Historic Day for Healthcare (??) -- the House Votes Tonight

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Defensive much?
Yeah, damn right I am. Defensive as a junkyard dog these days considering 50% of my retirement evaporated due in part to policies put forth by the same idiots who only want to spend more. I'm through with Democrats and Republicans when it comes to the spending. If we're expected to live within our means, so should they. Time to put the fucking shovel down already.

As to my own, personal health care improving under the different plans currently be debated in congress: no I don't think I'll see any improvement, because I'll probably be dead before they take effect.
And, if they have their way you'll start paying for benefits you may never realize as early as January, 2010. Therein lies the slight-of-hand with the numbers... start collecting money immediately, implement reforms in 2014. Just what we need is a little more Enron/Madoff-style accounting. How anyone can buy into this shit is beyond me.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah, damn right I am. Defensive as a junkyard dog these days considering 50% of my retirement evaporated due in part to policies put forth by the same idiots who only want to spend more. I'm through with Democrats and Republicans when it comes to the spending. If we're expected to live within our means, so should they. Time to put the fucking shovel down already.

And, if they have their way you'll start paying for benefits you may never realize as early as January, 2010. Therein lies the slight-of-hand with the numbers... start collecting money immediately, implement reforms in 2014. Just what we need is a little more Enron/Madoff-style accounting. How anyone can buy into this shit is beyond me.

Is it just the pinko prism I see everything through, or are you picking the two ultimate examples of laissez-faire, hands-off governance of our economy over the last several years as a good reason to not trust a more regulated economy?

Maybe you should just go Galt, pull everything out and hunker down on some Idaho hilltop.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And it has now made it to the floor of the senate, despite the GOP efforts to kill it. This is no guarantee it will succeed, but it does mean that real discussion can take place after Thanksgiving recess. What a concept! Real debate about a topic that affects the quality of our lives. All of this after the senate actually had to WORK on a saturday evening. Final vote 60 yes, 39 no, with one repugnantcan missing.