Hitting on a guy at the gym?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by HornyEssexBoi, Aug 11, 2010.

1. HornyEssexBoi

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey guys,

Firstly I would like to state that I'm looking for responses from other straight/mostly straight guys.
    I don't want gay guys replying just cause they wanna get off on the idea.

But basically today there was a guy at the gym who was pretty hot. Really good looking and a nice body. He sat behind me in Spin/Cycle/RPM/V-Cycle whatever you wanna call it. And I kept seeing him looking at me and smiling in the mirror.

Afterwards he went and did some situps and I went to the spa/sauna. About five mins after I get in there, he comes in and sits next to me.

Nothing was said between us at all, however he raised his eyebrows at me and smiled at me at the end of spin - not something a lot of guys do.

Anyway, after the Sauna when I'm all ready I get out and go to the showers and changing room.. When I'm in the shower he went and showered in the cubicle opposite me (out of about 14 which were all free at the time). I kept turning round trying to catch a glimpse but he didn't fully turn to face me - however he DEFINITELY did keep looking at me out of the corner of his eye - maybe because he saw i was looking, maybe because he was interested in looking at me.

We were both in the shower a good fifteen or twenty mins - I never shower that long there but I kept trying to have a good look at him and needed to hide my semi before i went back in to the locker rooms.

Anyway, i left the showers before him and went to get changed.. i saw a mate in the changing rooms and was talking to him while I was getting changed. As I sat down to put my socks and shoes on, I was facing the entrance/exit of the changing rooms and he walked out (first time I had seen him in the locker room - he was obviously on the other side) and before he walked out he looked about, saw me, smiled and left again..

Now he looks pretty straight, I'm pretty straight too, and don't wanna go round chatting up a random bloke who I may have just got the wrong impression from.

Any ideas or advice?? Would you suggest saying hey or saying anything else... ;)

Thanksss

#1 HornyEssexBoi, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not sure what "the wrong idea" might be, but in general, gyms should be places to work out, not cruise for ass even if it's done all the time. My housemate refuses to go to the closer and better-appointed location of the chain he goes to because it's too gay, too cruisy and too chatty to get any work done. And he's gay.

If you're looking for opinions/advice about how this seemingly-mutual attraction defines your sexuality, all I'll say is abandon labels and follow your instincts. Be true to yourself and not any preconceived notions about some possible consequences of certain behaviors not previously within your consideration.

3. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your opening paragraph is insulting really. You assume gay guys are waiting for a story like this. The upshot is you went to a gym and had yourself a little gay experience with someone that did the same thing. If that is what floats your boat fine but a straight guy does not do a shower show for another straight guy. I went to the gym today without incident in the shower believe it or not.

4. thk8plus4u

thk8plus4u Member

Totally offended by your first paragraph.

As if a gay guy couldn't give objective advice.

I didn't 'get off' on your story at all.

I would tell you how to handle the situation, but I'm too
    ticked off by your statement about 'gay guys'.

5. Lambycake

Lambycake New Member

If you want to know how to pick up another guy ask a gay guy. 100% straight guys dont hit on other men and this isnt an area of expertise for them. You may want to reapportion your gay/straight precentages if you get my drift.

6. MrToolhung

Gold Member

You said it! Totally agree with you.

7. alwayshornyatl

Albums:
    Why didn't you ask him to go get a cup of coffee? And let things go where they may.

8. alwayshornyatl

Albums:
    And,

ps - the anti-gay slur was very offensive.

9. maxcok

Gold Member

Ditto to ALL the above.

The condensed version:
    Sooo . . . let me get this 'straight'. You want to know how to hook up with this guy. Of course that wouldn't be gay or anything because "he looks pretty straight". Just like you.

Do I have that about right?

"I don't want gay guys replying just cause they wanna get off on the idea." -- OP

But it's okay for you to "get off on the idea" and even pop a semi, because after all, you're "100% straight".

:rolleyes:

#9 maxcok, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  10. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    I really don't have much to add, the above posters have put it quite succinctly, so instead I say

:gives2:

11. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Homophobia in repressed "100% straight" men is such an ugly thing.

12. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

What ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ said

BUT

What the hell does a straight guy look like????????????

13. user_05

user_05 New Member

Albums:
    The question is, do you want to hook-up with this guy or do you want to avoid him?

14. buzzrider7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Wow - this is the best thing I've seen all day! ;-)
    I love the part about seeking advice from straight guys about how to get it on with another dude. That's classic! :tongue22:

15. arthur

arthur New Member

Albums:
    Funny...didn't get off on your little story at all...it was another 100% gay work-a-day story about gay guys pulling at the gym...old as the hills darling... But no worries, I'm sure plenty of the other 100% straight men will all be able to give you excellent advice...

16. maxcok

Gold Member

I think what he means is 100% straight looking and 100% straight acting.

And now for tonight's musical selection. :biggrin2:

17. MrHangman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ouch, the replies are harsh. I think you should say 'hello.' You've made enough eye contact and winks and spent enough time together where that is ok. Get a feel for the guy when you have a conversation. God forbid he's a random bloke who gave you the wrong impression, maybe you can be friends. Otherwise just move on with your life.

#17 MrHangman, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  18. arthur

arthur New Member

Albums:
    Sorry but not harsh at all. I've said this before, you do have to do a little bit of thinking before you start tippy tappying away insulting a large part of the LPSG demographic.

...and by the way...genius editing on previous thread Maxcok...;-)

19. Viking_UK

Gold Member

Same as a gay guy, but less fabulous.

Corrected that for you. I'm sure it was just a typo.

20. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:
    F*&@# strange post from a 100% straight guy.....[The OP that is]
    "like he is kinda hot, he looks at me from the corner of his eye, he takes the shower opposite me, etc"
    Now I am a 90% straight guy[well you know I had to fill in the blanks] and even I would say the OP is looking for a hook-up. So as pointed out by various respondees, the 100% straight bit sounds a bit like too straight. Yet another one who thinks Denial is a river in Egypt.
    Notice he never reponded after the 1st post.

Draft saved Draft deleted