HIV+/HIV- relationship

From a public health standpoint, those who are HIV+ who have unsafe sex with anyone, even those who are also HIV+, put EVERYONE at risk. The recent studies associated with development of a vaccine have shown that re-exposure to different strains and mutations of HIV are creating a nightmare for them. So long as there is the risk of exposure to mutations, the likelihood of an anti-HIV vaccine being produced is near zero. It won't be long before people who have unsafe sex and are knowingly HIV+ are treated as the criminals they should be for preventing a possible cure, treatment, and/or vaccine.

my man sorry to hear it, but the avg life expectancy of a person with H.I.V is 18 years, not gonna say its a fact, but there is a treatment cure for aids, and even if you're not a senator or a pro ball player, you CAN manage to SURVIVE on inhibitors and suppressors but even then, the side effects.... and sooner or later my man.... sorry IT'S GOING TO KILL YOU! you can honestly rule out old age.

i'm not saying all people that are posative should be killed or quarenteened , allthough they did it for polio, typhoid, tb and afew others you don't ever see any more, but my point is, love him if you love him..... don't go play russian roulette

Nah, he's already an old man in gay years. He's somewhere between 40 and death. Close to the grave, in fact, with or without HIV as his mantra.

Stronzo doesn't need a fake account. His ban was lifted or haven't you people noticed?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nah, he's already an old man in gay years. He's somewhere between 40 and death. Close to the grave, in fact, with or without HIV as his mantra.

The reports of my downward spiral are greatly exaggerated, Clyde.

You've been banned here before but you keep coming back like a shitty burned red sauce in a cheap Italian restaurant.

Have fun in oblivion.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
my man sorry to hear it, but the avg life expectancy of a person with H.I.V is 18 years, not gonna say its a fact, but there is a treatment cure for aids, and even if you're not a senator or a pro ball player, you CAN manage to SURVIVE on inhibitors and suppressors but even then, the side effects.... and sooner or later my man.... sorry IT'S GOING TO KILL YOU! you can honestly rule out old age.

i'm not saying all people that are posative should be killed or quarenteened , allthough they did it for polio, typhoid, tb and afew others you don't ever see any more, but my point is, love him if you love him..... don't go play russian roulette

You're a fountain of misinformation and ignorance.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
From a public health standpoint, those who are HIV+ who have unsafe sex with anyone, even those who are also HIV+, put EVERYONE at risk. The recent studies associated with development of a vaccine have shown that re-exposure to different strains and mutations of HIV are creating a nightmare for them. So long as there is the risk of exposure to mutations, the likelihood of an anti-HIV vaccine being produced is near zero. It won't be long before people who have unsafe sex and are knowingly HIV+ are treated as the criminals they should be for preventing a possible cure, treatment, and/or vaccine.

Absolute fucking rubbish. The virus mutates. Period. Your addled mind may be confusing this with the issue of a person aquiring a strain which is already drug-resistant to some anti-retroviral treatments.

From a public health standpoint, it's the virus which needs to be combatted, not the people infected with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: headbang8

BJ89

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
scary for me. im young, neg and naive. im just lucky i have contacts. always know whos who and whos got what or whos with who. weird thing is my best friend at the time wanted to get hiv. he was into all the sleaze and stuff etc. etc. stopped having sex with him after he told me that lol

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Anyone wishing to or determined to enter into a relationship with someone of a different HIV status obviously should evaluate the totality of the situation according to their own set of circumstances and attitudes. Just because a difference exists does not mean that you have to jettison any possibility of a relationship; even an exclusive, long-term relationship, if you educate yourselves about practices and treatments. There is no absolute right or wrong answer to this question. The only absolute is to not let ignorance or irrational fear dictate a relationship decision.

I have known literally dozens of HIV-discordant couples, and within my particular set of acquaintances there has not been a single case of a partner seroconverting after the relationship began. I have, however, known of several couples that were, or believed they were, HIV-negative where one or both of the partners seroconverted after the relationship began. Maybe the former group was more carefully cognizant of facts they knew to exist, and exercised care accordingly.

There has been a lot of discussion since the Vernazza study (commonly called the "Swiss Study") came out a year ago stating that not one case of seroconversion occurred among heterosexual serodiscordant couples having unprotected sex, ostensibly to get pregnant, where the seropositive partner was on HAART and had (1) an undetectable viral load for at least 6 months and (2) no other sexually transmissible disease(s). [Vernazza P, Hirschel B, Bernasconi E, Flepp M. HIV seropositive persons without sexually transmitted diseases under fully suppressive antiretroviral treatment do not sexually transmit HIV. Bulletin des medecins Suisses 2008; 89:165-169.] This was exciting news, but no sensible person would conclude that it means the risk of transmission is zero. But for many, if not most, couples it describes, the risk may be extremely low, and may be reduced to near-zero with sensible precautions.

One's criteria for deciding on a life partner may well be different from those for choosing casual sex partners. Love is a still a perfectly valid factor to consider even when HIV is an issue.

Reactions: headbang8
Media
1 word....CONDOM. Personally, it wouldn't matter in anyway way shape or form to me. I suppose this is because of Queer As Folk. The relationship with Michael and Ben opened my eyes to the possibility, and beauty, of a relationship of this nature. You simply need to be safe in every way and know that there IS that small risk. And if you love the person enough to take that very small chance (even though, there's a good chance, if you're safe...you'd never get it)...then it's worth it. Go for it. Hope you two have a happy and loving life =)

1 word....CONDOM. Personally, it wouldn't matter in anyway way shape or form to me. I suppose this is because of Queer As Folk. The relationship with Michael and Ben opened my eyes to the possibility, and beauty, of a relationship of this nature. You simply need to be safe in every way and know that there IS that small risk. And if you love the person enough to take that very small chance (even though, there's a good chance, if you're safe...you'd never get it)...then it's worth it. Go for it. Hope you two have a happy and loving life =)

People who are HIV NEG and want to stay HIV NEG should not have sex or relationships with people who are HIV Poz. Likewise people who are POZ should not bareback with people who are POZ unless they want to get other STDs and strains of HIV and do not care about their health or the health of other people. These people are complete idiots and have a death wish. The worst are the guys who think that because you fuck a guy as a Bareback top that you will not get HIV at all or that you can swallow and get all the HIV POZ cum in your mouth that you want and you will not become Poz. Likewise the people who think that because they have an undetectable viral load that it means that they can't infect someone else or that they will not get HIV from a POZ person so they can bareback all they want. Stupid fools. I have POZ male and female friends who ONLY date and have sex (even protected sex) with other POZ people because they do not want to give HIV to someone who is NEG and NEG people do not understand what it is like to be POZ. Then there are the sick fucks who are NEG yet want to get infected by a POZ partner.

Media
People who are HIV NEG and want to stay HIV NEG should not have sex or relationships with people who are HIV Poz. Likewise people who are POZ should not bareback with people who are POZ unless they want to get other STDs and strains of HIV and do not care about their health or the health of other people. These people are complete idiots and have a death wish. The worst are the guys who think that because you fuck a guy as a Bareback top that you will not get HIV at all or that you can swallow and get all the HIV POZ cum in your mouth that you want and you will not become Poz. Likewise the people who think that because they have an undetectable viral load that it means that they can't infect someone else or that they will not get HIV from a POZ person so they can bareback all they want. Stupid fools. I have POZ male and female friends who ONLY date and have sex (even protected sex) with other POZ people because they do not want to give HIV to someone who is NEG and NEG people do not understand what it is like to be POZ. Then there are the sick fucks who are NEG yet want to get infected by a POZ partner.

Did I say anything about barebacking? No. I said CONDOM. Just because someone is HIV Positive doesn't mean they need to be shunned. Something happened to them at some point in their life and they got it. Either by their own mistakes or the mistakes of others. Now depending on if the guy is smart, is being careful w/ his sex life, etc etc...it doesn't make any difference than if you were someone Negative. You're obviously just a bigoted fool who thinks anyone with this disease should up and die already. Well news flash. They're people too. Yes, there is a risk if you get involved w/ that person (because accidents do happen: condom breaks, etc), but it in NO WAY means that you WILL contract it. A line of communication needs to be open between you and your poz counterpart. If you're willing to stick it out and take the extra precautions in your relationship, it doesn't mean it can't work.

Now if you're just with someone BECAUSE they're poz and you want it. YES, that is a problem. Yes, you shouldn't be barebacking unless you know the person is 100% clean. You spout off all this information that I never even mentioned lol. I'm well aware how it can contracted and I never said 'oh you're positive? I'll let you cum in my mouth then' lol. It's time you get over yourself now. The world isn't Black & White anymore. Times like these when they start to bleed and you get some grey.

lookingforhung

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
HIV or any chronic STD is basically a disability, imo. I'd compare it to physically abled population on the whole not wanting to get into relationships with physically disabled people (ie someone in a wheelchair) But the way you acquire something like that is always in the specifics. But for me that only decides how bad you feel for the person. Is there not a difference between the person born with some disability, the person who had an accident, or the person who did something really high risk and knew injury was a big possibility?

In terms of relationship though, it makes no difference how for most people. I would say the majority. If we can't see ourselves with an HIV person, a disabled person, a person way different than us, a person that wouldn't be able to enjoy our interests..it goes beyond specifics.

Last edited:

No way! Are you crazy? NO sex is worth getting HIV/AIDS and having to go on horrible medications for the rest of your life. I know people will say that condoms work but condoms do break and I have no desire to use condoms every single time I have sex and eventually I would either stop using them or I'd slip up once and not use one and knowing my luck I would get HIV. Why would you want to knowingly have sex with someone who has HIV/AIDS anyway? That to me just shows the person as being very foolish, someone who enjoys having high risk sex, and it means that they have a death wish.

Whatever happened to being responsible for what happens to yourself? or Then there's the fact that lots of gay men have the idea that they can be as promiscuous as they want and as long as you use a condom somehow everything will be magically fine even though condoms do break and people do get HIV from giving oral sex and the best way not to get HIV is to not have sex with people who are Poz.

Honestly, how many people on here complain about how people believe the things said by political parties or politicians, and then attack anyone who even mentions they might not use a condom every single time they ever have sex, even with a regular partner? How many believe this stuff so strongly they think they can just go screw anything that breathes and they're invincible because they're "always safe", yet are still at risk for the majority of STDs including incurable ones like herpes, HPV, and hepatitis? How many insist on condoms every time for anal or vaginal sex, claiming that the risk is too high without one, but then claim "oral isn't that risky" and don't bother with condoms then and yet swallow and get cum in their mouth? How many haven't checked the footnotes on that "99% effective" on the box and noticed it says "vs pregnancy only"? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying throw them out. Condoms do reduce your chances of contracting STDs. Unless you're fucking someone who's got a latex allergy that causes them to tear and begin bleeding profusely, in which case things are then actually worse. Then you're up into sharing needles levels of dangerous. But while they do reduce chances, they most certainly aren't foolproof. They aren't anywhere near it. But a lot of people seem to have bought this brainwashing constructed by politicians that were pressured to "Do Something! (TM)" to look good wholesale, and no longer care about being selective in partners. How many of you ask someone if they have an STD first? Or do you just roll one on and have at it, figuring hey you'll be fine? Ever ask someone if they're allergic? Do you carry an extra non-latex one in case you run into someone? Usually I don't even bother posting rants like this, because the responses usually come as flames intended to be loud enough so that all the people who don't want to hear it can continue sticking their fingers in their ears and going "La la la la I can't hear you!" That way they can pretend there's nothing to be afraid of and can be as promiscuous as they want, then point fingers at someone else if something bad ever happens, because it can't be their fault if they were always safe like they were taught, like good little boys and girls. It's like trying to tell an alcoholic that smoking pot daily isn't as harmful as their nightly binge drinking.

It is not worth the risk and worry. I have before. Would I do it now? Well no I would not. It made me nervous and even though we did use condoms I still always worried in the back of my mind stuff like, "What if I got HIV from him?"

Media
It is not worth the risk and worry. I have before. Would I do it now? Well no I would not. It made me nervous and even though we did use condoms I still always worried in the back of my mind stuff like, "What if I got HIV from him?"

Shouldn't have did it then, but that's my opinion. You should cover if you're ready to take that risk and be willing to accept the possibility of contracting it..BEFORE getting into it. Big diff in being cautious beforehand and scared during/after. Shows you weren't ready to take that step and be okay with it. Sorry if that came across mean? Not intended to. I just think that if you're going to take the risk, than you should be ready & shouldn't constantly be thinking about it throughout it all.

For example; It would be like trying to drive across the tracks before the train got there, and worrying/complaining you got hit by it. If you were so worried/etc, shouldn't have done it.

Shouldn't have did it then, but that's my opinion. You should cover if you're ready to take that risk and be willing to accept the possibility of contracting it..BEFORE getting into it. Big diff in being cautious beforehand and scared during/after. Shows you weren't ready to take that step and be okay with it. Sorry if that came across mean? Not intended to. I just think that if you're going to take the risk, than you should be ready & shouldn't constantly be thinking about it throughout it all.

For example; It would be like trying to drive across the tracks before the train got there, and worrying/complaining you got hit by it. If you were so worried/etc, shouldn't have done it.

Nobody should take the risk of being HIV negative and having sex with an HIV POZ person. My friends who are POZ flat out refuse to have any sex, even safer sex with people who are NEG since they do not want to give this horrible virus to people who are NEG. They are even careful with other POZ men and do not bareback with them since you can get other strains of HIV and get reinfected and the virus is mutating all the time and you can even get other STDs from barebacking and people who bareback and are Poz are insane, psychologically disturbed, and clearly have a death wish since they are reckless not only to themselves but to the Poz people who they have sex with.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would rather have protected sex period. I can't take a chance on barebacking anyone. For your info, I was in a relationship with a hiv pos person for almost 5 years. Im still negative 1 year later

I would rather have protected sex period. I can't take a chance on barebacking anyone. For your info, I was in a relationship with a hiv pos person for almost 5 years. Im still negative 1 year later

If you knowingly have sex and relationships with people who are POZ you are a bug chaser.