HIV/AIDS

ORCABOMBER: So, to summarise, okay, I follow you along the idea of AIDS not being spread by a virus and being the cause of the drugs, but then are you worried about catching HIV or do you just treat it "like the cold, it'll go away"?

Javierdude22: [quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=health;num=1035878542;start=0#2 date=12/16/02 at 17:20:09]Thankfully I have done low-risk behaviors -- risk nonetheless, but nothing like barebacking or swallowing semen, etc. -- and I feel pretty safe in my status.  I won't lie.  I bet I'm not the only guy out there who's scared of getting tested; it's a necessity, yes, but it's still a scary thought.  I know people can be rather foolish and risky, thinking that everything will magically work out fine and there's nothing to fear.  But I know better.  And still, I'm quite the scared guy inside...

I hope I see the day when the epidemic is successfully tackled.  Right now, it's just slightly contained.

[/quote]

I just started reading this topic, and totally feel the same way...

I am bisexual...struggling like hell with it...have only had sex w 2 guys and a few girls. With all i did it safe except the 2nd guy...cause well...we kept on dating, so after a while no raincoat. Im still dating him and things are great....but in these past months ive been scared like hell for any kinda disease, cause ive always had this thing in my head where i thought youd catch it instantly.

Of course its not like that, and i feel pretty safe with the whole situation now, especially since ive only had sex without protection with one person. He was tested just be4 i met him, so that was cool.

Still i feel i should get tested as well, just cause ya never know. And given my history in the number of people ive slept with the chences of me having something would probably be very slim (see how im trying to upease myself...geez....) anyway....but still....i wont go.....scared shitless

In the meantime i just hope the train will have passed me by i guess....

J

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
javier..

dude, i engage in very low-risk sex with wimmen, and i get an hiv test every month.

i grew up outside nyc in the 1990's and i started getting tested in high school...did i need to? nah, but it was cool to do what da older bros did and to say that i was hiv-. by the time, i really got active sexually; everyone in the city would tell you that they were hiv -/+ before they told you their name. this was useful info because it increased the chance you might score.

hiv tests are for everyone.

jay

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, etheros, there's a trick to "alternative AIDS theories". You see, if these theories of it being made in a lab were true, then we'd likely see a lot more HIV cases on Indian reservations. (You know, where they generally test any new military technology? In fact, NATO uses the Cree reserve as a bombing range.) Yet the rate of AIDS for Indians is .1% for men, .02% for women, far less than the national average of .2% for men, .1% for women. (Source: AVERT) Why? Because 1) we practice an isolation ethic, 2) we don't practice circumcision, and 3) we have taboos against the more unsafe sexual practices (sex while menstruating, infected with something, etc.)

[quote author=etheros link=board=health;num=1035878542;start=12#19 date=01/09/03 at 10:27:25]*********************************************
Add iodine to india's water supply if there is an insuficency.
But that has nothing to do with my last posting full stop.
"Meantime, people continue to suffer those enormous deformities. "

Yes ! and if your interested in stopping those deformoties with relation to AIDS deaths then you better wise up to the suppressed  true reality of the situation .

As I say read before you comment .

Dissendents include Nobel prize winning scientist Peter Duesburg and some of the scientists who where the first to claim that HIV was the cause of AIDS and who have since changed there minds and become dissendents.

Maybe ?just go a long with the silent conspiracy of being afraid to challenge what seems lack fact courtsey of glaxo welcomes and others companies propoganda and scientific hijacking of the issue.

I urge everyone to visit the sites virus myth first and take the "tour " which gives the background to the counter HIV dissendent argument.

Good Grief indeed ????

Thats all I have to say, read, learn, educate and enlighten, agree or disagree it's an individual thing .

Ones things for certain I myself as an individual will never take part in any of the false and inaccurate unscientific HIV testing or any future proposed vaccination policies.

*********************************************[/quote]

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since the 30th anniversary of World AIDS Day just passed, I urge everyone to learn their status and then take appropriate action with the results.

If you are negative, stay negative. If you are positive, get into treatment and stay there . The average 20 year old who gets infected today will live into their seventies, if they stay in care and are adherent to their drug regimen.

Just a message from a long time HIV advocate and HIV test counselor. Play safe, get on PrEP if appropriate.

Inkd

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since the 30th anniversary of World AIDS Day just passed, I urge everyone to learn their status and then take appropriate action with the results.

If you are negative, stay negative. If you are positive, get into treatment and stay there . The average 20 year old who gets infected today will live into their seventies, if they stay in care and are adherent to their drug regimen.

Just a message from a long time HIV advocate and HIV test counselor. Play safe, get on PrEP if appropriate.
Preach!!!! :)))

Reactions: ohiorod

RobertFreud

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Strategies to reduce the risk of HIV infection include not having sex, limiting your number of sexual partners, never sharing needles, and using condoms the right way every time you have sex. People who are at high risk may take HIV prevention medicines.

Reactions: Gj816