perhaps valid opposing arguments are even more lacking among fellows these days.

What is sexist?

11. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    It just seems like a ton of people hate hillary, and I am not quite sure why, besides making your skin crawl when you see her face and all...

I feel like if she was a guy a lot less people would hate her.

12. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you blind? How do you see more people hating Hillary.

You must mean offline in your dwelling. But even then, I can't say the same for me.

If people on here hated Hillary, you'd probably see a lot more Hillary threads than there are Obama threads. I mean a new one pops up every other day talking about how some member hates Obama and thinks he has a "golden tongue" and is a "fad" because "Oprah likes him" and that "you should hate him as well" because "his mother's sister's cousin's uncle's brother's nephew hates White people".

It's all ludicrous.

By the way, your comment seems much more sexist than anything I've seen anyone else post.

"Her face makes my skin crawl"? WTF? That's not a reason to not vote for Hillary. To be honest, if she were a guy, she'd lead a different life and it's impossible to know who and where she'd be...especially since she'd never have the starting platform of being Bill Clinton's wife...and I mean that with total sincerity since that is how she originally came into the public spotlight.

13. transformer_99

Gold Member

I agree with your Hillary-bash, in the NH primary she stood on stage and told everyone of the change she embodies, that she could be the first female President. That was the opening salvo that I witnessed firsthand in the primaries. Shortly after that Obama became the black candidate and Edwards became just a white guy standing on the stage with his "dick" in his hand because he didn't have a gender or race card to play. He wasn't one of the "endangered species" with generations of angst to overcome over the last 200+/- years. But for HRC, she instigated it and later with Bill choreographed this in my opinion. Although they never came out and said it, it was steered towards the black candidate thing. It's been that way ever since in my opinion and it escalated, as one would naturally expect, even though it was subtly brought into the debate. I think Edwards was competitive enough to that stage and the way it played out afterwards, he probably could've remained more or less the same strength, but 3rd in that democratic race.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/05/us/politics/05text-ddebate.html?pagewanted=all

SEN. CLINTON: Thank you (so much ?). (Laughter.) I appreciate that.
    You know, I think this is one of the most serious decisions that the voters of New Hampshire have ever had to make. And I really believe that the most important question is, who is ready to be president on day one?
    You know, the problems waiting -- some of which we have talked about already -- are huge, and the stakes could not be higher.
    And you know, in 2000 we, unfortunately, ended up with a president who people said they wanted to have a beer with; who said he wanted to be a uniter, not a divider; who said that he had his intuition and he was going to, you know, really come into the White House and transform the country. And you know, at least I think there are the majority of Americans who think that was not the right choice.
    So I am offering 35 years of experience making change and the results to show for it. I, you know, respect and like both Senator Edwards and Senator Obama. But I think if you want to know what change each of us will bring about, look at what we've done. And there are a lot of differences that I think need to be aired for the voters of New Hampshire because I stand on my record of experience, and I appreciate Governor Richardson's long history of serving our country. But I think I am an agent of change. I embody change. I think having the first woman president is a huge change -- (applause) -- with consequences across our country and the world. And that on the specific issues that I have worked on for a lifetime and the plans I have put forth, I believe I am more prepared and ready to actually deliver change, and I think that ultimately is what Americans want to know and believe.

14. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't deny that it is all ludicrous. People don't like obama because he is black, and people don't like hillary because she is a woman. Because I can't really find any real reasons to hate either of them, but people on here speak with venom of her. Most people who speak low of obama here do so because they say all he does is talk etc etc. Nothing more than that. People here rip hillary.

15. JustAsking

Gold Member

Actually, I think this is true. By this generation, we have learned to be much more sensitive to racial issues than gender ones. So most of us see racism as much more abhorrent than sexism. Therefore, we are apt to be sexist without being aware of it.

16. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think quite the opposite. People speak venom on Obama.

People point out the facts on both candidates and quite frankly Hillary seems to have more personal flaws than Obama...and people fear Obama because of the lack of personal flaws (he has some, but not as many as Hillary).

The truth hurts and sometimes it makes it look worse than it is, but if people just accept the truth for what it is, things would be much better.

For example, when people talk about Hillary, they only talk about things that Hillary has done, Hillary has said, Hillary gets to own up for her own mistakes and such. However, when talking about Obama, he somehow gets judged by things his father (of whom did not raise him) did, his minister said, and other such. I think it presents quite the double standard.

Honestly, talk to Democrats. See how many Obama Democrats would support Hillary and likewise how many Hillary Democrats would support Obama. I think that would give you the true answer. Secondly, try to get those same people to give reasons for why they would vote for the other candidate. If they can't give you reasons why they'd support Obama if Hillary didn't win, then they simply hate Obama. If they can't give you reasons why they'd support Hillary is Obama didn't win, then they simply hate Hillary.

I don't think anybody rips Hillary. Most people just state the facts. From things that Hillary says and does. What makes it not fair is that people don't do the same for Obama.

17. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Watch this:

Hey HazelGod, I heard you ate Hillary's pussy. Did you 69 with her?

18. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    :rofl:

This is such unadultered bullshit coming from an unconditional Obama worshipper who has yet (despite my multiple requests) to outline 1 single flaw he personally sees in Obama.

I am a conditional Hillary supporter and have in various threads voiced reservations about her veering to populism (in a pathetic attempt to catch up with your Obama). I have also expressed admiration for specific Obama accomplishments (e.g. his effort to end drug sentencing injustice).

You have used every possible thread to vomit your irrational hatred of Hillary Clinton: facts? The fact of your dogma.

In another thread, you blurted out that you could never vote for Hillary because she favored the death penalty!

When did your leader pronounce his support for the total abolition of the death penalty?

Wait, that would be too politically courageous wouldn't it?

19. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

I totally agree.

20. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I used to really admire Hillary...but her conduct during this campaign, subtle race baiting, sorched earth, win at any cost atcions, lying etc. during this campaign have dulled her shine for me.

Plus from your profile skully I think I have 2 decades on you.......I don't want to go back to the Clinton years of VERY divisive partisan bickering...Living through it once was enough..In Obama I see a man who has the sliver of a chance to get past all thaT shit

Draft saved Draft deleted