Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wtf Is Wrong With Those People? I mean they walked up and looked at him, walked by, or just stood there and did nothing..... Isn't there like a good sameritin law or something like that (or have I been watching too much Seinfeld lol) I wasn't raised in a big city, so I guess I have better sense than to stand by and gawk at someone who just got hit by a car????? I mean, within thirty seconds of seeing this happen, I would have been over there stabilizing his neck, and trying to assess his injuries and doing some emergency care. This vid makes me sad. On a side note.....the person hit.....are they ok?

Last edited:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no he's not ok. he is in critical condition and is paralyzed (to what extent is unknown though) and to make matters worse , the cocksucker that hit him will probably get away. i saw this on msnbc when i woke up

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
These kind of psychological phenomenon blow my mind. Does this only happen in America? Was he a clinton supporter in the land of obama, or vice versa?

No, I guess that he was being a George W. Bush in a "Mission Accomplished--Afghanistan is Iraq" sort of in the "Unacceptable to think"-ing kind of way.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
That is way to fucked up for words. I always stop at car accidents and such, even if I don't have a cell phone, just to make sure people are alert and okay.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
well God be with the poor old man. I'll keep him in my prayers. This truely breaks my heart. I just hope that if he's in too bad of a shape, that he'll go on and pass over...... I know it will be hard on his family....but he will be better off.

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My GOD... that's one of the most fucked up things I've seen in a long time... was that dude at around 1:15 or so taking a picture of the victim with his cell phone?? That's what it looked like to me, like he was holding his cell phone out in front him to take a picture. And the way people just went about their business - *'nother day, gotta get to work, time is money, can't stop and help this guy, got a board meeting, don't wanna get involved*... fucking pisses me off.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm surprised he's not dead. That looked bad.

Having said that, that is precisely the reason I cross at traffic lights or at traffic islands.

I live on a main road and see people walk out into the middle of the road and think its stupid/dangerous.

The driver should still have stopped though. Or at least you would expect someone to help him. Of all the hit and run cases I've heard of near me, a bystander always helps the victim.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You are not supposed to move an accident victim because you may paralyze them. If I were the first car to pass him I would have stopped and at least called for help or blocked traffic so no could run him over again by mistake.

The guy that hit him should have stopped because he would not have been guilty, the old man walks into the traffic.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't understand this behavior. I was in Queens, NYC once and a guy was driving erratically and swerving. After he crashed and hit something, guys ran over to his car and made him get out in order to keep someone from being hurt.

I don't get people who stand idly by while tragedies occur.

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You are not supposed to move an accident victim because you may paralyze them. If I were the first car to pass him I would have stopped and at least called for help or blocked traffic so no could run him over again by mistake.

The guy that hit him should have stopped because he would not have been guilty, the old man walks into the traffic.

Both cars went out of their lane to try and pass the slower moving minivan in front of them. In doing so, the first car looks like it may have clipped him and the second car smoked him. I don't really know much about traffic laws, but is that type of manouever legal?

The old man was obviously jay-walking, but he most likely only did so, because both cars probably didn't have their blinkers on to signal that they were going to be driving in the wrong lane.

edit: At least that's how it appears to me. They may have also been trying to park in the vacant spots, hit him, then decided to hightail it out of there.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This kind of stuff happens all the time. I can remember a few years ago a man got hit and killed by a car. Nothing special until you find out that one car hit him, and then a second car ran over his body, and kept going. And then a THIRD car ran over him. First car killed him and 2 cars just zoomed over him for good measure. Hit and run times 3. I can't remember if any of the people involved were ever caught. And this happened right near an major city intersection so it wasn't like it was on a pitchblack country road.

Kitty Genovese is a fascinating case. It happens all the time all over the world, I'm sure.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Both cars went out of their lane to try and pass the slower moving minivan in front of them. In doing so, the first car looks like it may have clipped him and the second car smoked him. I don't really know much about traffic laws, but is that type of manouever legal?

The old man was obviously jay-walking, but he most likely only did so, because both cars probably didn't have their blinkers on to signal that they were going to be driving in the wrong lane.

edit: At least that's how it appears to me. They may have also been trying to park in the vacant spots, hit him, then decided to hightail it out of there.

You are right I missed that.. They did cross over the double yellow lines.

The old man walked to the middle of the street waiting to cross. I hope they catch the bastard that hit him.

Last edited:

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the case of Kitty Genovese was largely embellishment. It's an urban half-myth that just gets a point across well in sociology and psych 101 so it is never debunked.