HIV

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by ice.shiva, Nov 24, 2007.

1. ice.shiva

ice.shiva New Member

Just a quick question,
    Can you get HIV from Oral sex ??

2. T-Lex

T-Lex Member

Albums:
  3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Define "oral sex".

Getting a blowjob is a non-risk event, as is getting your pussy eaten. Although you might be putting yourself at risk for parasites, analingus (eating ass) poses no risk for HIV either.

There have been many studies regarding the spread of HIV via sucking dick. There is a famous study of heterosexuals in Spain between serodiscordant couples (one poz, one neg). The participants used condoms for vaginal and anal sex, but not for oral. None of the negative participants became infected.

Saliva is a digestive enzyme that is very acidic and toxic to a virus as fragile as HIV, and a mouth stuffed with cock is filled with it (under typical situations). It also coats the throat lining.

I'll not say that it is IMPOSSIBLE to contract HIV through sucking cock, just incredibly unlikely. And it surprises me how often I need to remind people that HIV is only transmitted from someone who is HIV+ to someone who is HIV-.

Everyday life is about assessing real-life risk against potential reward. A mature adult educates him/herself as to risk and behaves accordingly. Use condoms for anal and/or vaginal sex with every contact until you are in a stable, long-term monogamous relationship.

If you believe that you can contract HIV from sucking cock, then wrap it before putting it in your mouth.

4. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

Lexingtony,
    you're not supposed to put links from the CDC. :censored: I was told quite a few times by members of the gay mafia that the CDC has a political agenda. They don't want people to have sex or something like that. :rolleyes:
    Here's a link the OP and others may find useful, and as always, use your own best judgment.

STD Risk Chart

Regarding the Spanish study: they only sampled 135 couples, and viral loads were available for only 60 of them, less than half.

"It is thought that certain factors increase the chances of passing on HIV through oral sex. These include the HIV-positive person having a high viral load. In the Madrid study, viral load results were only available for 60 members of the cohort. Of these 10% (6) had a viral load above 10,000 copies/ml. CD4 counts below 200 cells/mm3 were recorded in 15.6% of the HIV-positive people in the study."

5. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was going to start a new thread, but Might as well feed off of this one and not clutter things up.

Why is AIDS and HIV on the rise? Are Straight/Gay men and women that stupid? DO they really think that they are invincible?
    It infuriates me that people continue to claim this a Gay disease, but CONTINUOUSLY I hear of young guys getting girls pregnant by a "Oops".
    THis is socially acceptable followed by a continued strain of irresponsability, and spreading the wealth among other men and women.
    (I can tell youof MANY sad married men end up in the gay bars)

I am actually afraid of going out, and getting in a relationship only to find out that the person has HIV/AIDS. SO much so, that I don't even date anymore because it's just too scary.
    "well I have a really low viral load, so you won't get anything" - do you know how many times I heard that same fucking pathetic line? You Either HAVE IT or you DONT.
    Condoms break. They aren't 100%.
    Id bet within 5 years, if the rate continues on the rise, HIV and AIDS will mutate into something near invincible and unstoppable.

Whatever advertising company placed an ad showing that YOu can still achieve anything you want if you have AIDS/HIV....
    Castrate the fucking Author. Ban the magazine from existence.

Initially I thought Extermination on a grand scale would be in order, but it would have to be on a world wide scale, and would be too difficult to implement. THe civilized countries would be easy. THe uncivilized areas of the world would be more difficult. Shoot the fucking tree huggers if they get in the way.
    I say, the scare needs to be put back in peoples minds, and do it by expedient death.
    If thats too brutal, then I call for a 20 foot rule. Any person that has HIV/AIDS will have to maintain 20 feet from all other people.
    It's law for Smokers....so why not for something that's a pandemic?

More Young Americans Are Contracting HIV on Yahoo! Health

Pissed? Insulted? Hmm...Mabee you Are paying attention...

6. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Industrialsize sits back and looks forward to reading the flames because he is at a loss for words!.....Mass extermination? Good grief!

7. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL Somebody's gotta stir the pot....

I know it's off on a tangent, and was made to make people sit up, and type with BOTH hands...

8. sargon20

Gold Member

Any and all agency heads appointed by the Bush Administration HAVE political agendas. This is 100% true. They are not there because the believe in the agency's mission. They hate government and they are put in charge of running it. This is a shock to most people but regrettably it's true.

9. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

I'm glad you posted that link. If I did it I would have been lynched.

So the CDC during the Clinton administration was different than during the Bush administration? I think not!

10. erratic

Gold Member

Uh oh.

Before any flamewar starts, just think of how HIV is transmitted. This is what I've pieced together from different workshops and HIV/AIDS organizations.

A fluid that contains HIV has to enter your blood stream. If you're sucking a dick or eating pussy, that fluid is the pre-cum, cum, vaginal fluid, or blood of someone with HIV. If you don't know your partner's status it's your judgment call. You can always ask, or insist on playing safe one way or the other. It is always your right to choose and your right to change your mind.

If you play without a condom you have to think about that second part of how HIV is transmitted: it has to get in your blood stream. The science and statistics indicate that it's not easy to contract HIV through the mouth, true. That being said, if you have sores, gum infections, an illness like a cold or flu, a raw throat, or any other injury to your mouth or throat (including from recent dental work, having just brushed or flossed, or braces) the risk of transmission increases. Getting rough with a cock in your mouth or throat, as with vaginal or anal sex, may cause small tears in sensitive tissues.

In the end (pardon the pun) it should be your choice what enters your body. Education and communication are the most important.

P.S. Tips for head with condoms:

Lube can taste nasty, but most condoms are pre-lubed. If you put the condom on him, spit in your hand and jack him off for a bit the can dissipate.

As for women, if you don't have a dental dam, you can cut a condom lengthwise and put that lube-side down over her.

Hope that helps.

11. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I can only repeat my incredulity...EXTERMINATION ON A GRAND SCALE?????GEEZUMS!

12. chico8

chico8 New Member

So people with type 2 diabetes, smokers, the obese, race car drivers, etc, etc should all be exterminated because of the poor choices they made? Those who join the army and are seriously injured should simply be put to death because they were stupid enough to join up?

???

13. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

Yes, but it's no different than anything else. The Surgeon General said in the 1960's that smoking causes lung cancer. People still smoke, don't they? Excessive drinking can cause addiction and liver damage. Has that stopped everyone from drinking? You can kill yourself or someone else driving drunk. Do people still drive drunk?

You can continue to date but don't look at it as scary. There are more people who don't have HIV than do. If you're concerned about a person having any STD or HIV, don't get sexual with them until you know for sure they are okay--get tested together.

I don't believe that low viral load stuff either. Maybe you're less likely to get something, but your immune system could be low at that time and you might be more vulnerable. Again, it's what you feel comfortable doing. I think everyone should use a condom for oral, vaginal or anal sex if you are unsure of a partner's HIV or STD status. Many people on here don't feel the same way. AIDS is still very mysterious 25 years into the crisis. Some people are fine on the meds, and others have died. I know a few people who haven't survived it. Hopefully, it won't mutute and research is ongoing so there's always hope. Unfortunately, a recent clinical trial vaccine failed.

http://www.lpsg.org/63715-experimental-aids-vaccine-doesn-t.html

I don't think it will ever be cured or preventable; it will be treatable, like cancer.

I know you're not serious about that comment even though it is in poor taste. You're just frustrated and it only means you're human. Hang in there!

14. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    As racy is this is...it hasn't gotten very many views, so it shows people don't give a shit anyway - hence the problem.

Now your lumping other types of non-spreadable health issues with an epademic.
    Don't get me going on the army shit. That's a totally different rant of grand scale.

My Comparison with smokers are the recent no smoking laws placed on people that choose to use tobacco products.
    I don't agree with capitalizing on tobacco users, but suddenly the government puts out laws discriminating against users and segregating them from the rest of the world. The 20 foot rule is that they have to be at least 20 feet from the entryway of any building if they want to light up.
    Likewise on college campuses, many are 100% smoke free -enforced.
    The point is to deter people from an unhealthy habit.

Now obviously this doesnt apply to AIDS/HIV, however the question is, what do we do with the select few that choose to spread this disease and not tell their partners? (Yes the many men that have sex with their wives/girlfriends on birth control, that you buy drinks for down at the bar)

I just think that someone, of high level authority needs to step up to the plate and do something to stop the spread of the disease.

How bout advertising this?
    "Immune Deficiency drugs will be available for those who have aids or have contracted aids on or before January 1st 2008. Those individuals that contract aids after this date will not have HIV/AIDS medication available to them"

Wouldn't that work to scare the shit out of people enough to be more careful? Why or Why not? (5 points)

15. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yea, but that was kind of the point, ya know?
    Just to see people continue to destroy themselves, and be so careless with other peoples lives is just un-nerving to me.

16. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

No - it wouldn't.

1. People do not believe it will EVER happen to them.
    2. I'm not certain but I do not believe there is a way of accurately determining when HIV was contracted.
    3. Risky move for a government - vote loser, not to mention the possibility of ending up at the sharp and pointy end of a class action.
    4. The drug companies would surely lobby against this strongly - they make so much cash out of the these meds - they aren't going to give up such a significant proportion of their new client base without a fight.
    5. I cannot emphasise point 1 enough - until the results arrive HIV/AIDS is an SEP (somebody else's problem).

I understand why you are posting in the manner you are on this - shock tactics - a slap in the face IS needed - but 'extermination on a grand scale' is NOT a phrase that should be bandied about lightly - however deadly serious the underlying issues are.

Draft saved Draft deleted