Hitting on a guy at the gym?

lpsg17

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey guys,

Firstly I would like to state that I'm looking for responses from other straight/mostly straight guys.
I don't want gay guys replying just cause they wanna get off on the idea.

But basically today there was a guy at the gym who was pretty hot. Really good looking and a nice body. He sat behind me in Spin/Cycle/RPM/V-Cycle whatever you wanna call it. And I kept seeing him looking at me and smiling in the mirror.

Afterwards he went and did some situps and I went to the spa/sauna. About five mins after I get in there, he comes in and sits next to me.

Nothing was said between us at all, however he raised his eyebrows at me and smiled at me at the end of spin - not something a lot of guys do.

Anyway, after the Sauna when I'm all ready I get out and go to the showers and changing room.. When I'm in the shower he went and showered in the cubicle opposite me (out of about 14 which were all free at the time). I kept turning round trying to catch a glimpse but he didn't fully turn to face me - however he DEFINITELY did keep looking at me out of the corner of his eye - maybe because he saw i was looking, maybe because he was interested in looking at me.

We were both in the shower a good fifteen or twenty mins - I never shower that long there but I kept trying to have a good look at him and needed to hide my semi before i went back in to the locker rooms.

Anyway, i left the showers before him and went to get changed.. i saw a mate in the changing rooms and was talking to him while I was getting changed. As I sat down to put my socks and shoes on, I was facing the entrance/exit of the changing rooms and he walked out (first time I had seen him in the locker room - he was obviously on the other side) and before he walked out he looked about, saw me, smiled and left again..

Now he looks pretty straight, I'm pretty straight too, and don't wanna go round chatting up a random bloke who I may have just got the wrong impression from.

Any ideas or advice?? Would you suggest saying hey or saying anything else... ;)

Thanksss

If you are paying that much attention to a guy at a gym i dont think you are 100% straight.
That's ok just be honest with yourself.

Aranzam

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well based on that whole story he definitely doesn't seem 100% straight, nor do you. Then again I doubt anyone here is 100% straight, and I've enver met anyone who's 100% straight.

Personally the best idea is to just start talking to him, I mean you don't have to approach him like "Hey dude! I saw you checking out my junk. Wanna come over to my place?" Just start a normal conversation sometime, it shouldn't be too hard and the guy seems like he's at least interested in you. If you're not interested then don't talk, if you are interested then go talk.

lpsg17

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well based on that whole story he definitely doesn't seem 100% straight, nor do you. Then again I doubt anyone here is 100% straight, and I've enver met anyone who's 100% straight.

Personally the best idea is to just start talking to him, I mean you don't have to approach him like "Hey dude! I saw you checking out my junk. Wanna come over to my place?" Just start a normal conversation sometime, it shouldn't be too hard and the guy seems like he's at least interested in you. If you're not interested then don't talk, if you are interested then go talk.

Only difference is i never claimed to be, but yeah, just strike up a conversation see where it goes.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'd add "masculine" to your list.

That's one of my housemate's favorite words. He uses it to describe himself, he uses it to describe certain colors (taupe is an especially "masculine" color, which he mispronounces as "top" with no irony whatsoever), certain styles of furniture, items of apparel, etc. The funniest thing is that he can't seem to say it without trailing that "s" just a hair too long, which sounds really, really nelly :rolleyes:

He's dumb as a box of hair.

guynmn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Not being 100% str8 I have no advice of my own to offer about how two str8 guys hook up. I can tell you about some of my 100% str8 friends and thier similar gym experiences.
#1: guy keeps Looking at him. I point it out because str8 boy was too busy watching boobs bounce to clue into dude checking his junk.
#2: str8 guy notices dude constantly looking at him and smiling after he follows str8 boy from station to station. Asks me if he looks OK cause "that guy" keeps looking at him. Concerned that guy is making fun of him, trying to be a dick and "might need to kick his ass if he has a problem...the dick". I explained "that guys" only problem is you're hot and he wants some.
I think I will stop with the two examples ... in my experience my 100% str8 friend Do Not pick up on being cruised and if they do it is not a sexual thing it is something else like making fun/laughing at them, being a dick or just plan odd. A dude checking them is no where on their radar even when it is painfully obvious to me.

D_Peanu Reeves

Just Browsing
Media
I kinda agree with what petergroot said. If you're noticing stuff like that makes me think.... hmmm. As far as working out, man, I go to the gym to work out. I rarely talk to anyone and I rarely even make eye contact with anyone I don't know. I think ya gotta either make a point of talking to the dude or just ignore him and he will probably ignore you too. Or go work out at a different time.

pleasureboy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok,

I don't think he was seeking advice from str8 guys and I also don't think he intended to be offensive. I think he meant that he didn't want negative feedback from str8 guys who think everyone is always out to sleep with them and would be completely 'fuck off' about the idea of him hitting on this guy. And I think the only thing he meant with the gay sentence was that he didn't JUST want a bunch of "Oh man that's a really hot story" responses which whether you personally would have given him, you can find on just about any other similar thread on here.

That said, to the OP: I don't know man. It sounds like the guy at least noticed you checking him out and wasn't exactly opposed to the attention. Now, how do you know if he was flirting back or inviting something more? I don't know. I have found myself in a similar position several times and I never have felt confident enough in how I was reading the person to do anything more than exchange a "hi".

I tend to be pretty oblivious to when someone is hitting on me, and even when I think they are, I honestly have no clue how to proceed with it usually.

B_muffhunter

Just Browsing
Media
id call myself st8 ish i would not have a clue what to do you may be better off asking some gay guys there may be some eticate involved

ps what gym was it lol

arthur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's one of my housemate's favorite words. He uses it to describe himself, he uses it to describe certain colors (taupe is an especially "masculine" color, which he mispronounces as "top" with no irony whatsoever), certain styles of furniture, items of apparel, etc. The funniest thing is that he can't seem to say it without trailing that "s" just a hair too long, which sounds really, really nelly :rolleyes:

He's dumb as a box of hair.

...You must tell your housemate 'taupe' is the gayest colour on the planet...it's kind of an 'ironic' shade of pink...basically it's a 'straight acting and appearing' fuscia...

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
As a straight guy, my advice is don't discredit the advice of gay men. If anyone knows how to hook up with another man, it would be them.

I'd type more, but this thread isn't worth the time.

arthur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, your gay card just got revoked. Taupe is not pink, it's brown.

Taupe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh Darling...no... we can dispute the validity of the colour taupe on another thread... but I doubt it should ever affect my gay card... I have far too many Bernadette Peters song selections on my iPod to ever question my membership...

'I'm just a Broadway baby.....' ;-)

haydonsw19

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had a very similar experience with to but let things move forward over a period of around three months. Was incredibly hot :) If you're both up for it i''m sure something will happen ;)

Part of the thrill for me was the setting i.e. at Fitness First near the office LOL No regrets,,, it was a lot of fun

madman411

Experimental Member
Media
HornyEssexBoi, the responses you have received are harsh (as was your comment towards the gay community... even though i do see where you could be coming from), however that shouldn't deter you from responding to the posters who have genuinely tried to answer your question. like other members have said, don't just go up to him and ask him if he wants to fuck, but rather say hello, ask his name, and just have a general chit-chat with him. it does seem he expressed an interest in you. most straight men don't check out or wink at other straight men. the good thing about online communities such as lpsg is that you can ignore posts and members. it's not like they're going to get up in your face...

i don't want to bash you on the comments that you made, but i am interested in hearing any about any possible outcome of the "situation" you seem to be in. let us know how things work out! :rolleyes:

D

deleted451626

y u all gettin offended? i totally understand wer he's coming from...he doesnt want dirty gym fantasies...he needs advice. and here's mine...go back to the gym again...if he treats u the same way then he may be into you. if he doesnt...he may just have been very horny the day he seen u...cuz ur a good looking bloke and he might be bi or something like that...but test the waters again and see what happens. akways remeber..."if it is to be it is up to me!"