Hitting the Cervix

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
I read the bmj and conference reports with great interest. The first thing i noticed was that it is " extremely difficult to investigate anatomical changes during the act of coitus ". The 2nd thing i noticed was the 75% lengthening of the vaginal walls during the missionary position. So does that mean the vagina increases its size during sex almost doubling in size ? What does a 75% lengthening of the vaginal walls mean ? I also notice using magnetic resonance that there isn't much pubic to pubic contact probably meaning there isn't full insertion. { an inch or 2 isn't used often or at all }

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@May 3 2005, 09:38 AM
Luke, absolutely no hard feelings. I have been bitchy as hell lately so I apologise if I came off too harsh. I frequently feel that I'm fighting an uphill battle trying to be understood, so maybe I don't explain things as clearly as like to I believe.

When it comes to sex, about the ONLY thing that brings me to full orgasm is cervical massage, which sux bigtime. I know this is an exception to the rule, but I DO exist and I know there must be at least a few women out there like me. To have someone post things implying that all women are one way or another drives me right into insanity, because I happen to not fit that mold. Things like "all women orgasm better from clitoral stimulation", "all women only have nerves in the first few inches of the vagina", assumptions that "all women who like big dicks are egomaniacs who don't care about men as people", well you get the picture. Sure, there's only a small handful of women on here (because MOST women DO fit the mold) and it's unlikely that many if any of them are like me, but geez it would be nice to not always be the freak. Then when it goes so far that someone posts a ridiculous story in opposition to medical facts, I see red because I damned sure as hell know where my cervix is and what it does. I wouldn't presume to "inform" men on how their penis works, because I don't have one!
[post=307410]Quoted post[/post]​
You have a thorough understand of yourself, Jana, and I love your willingness to explain that to others. It's so dangerous to generalize when considering people, because in so many cases there are exceptions. As for your being freakish, I feel the different is often the most awesome, especially where sex is concerned. I imagine you're anything but humdrum in the sack :excl:

Luke

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am only guessing here, no one has a "vagina cam" when they're having sex, but I would think it would explain the reason why a woman feels looser as you go along. In reality (I think) the vagina probably straightens out to some extent to allow for fuller insertion. Like everything, I would think that the length and degree of extension would vary from person to person, so while a diagram gives an idea of what is happening, I wouldn't use it for measurement purposes. I hope that's what you were looking for.

LongTimeComing

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks for responding. Let me apologize in advance if this post is kind of clinical... but I'm really curious about this stuff!

This is a link directly to the MRI image taken of people actually having sex inside the MRI scanner. http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/319/7225/1596/F3

The first picture is the "raw" MRI image, the second one has been overlayed with lines to more clearly show the various "parts."

Here is a link to a drawing of what has been assumed to be happening during sex. http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/319/7225/1596/F2

I'm really curious about how much the uterus really moves, and if that can be felt with deep thrusting. In the MRI, it seems that the penis pushes upwards in front of the cervix, pushing between the uterus and the bladder. The penis seems to move the internal organs around to an amazing degree! The bladder is squashed and the uterus is spun around by more than 90 degrees so the cervix is actually touching the underside of the glans.

In the drawing that shows an assumption of what happens, the penis is shown pushing past the cervix, pushing straight back towards the spine and kind of pulling the cervix along with it. There is much less effect on the position of the uterus, although it is shown as being flattened out against the bladder somewhat.

I'm amazed at how much the uterus apparently moves, and I'm very curious if you can feel your internal organs being pushed around that much during sex, especially if its fast thrusting with a big (or long) cock.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I MUST re-emphasise that this is one picture of one couple and what the combintation of THEIR body parts are doing.

The vagina does extend past the cervix, especially during arousal. I have read that the average woman goes from about 3 to 4 inches unaroused to about 5 to 6.5 inches fully aroused. I have no specific data on this and am quoting from memory, nor do I think much verifiable data even exists! Yes, there are certainly women who can take 12'' dildoes, and I do wonder how much stretching has occured for that to happen.

I can speak best from my own experience. I can personally feel the movement of my internal organs during intercourse, but that was not always the case. I think it was a matter of paying attention to it and feeling more comfortable with myself sexually. Also, during a period of extended celibacy, I masturbated a lot more, and you just get to know your body better that way, as most men already know. It was during this time that I discovered ejaculating orgasms from extended contact with the cervix. I don't know if more women could do this is they experimented with it, I can tell you it was far from comfortable when I originally did it. There's a feeling of oversensitivity that we can easily associate with "pain", and our natural reaction is to recoil from pain. I actually had to push myself mid-orgasm to continue thrusting, and I did find that a pocket opened deeper to allow for more penetration. Of course, I have no scientific data, but neither does anyone else. I surfed the web in earnest looking for something wriiten by a credible scientist and found nothing but a lot of either flat out salesmen, or just other people like me who were stating their own experience. The few pseudo-science sites I found did not have any ring of truth to them at all. In short, I don't believe any credible research has been done, the best we have at the current time is just the combination of people's different experiences.

Male orgasm, being external, is easier to see and quantify, not to mention that most scientists have traditionally been men. Female orgasm is a topic many men shrink from, so I don't think an avalanche of information is heading down the highway.

LongTimeComing

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks again. I fully agree with you about recognizing that everyone is different. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell that MRI picture is the ONLY picture of what is actually going on during intercourse. I have no idea if it shows something commonplace or totally unique. The thing that strikes me about it though is that the MRI doesn't show the penis stretching out the vagina past the cervix, rather it shows the penis stretching the vagina up into the abdomen at a point BEFORE the cervix, well before the "end" of the vagina. It seems totally counterintuitive and contrary to anything I've ever read about deep sex. It is also totally different from the drawing of the assumptions about what happens during sex. I also have no idea if the guy in the picture is particularly well endowed. I'm amazed that the internal parts can get so displaced, apparantly without pain (the paper says the participants rated the sexual experience as about average, or some such words).

One other thing... This male doesn't shrink from female orgasms, quite the opposite, in fact! I think I need to go do some "research" in the "lab" now....

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
I never thought about the length of a vagina so i went to www.netdoctor.co.uk { not the whole title for this page } and there are many other websites. Dr. David Delvin GP and family planning confirmed that the length of a vagina by a childless woman is 3" while 4" for one that has given birth. He also wrote " the vagina is so cunningly designed that it will acommodate itself to any length of penis ". That a " vagina will quite happily { i don't know about that } lengthen by 175 percent or even 200 percent to accomodate him ". The bmj pointed out there is no full insertion by the male hence 1 or 2 inches is unused though measured. I don't know what other physicians have to say about the matter. {except for a 1955 medical book that said the same thing }

summertime01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This woman's uterus is retroflexed meaning that it lies w/ the top (called the fundus) angled back towards the spine. Some women have retroflexed, some have an anteflexed (the fundus angled towards the bladder), and some have what is more common and is called military position ( the fundus angled more up towards the top Like the one in the drawing of your second link). It's just something unique in every woman, so one cannot go by this woman's uterine position.

LongTimeComing

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by summertime@May 7 2005, 09:58 PM
This woman's uterus is retroflexed meaning that it lies w/ the top (called the fundus) angled back towards the spine. Some women have retroflexed, some have an anteflexed (the fundus angled towards the bladder), and some have what is more common and is called military position ( the fundus angled more up towards the top Like the one in the drawing of your second link). It's just something unique in every woman, so one cannot go by this woman's uterine position.
[post=309085]Quoted post[/post]​
Ah, well that certainly explains things. It just didn't seem right that the uterus would be practically flipping over with every thrust! Thank you.

B_aNMpumpCOACH

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hunghugeintx said:
I couldn't help responding to our recent "anatomy" lesson.

The notion that you can't hit, and therefore can't bruise the cervix, is ridiculous. Also, there is no net of cartilage holding up anyone's intestines! Another absurd statement. The intestines are both supported physically, and supplied with blood, with a structure called the mesentery. Arteries and veins run through it. For example, the initial portion of the small intestine is supplied by the superior mesenteric artery. There is NO CARTILAGE in these mesenteries! (Just as there is no skin in the mouth). I don't have time to completely pick apart the "lesson," but nobody should view it as anything more than entertainment.
tell it brudda

Expando1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hitting the cervix is one of those things that will just make me wilder; i don't know why but it's an overriding drive with flaring nostrils and tensed muscles when that happens. Once i've hit it I just want to keep on with that deep penetration. It's an interesting sensation feeling it roll over the head of my cock. I haven't figured out if this is psychological or something more.

Reactions: Milkdudd

RLSteve

Experimental Member
Media
There is one doctor named Dr. Lin who has a website called www.actionlove.com. He hast HUNDREDS of articles.

But he claims that in the anterior fornix (the pocket between the cervix and the bladder), there is a spot called the Epicenter which is the female equivalent of the male prostate.

This is a possible explanation as to why some females are able to orgasm by bottoming out.

So, I guess the thing is, if you hit the cervix, you can hurt the woman, but if you aim right and hit the Epicenter, that really gets her going.

Contonilia

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I believe I have shared the same experience and Gorgeous Jane. When my bf(ex)came on shore leave from the rigs,we couldn`t wait to get it off and in the heat he wasn`t gentle(understandably so)I wanted him so bad,I just opened up and let him in could`nt tell the pain from the pleasure except that he triggered my mestrual cycle after nudging my womb repeatedly.But that was my fault for letting him in so deep.

Contonilia

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I believe I have shared as similar experience with GorgeousJane. When my bf(now ex)came home on shore leave,we couldn`t wait to get it off,in the heat I just opened up and let him in( him being just about 10 x6),I couldn`t tell the pain from the pleasure just that it triggered my menstrual cycle,leaving an after feel of having had an abortion.Since then I found it best not to take first penetration on my back with my legs fully up no matter how much I wanted to please.

Nickm4m18

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My ex girlfriend really enjoyed it when I hit her cervix. The one time we actually had to stop because she literally had too many orgasms. I've never laughed so hard... I still don't get how you can have too many orgasms.

Bavarian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
madame_zora said:
I'm a big fan of it myself, but it was not always so. I think the key is that initially rubbing is better than "hitting" it. It's a new feeling that can be painful if it's too abrupt, but I believe that if approached with care it can bring a woman to extremely intense orgasms. If they haven't experieced it yet, they might not know the benefits of the payoff!
It's ladies like you that make guys like me wish for enormous rods. I've experimented with enlargement methods, but never saw much responce, and once I discovered that the goal I had to go from 6" to 18-24" was impossible, I decided to simply enjoy what I have, and to indulge in my fantasy on the MUDs/MUCKs/etc that catered to extreme unreality.

Out of respect for those here who are truly 'gifted,' I make no false claims of size on this board, but sit quietly, dispensing a bit of my 'book smarts' when I feel it appropriate.