Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I was a kid I was told that crab apples were poisonous. :biggrin1:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sweet potatoes are a new world species in the Morning Glory family, yams are from the tropics of the old world and are in the dioscouriacae family. The grocery stores confusingly call some varieties of sweet potato yams. They are not related.
Adding to the confusion is: Louisiana sweet potato growers who insist that a sweet potato grown within Louisiana can rightfully be called a "yam". They insist -- half-seriously, half-facetiously -- that any grown outside of Louisiana cannot be called a "yam".

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've also head that those little red wild berries are poisonous.

Coffee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had no idea coffee originated in Ethiopia, and spread to Turkey and Yemen, etc. I always thought it was 'discovered' in Brazil.

I didn't know about the potato origins either, thanks, naughty.

Anyway, Oysters Rockefeller originated at Antoine's, but I had their Oysters Colbert (that may be one of theirs too, I can't remember), which was pure heaven. Antoine's is my favourite of all restaurants, you can feel all the history back to the antebellum period.

Ahhh! Oysters Rockefeller! One of my favorite dishes. Often imitated, never duplicated. There's a very long story involved full of shady people, New Orleans, lawyers and courts, but I actually have the recipe for Oysters Rockefeller from Antoine's and make it on special occasions.

Scott14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I remember reading that spicy-hot foods became popular for two reasons:

One, it tended to keep meat from spoiling as fast (long before refrigeration), and

Two, if the meat did start to spoil (or WAS ALREADY spoiled), the spicy-hot taste made the taste of the rancid meat less noticeable!

...So think about THAT the next time you order "Suicide Wings"!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I remember reading that spicy-hot foods became popular for two reasons:

One, it tended to keep meat from spoiling as fast (long before refrigeration), and

Two, if the meat did start to spoil (or WAS ALREADY spoiled), the spicy-hot taste made the taste of the rancid meat less noticeable!

...So think about THAT the next time you order "Suicide Wings"!

What,that there may be truth in advertising? Caveat Emptor! LOL!