HIV and circumcision

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by philsmith, Jul 20, 2009.

1. philsmith

philsmith New Member

I don't post much, but reading the NY Times this morning made me think of the fellas on LPSG.

Have you ever heard this?

And later on...
    The whole article is here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/20/world/africa/20circumcision.html?ref=health

2. B_Captain_Awesome

B_Captain_Awesome New Member

here we fucking go again

3. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

If your lovers think you are cleaner and more exciting in bed, it only shows how vacuous they are. Flee!!

4. Christiaan

Christiaan New Member

If circumcision is so effective in fighting AIDS, why is the HIV rate so high in the US where circumcision is common and so low in the EU where it is rare. I much rathwe think it's because we teach sex ed in schools and stress safe sex instead of the lunatic religious right fighting sex ed like they do in the US.

There are also reports coming from Africa that the studies used in the furtherence of this idea is rubbish. It is having the effect of making circumcised men think they can't get AIDS.

What utter bull shit. Let's yank out teeth and cure tooth decay, remove female breast buds and cure breast cancer, etc.

Or best yet, find a cure for the disease instead of cutting off body parts as an excuse for a cure that doesn't work and actually promotes the idea unprotected sex is OK because you're cut.

5. B_ballablang

B_ballablang New Member

same old same old just wash well if you got foreskin thats all

6. B_HeartsAfire

B_HeartsAfire New Member

Condoms work better than cutting off part of your penis in the hope that you somehow will not get HIV or the hope that your chances will be lowered to the point where it is not an issue to you.

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

People seem to be forgetting that the study suggests circumcision as a measure to reduce, not ELIMINATE the risk of getting HIV. Whether or not you want to believe that is your choice.

Christiaan: Let's get real... I don't think there's a doctor or a reasonable soul out there who is suggesting that all you need to do is get a circumcision and you can unprotected sex without fear of getting a disease. If not out there in our vast world, at least on this very board. So let's get rid of that argument right now. However, if there's medical evidence to support that circumcision does help reduce the risk, then why should you or anyone else be opposed to someone doing it?

herkimer snow: God forbid someone actually prefers a dick that doesn't look like yours. That doesn't make them anymore vacuous than yourself. And unless you have the videos to show off your particular techniques along with an extensive resumé of satisfied customers, don't even try to comment on the sexual performance of others based on the lack of foreskin. Talk about self absorbed! :rolleyes:

8. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

VinylBoy missed the point entirely. When a girl asks, demands, or even suggests that sex would be a lot better if her man would get circumcised, it's not about preference. It's about control. If he goes ahead with the surgery he has no guarantee that sex will be better for either of them or that she will even care about him any more. Maybe he'll like his new cock, maybe he won't. One thing is certain, he'd better not suggest to her that sex with her would be better if she pumped up her chest with implants. If it would be her idea, okay. But not if it's his. That's my take on the "preference" thing.
    My observation over a long life is that most women need to control men. Most American women (part of the circumcising tribe) have no experience with foreskins and think the normal thing is have them cut off. A foreskin, which is the natural part of a male, gets the "Ewwww" reaction. "I wouldn't have sex with anyone who is not cut!" I find that kind of thinking very offensive, not because of the circumcision (an adult male can do whatever he wants to his cock) but because of that kind of brainless reaction. That's vacuity, and when it comes to foreskins too many American women fit the description.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Bullshit. That is, unless, you assume that it isn't possible that a person can prefer a cut penis in the same fashion as someone else prefers an uncut one?

Well, I agree that nobody should be getting a circumcision just so they can get laid. However, not every person who says what they prefer isn't doing it just our of power & manipulation.

That's such a sad excuse. Some men want to control women just as equally. Or have you ever watched an episode of Divorce Court? :rolleyes:

Bullshit again. There are PLENTY of men in America that have foreskin. Just because a medical procedure is popular in one country than another doesn't mean that everyone is subjected to it.

Only from people who don't like them. And that's true regardless of what country you live in.

Well I guess you'll just have to stick to your own country and fuck all the broads there, now won't ya? I'm sure there's plenty of straight men around the world who are so disappointed on your decision. Equating an entire nation of women just on the extreme actions of a few. And you have a nerve to call American women vacuous? :rolleyes:

10. D_Myer_Dogasflees

D_Myer_Dogasflees New Member

11. tiahuaca

tiahuaca New Member

If 100% of American are circumcised ...I bet that HIV rate of USA would be more lower than European.
    And I think that most of American guys with HIV are uncuts.

12. Harrylondon01

Harrylondon01 Active Member

Albums:

Idiot...

13. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

14. LizardLeatherBoots

LizardLeatherBoots New Member

Circumcision is not some magic cure all so you will not get HIV/AIDS. I know a lot of men who have HIV/AIDS and they are from America and they are ALL cut. I am Poz and I am cut.

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Sorry dude... there's just no scientific evidence to support that. At all. Besides, not every man in America is circumcised. My first BF of 3+ years was uncut and awesome in bed.

16. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

I am sorry to say that someone has been badly misinformed. Or some individual here is a member of the maniacal moviement to take an ax to foreskins worldwide.

I am 56 years old. Most of the men in my age group grew up at a time when circumcision was done without even parental permission.

Most of my contemporaries now dead from HIV complications were circumcised. Most older men in my age group now fighting HIV are circumcised.

There is zero coralation between circumcision and HIV transmission.

Circumcision remains neither an advantage or disadvantage. . . . .

17. Nukulur

Nukulur New Member

You say that "most of [your] contemporaries [who are] now dead from HIV complications were circumcised". Am I correct to assume that you, or at least your friends who've passed away from the illness, are/were gay? The reason I bring this up: Gay men who receive unprotected anal sex get the virus sent directly into their colon, so whether or not they're circumcised is going to be an entirely moot point and has no place in this discussion.

Don't get me wrong: I acknowledge and am saddened by their loss, but promiscuous behavior is promiscuous behavior. STDs can enter the body through the mouth, the anus and the vagina, too.

#17 Nukulur, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted