Hit a Wall.

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by The_Young_One, Jun 27, 2011.

1. The_Young_One

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hope this is a the right place to post this thread.

My problem is that just a Year ago I Was 280 pounds and very lazy and always tried. Today I'm 209 and Loving having all this energy and the occasionally wink from the ladies :biggrin1:. I mean I'm a big guy just becuz that my genes.

My Problem is now that I have lost all that weight and truly do love the way I look now. I cant help but notice I that I given up on getting to my ultimate goal of 10 - 7% body fat. I'm currently around 18 - 15%.

I still go to the gym , but it seems like im only maintaining the body I have now and not adding on.

Any advice from guys who had a similar problem?

2. erratic

Gold Member

What's your diet like? You can work out all you want, but if you're still ingesting an excess balance of sugar and refined carbs you'll have a hard time hitting your goal. I was actually just writing about it on another thread.

A friend of mine is an mma fighter and is constantly having to drop down to below 10% body fat when he weighs in. He insists that cutting out sugar (including pop, juice, and anything that contains sucrose/glucose/lactose/galactose/corn syrup/corn sugar) and refined carbs (white flour, pasta, etc.) is key. It makes sense as those products are converted very quickly to fat - faster than fat is converted to fat, actually.

Now, it's not necessarily healthy to drop that much body fat and keep it there. But if you're looking at going down from 15-ish %, you may want to reduce the amount of sugar and refined carbs (which are basically sugar) you consume.

3. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Erratic speaks the truth. I rarely consume the above items because of high blood sugar. You'll lose weight quickly if you avoid refined carbs. If you eat right and exercise and still are bulkier than you want to be, portion control is the next step. I'm working on that!

4. The_Young_One

Gold Member

Albums:
    well as for my Diet I dont Drink any pop. But I am I candy lover. I lift weights 3 - 4 times a week and ride my workout bike for 30 - 1 hour. I just want that Beach bod Lol. Thanks for the advice =)

5. erratic

Gold Member

No problem. You may want to reduce your candy intake. It would be cruel to cut it out entirely, especially because one indulgence every couple of days or so is good motivation.

Good on you for working out so much. It sounds like a great routine. Do remember, though, that weight training will not help you lose a lot of fat. It helps you keep healthy and gain muscle weight - both great things - but it's cardio, like biking, swimming, or running, that helps you lose fat.

6. cdog204

Gold Member

Albums:
    Congratulations on the weight loss. Great accomplishment.

The body is somewhat hardwired to stabilize itself. You may need to do more intense cardio for further weight loss and be more careful with your diet. At the very least try changing up what you're doing - ie try some Yoga in place of a bike.

7. seffnerman

seffnerman Member

Albums:
    ERRATIC is very right about the sweets man a body holds on sugar plus everyones body acts different to different foods and no booze of any kind a lot of people think what can one drink hurt

Draft saved Draft deleted