Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well since Naughty and I were on the phone discussing the "Arnold Palmer" last night, while I ordered one, I have to weigh in on this...

I had never heard it called anything but iced tea with lemonade until about 2 years ago when one of my friends from Washington, DC called it an Arnold Palmer. That's how I order it now and I hear many others call it the same name. Around here, if you order a "Half and Half" you get 1/2 sweet tea mixed with 1/2 unsweet tea. (That's right--it's not unsweetened, it is just "unsweet".)

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
This thread is bringing back the cook in me :smile:

Oh dear... I just got reminded of being made to eat spam as a child... :eek: I hated the stuff as much as the cod liver oil.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well since Naughty and I were on the phone discussing the "Arnold Palmer" last night, while I ordered one, I have to weigh in on this...

I had never heard it called anything but iced tea with lemonade until about 2 years ago when one of my friends from Washington, DC called it an Arnold Palmer. That's how I order it now and I hear many others call it the same name. Around here, if you order a "Half and Half" you get 1/2 sweet tea mixed with 1/2 unsweet tea. (That's right--it's not unsweetened, it is just "unsweet".)

Well, that is because you and your friends are wrong.:biggrin1:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Oh dear... I just got reminded of being made to eat spam as a child... :eek: I hated the stuff as much as the cod liver oil.

OMG I just flinched! That stuff should not be classified as any type of food. I think the feeling is universal or the online name for unwanted solicitation would not hit such a chord! :biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I saw a documentary a while back about Spam and how much the (fat) Hawaiians loved it. I went out and bought some and it was AWFUL.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OMG I just flinched! That stuff should not be classified as any type of food. I think the feeling is universal or the online name for unwanted solicitation would not hit such a chord! :biggrin1:

Hmm ... I'm afraid not, although in the last 20 years I've eaten it only once that I can recall, if memory serves I quite liked Spam seriously grilled (to expunge the fat) on toast, perhaps it's the fear factor.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

In my area if you order a half and half, they will ask you why you want to drink coffee creamer.:biggrin1:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

I dunno, naughty.
I despise Spam in principle, but my mother made a damn fine fried Spam sandwich.
Mind you, it was a bit like stone soup -- so many things added that the basic element was masked.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dunno, naughty.
I despise Spam in principle, but my mother made a damn fine fried Spam sandwich.
Mind you, it was a bit like stone soup -- so many things added that the basic element was masked.

There is NOTHING you can do to change my mind on this one. Im sorry Rubi! LOL! I stay of the edge of hurling just talking about it.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
There is NOTHING you can do to change my mind on this one. Im sorry Rubi! LOL! I stay of the edge of hurling just talking about it.

Okey-dokey.
As I said, I basically despise Spam myself, so you're talkin' to the converted.
When we were given Spam in childhood (apart from those fried Spam sandwiches, in which Spam was only the first ingredient), it felt like child abuse.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What about Spam's competitor, Treet. I've never eaten either and don't intend to.

I think I'll just drink an Arnold Palmer while you all fry up a mess of Spam. (gag!)

Sounds like golfer Jizz. :biggrin1: