Hitchhiking

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by las000005, Mar 14, 2009.

1. las000005

las000005 New Member

Have you ever gone hitchhiking and do you have any horror stories about it?

2. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    No, I have been walking on the side of the road (where I live thats the only place to walk) and had a few people stop and offer me rides. Always say no thank you and grab my cell phone just in case.

3. B_FruitFly

B_FruitFly New Member

when i was younger me and some friends got high and went to antelope island in Utah (very secluded) The car that we where had broken down and we had to walk back to town, but got picked up by 2 rednecks in a truck, there where 3 of us, so 2 of us sat in the back of the truck and one guy sat in the cab between the two guys, a few minutes into the ride we realized we where just going farther away from the city lights, After about an hour of this they finally took us back to Hooper (a very small country town)
    Where the guy who had sat up front told us that they where talking about killing us out there. Probably just having fun, but goes to show you the kind of fun rednecks have. The place has so little that 2 guys can pretty much drive around aimlessly and drunk at the same time.

#3 B_FruitFly, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  4. Principessa

Gold Member

Not exactly. First off, I never set out to hitchhike. It was more a case of my car died and the gas station was a mile away so I just started walking in that direction. I'm not one of those people who sets out for Miani on foot with a backpack and a sign.:cool: :rolleyes:

No, fortunately I have no horror stories.

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

Son, you ended up in Hooper, the tomato capital of Ewetaw. You have no idea how much danger you were in. You may interpret the conversation in the front cab about how they might have killed all of you as a joke, but it would not have taken much to ignite their speculative humor into tragic action. It happens all of the time in the Land o' Zion. The history and tradition of hitchhikers being hijacked and left beaten or dead out on some remote country road, and their are are lots of country roads in that State of Sweet Spirits is tragic and real. At least in Nevada the Highway Patrol will arrest and put hitch hikers in jail overnight, primarily for their safety.

Warning! Will Robinson! Warning!

6. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    once in a truckstop,this cute girl in a minidress kept banging on my door,banging on my door,until I finally let her out.

7. sargon20

Gold Member

It was once very popular in the 60's/70's. But now with a billion cars on the planet. Not so much so. And that number is expected to double in 20 years. So soon we will have 2 billion cars. What a beautiful world it will be. What a glorious time to be free.

Draft saved Draft deleted