Historically Hung

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: A thought hit me today and this I guess id weird, but I wondered what kind of things would have been a problem for hung guys had there been an LPSG long before the Internet... like 100, 200 years ago? Weren't clothes custom-made? Were there size queens? Etc... anyone ever think of that?

2. jdoe86

Gold Member

Albums:
    It reminds me of something I saw on the history channel. They had a show on history of sex or something and they talked about how in the middle ages men would were "cod pieces" and how they were always making bigger and bigger ones to try to show off their manhood. Men have been thinking about the size of his cock since the caveman first showed it to the cave women to prove how virile he was.

3. Imported

Gold Member

aj2181: [quote author=geo8x6 link=board=meetgreet;num=1062222767;start=0#1 date=08/29/03 at 22:58:54] They had a show on history of sex or something and they talked about how in the middle ages men would were "cod pieces" and how they were always making bigger and bigger ones to try to show off their manhood.[/quote]

If you've ever seen a painting of King Henry VIII of England you can see he's got one of those on and it's sticking out for all to see.

4. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

Take a look at Charles V of Habsburg (King of Spain, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, etc, etc), especially his portrait by Titian (Tiziano Vercellio). You will see what you need to see: a big, obvious, exhibited bulge - maybe one of the last times cod piece was used in European male fashion.

One of the 19th century portraits of Joseph Riquet, Prince de Caraman de Chimay (3rd husband of Madame Tallien, famous for her French Revolution involvement) shows him in a very imperial position, but, umm, his manhood is so clearly depicted it can make you blush ! (The painting is not, though, public; it belongs to the Caraman de Chimay princely house, and it is displayed in the family residence, the castle of Chimay, province of Hainaut, Belgium.)

And so on. ;) « I'll be back » with some new infos.

5. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Funny, in the complete opposite direction, historians claim Napoleon had a 1 inch penis. Guess he had to compensate by trying to take over the world... :)

6. Imported

Gold Member

TragicWhiteKnight: I think a lot of the issues that make LPSG more than a place to brag would be absent:

a) How to please women issues would be pretty irrelevant in an oppressive society blaming female for the 'curse of Eve'. Sex was left for prostitutes and receptive wives.

b) No new-fangled terms like 'camel toe' to bandy about.

I'm sure the remaining topics could be discussed over a pint of mead.

7. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

Yes, it is true... in 1974, after an examination of Napoleon's corpse at Les Invalides, it was discovered this his penis was indeed only1 inch in flaccid state. Pheeew :( (Anyway, I always disliked Napoleon ::) ...a sort of sexy Hitler... :p ...)

8. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: [quote author=Raal Lexx link=board=meetgreet;num=1062222767;start=0#6 date=08/30/03 at 05:56:11]
    ...a sort of sexy Hitler...  :p ...)
    [/quote]

...sexy?...

Hm, i'm not sure if the comparison qualifies. I'm not upto speed on Napoleon's history, but he didn't quite do the same sick stuff Hitler is famous for did he? I mean, he just invaded countries cause he was an imperialist to the bone right? Hitler...in part wanting to conquer, had many other motives that make him the sickest dude ever.

9. Imported

Gold Member

Yowsers: its funny that in Western paintings and sculptures, most male nudes that i've seen tend to show quite small penises. A prime example is Michelangelo's David, an awesome sculpture, but the guy look's smaller than average.

However, in Indian (as in from India), lots of Hindu visual art is filled with purely big phallic imagery.

Things to make you go hummmmmm. . . . .

10. Imported

Gold Member

Donk: Prince Albert, husband of Queen Victoria, is said to have been one of the historically hung. Supposedly he used one of the rings that now bear his name to protect his Victorian modesty by tying his penis to his leg to keep it from flopping. Apparently Catherine the Great wasn't the only historical queen who appreciated having a horse in the bedroom!

11. Imported

Gold Member

bradleeM: This brings up an interesting point..........if he was that hung, he must have not passed those genes onto his male descendants. The Duke of Windsor was said to have a penis as small as Napoleon, and the current generation of princes are not known for their size in that area. Maybe Wm and Harry will change that if it is ever told how big they are.

12. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: Henry Miller wrote in one of his books (I forget which) that former French Prime Minister Georges Clemenceau had a penis so large he had to tie it to his leg. Henry didn't say whether it involved a P.A. or not. Of course, no one should ever take anything Henry Miller ever said too seriously

But I'd like to turn our attention back to codpieces, if I could. ("Oh, yes, Monstro, by all means, please.") I found this interesting article on the web:

http://www.r3.org/life/articles/codpiece.html

Evidently the codpiece began as an item of 'modesty' rather than vanity. Sometimes guys doublets would be so short that they would, well, 'let it all hang out' much earlier than it became fashionable to do so. So a bag ('cod' is slang for 'bag' or scrotum) pouch thingy was devised, to help stave off frostbite on some of those cold nights in the castle. Only later did guys think of 'enhancing' their codpiece to catch some fair damsel's (or valiant knight's) eye. In the 15th century, my ancestor, Monstroe wrote in Ye Olde Bigg Dicke Clubbe (a piece of parchment that was passed around for people to write messages on) "Why these varlets shall wish to lie about theyre size I shall never comprehend!" Of course, by the time the parchment was passed around and read by all the members, 40 years had passed and Monstroe sucuumbed to the virulent buboes that had been ailing him lately.

Anywhoo. . . here's a choice passage from that article I mentioned earlier:

"Legend has it that Edward III, king of England from 1327-1377, had the codpiece of his armor enlarged to astounding proportions because he had heard that strength and military prowess were correlated with a man's endowment. As he was in the midst of the Hundred Years' War with the French at the time, it would not be surprising that he would try to seek any possible advantage available to him. He then ordered that the nobility and knights do the same to their armor. The legend goes on to say that the gullible French (from the nobility all the way down to the peasantry) were scared to death by the advance of the "well-equipped" men. "

Sounds like British propaganda to me, though. Actually, some of the French soldiers would have rushed toward the English.

Make love, not war, baby!

13. Imported

Gold Member

Donk: That Edward III legend puts me in mind of a more recent legend/joke/story from the Cold War era that goes like this:

Soviet Premier [insert name here] sends a message to U.S. President [insert name here] requesting to purchase a large number of American-made condoms in a 12" length for the Soviet military. The President has the U.S. military ship the requested condoms to the Soviet Union . . . in crates stamped "Medium."

14. Max

Max New Member

[quote author=Donk link=board=meetgreet;num=1062222767;start=0#12 date=08/30/03 at 11:50:57]
    Soviet Premier [insert name here] sends a message to U.S. President [insert name here] requesting to purchase a large number of American-made condoms in a 12" length for the Soviet military. The President has the U.S. military ship the requested condoms to the Soviet Union . . . in crates stamped "Medium."[/quote]

Donk,

I think there are probably as many versions of that story as there are nation-states in the world ... one version of ours, inevitably, has the Germans at the other end of it, and the boxes labelled "small".

In this same general area. an inspection of Henry VIII's suit of armour, which I saw a few years ago I think on display at the Tower of London (as I took my then smallish daughter round it), would give all but the most generously endowed guys here pause for thought. I'm glad she didn't ask any questions.

It may of course have been "advertising" like Edward III, but tradition has it that he actually needed the extra space ;)

15. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

What does your Napoleon story say about George Junior's cock, gigantikok? Could it be that in spite of being a Texan, he had a one inch penis?

16. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Lol, I don't want to get into a political debate here, but I really don't think GW can be likened to Napoleon. I mean, he is more aggressive than some presidents, but he's not trying to take over the world!

17. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

time will tell

18. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: Haha Monstro.. so that's what LPSG was called back then? Wow it's older than I thought!

19. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

True, true, true, Donk ! Vicky [Victoria] loved - during her 20s & 30s - to spend the time in bed with her husband. NOW, due to you, I know why ! ;D

Catherine the Great had a maid of honour (Countess) whose job was to search for hung soldiers. It was Potemkin - himself hung like a bull (and next in the line after the Orloffs [gee, no wonder the horses were named after them ;D ] - the one who had the idea of such a Court dignity. A certain Vassillie... (-witch, -ewsky, it skips me), discovered by these means, managed to be her lover for more than 1 year (that was unusual). Read Henri Troyat's "Catherine the Great" - you'll find hot details in there.

Vous me le dites, Monstro ? ;D The way Philippe-le-Beau (King of France) rushed in Richard Coeur-de-Lion's arms, during a crusade, is notorious. Their soldiers were fighting against the Infidel and the Kings were getting laid in Sicily. France and England... umm, I think this was the most intimate anglo-french relationship ever. :p

20. Imported

Gold Member

Tullebukk3000: Fun subject! :) "The History of Penis Size"

I think I heard/read somewhere that in the ancient greek army, a big penis would get you a higher rank..

I also remember seeing a tv documentary about the famous english baroque composer Henry Purcell (1669-1696 or something like that) A professor were talking about Purcell's so-called "Rude Songs" and mentioning a passage that went as follows, "he pulled out his nine inches" and said there were no mistaking what it was about.. I don't think it was a big knife he pulled out :) And this from a composer who's highly regarded for his church music..

Draft saved Draft deleted