Hoarding show on A&E

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's a really good show. One lady had rotting food all over her house and in her fridge. Another one had such a mess that she was at risk of losing her children.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I saw that show, it made me throw up a little in my mouth. I don't save, I get rid of. I'm too OCD... I live in a NYC apartment where it's "Everything has a place and everything in it's place."

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a really good show. One lady had rotting food all over her house and in her fridge. Another one had such a mess that she was at risk of losing her children.
I saw it. It was painful to watch as I know someone in Jersey like that. :frown1: It's hereditary in her case as her mother, aunt, and grandmotherwere all serious hoarders.

What bothered me about the show was that they appeared to have professional organizers there, but not shrinks. These people are seriously, mentally ill. Having someone come in and say, "You need to throw this crap out, it's useless," doesn't help. :cool:

Last edited:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to do work with a rubbish removal company that had to go in and clean out places like that. There are a lot more hoarders than you would think.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to do work with a rubbish removal company that had to go in and clean out places like that. There are a lot more hoarders than you would think.
Evidently so!:frown1: There are numerous shows that deal with getting these suburban cess pools cleaned out. What I would like to know is what causes this? :confused: On Clean House the hoarding is often triggered by the death of a spouse, parent, sibling, or child. But that's maybe one show out of 20. Why can't the other 19 people identify and throw out trash? :confused:

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know, I have been watching the shows..
Yeah, some are ILL.. BUT, I feel like a load of them just want a DUMB ass to clean their home...for FREE..
I seen this one where this gross FAT guy had poop and pee in his bathroom and soda cans in his bedroom.
Then this one NUTTY chick that was getting her house foreclosed on had to LOOK through EVERY darn ITEMS BEFORE they throw it away..
I feel like they should just KEEP living in filth if you ask me...."
As long as they are not hurting anyone..

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Then the one that had to touch everything was trying to say that her jewelry cardboard boxes had jewels in them and they were missing BULL F' ing SHIT!!
But, before that she made them have a meeting to find her OLD ratty tutu and bath towel.." They found the damn thing in 2 minutes, but her LAZY ass could not? It is her damn home! Then the next day she calls a meeting wanting them to find a damn BROCKEN outside towel piece.." She claimed that she wanted to GLUE it back ONE DAY...
WTF!!!?
UGH!!!!

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I also had to clean out places like that. The things I encountered disgusted and saddened me.

Hoarding is some kind of disease. I know some who suffer from it in various degrees.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Did you see the one with the lady with so many cats that many of them were dead and skeletized under all the garbage?

The grossest ones are the people who leave rotten food and garbage everywhere.

They say that 3 million people in the US are affected which is one out of every 100. Figuring how many people are in a household that would mean that in every city block there is one or more.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm with Speedo Guy, this is a severe sickness, these people are mentally ill. I think maybe it starts out as some form of OCD. Like maybe they start collecting Hummels, Precious Moments, or in the case of people who grew up poor they keep the twist ties from bread or they clean & reuse Ziploc bags and that junk just builds up and builds up.

IMO cleaning the home without getting them to a mental health professional doesn't help, because they will go right back to where they were before.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know I am gonna WATCH any show I can get to on LINE ( when I get a chance) or the tube ( if I have time). Damn you!!!!!!! For getting me hooked!!!!!!:eek:

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I understand it is a problem...but one I can't get my head around. Then you have these show that reward them with cleaning it up and redoing their house. I know I am a selfish bastard to think this...but I always think..my house is clean why doesn't someone reward me...i need a new couch too

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I understand it is a problem...but one I can't get my head around. Then you have these show that reward them with cleaning it up and redoing their house. I know I am a selfish bastard to think this...but I always think..my house is clean why doesn't someone reward me...i need a new couch too

This show is for people who are ill of have extreme OCD hoarding. They don't get them new furniture, they just assist with the clean up and bring in trucks and helpers to haul out the garbage. Some cases do not even get solved, because they can't part with all of their junk. People lose the right to keep custody of their kids, one man risked going to jail for having a dump in his yard. He even had an old school bus. They usually have two cases per hour show. I wish they would spend a whole hour or more on just on of these people's homes.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My place probably appears like that, but I don't think I have the whole "hoarding" thing. I'm willing to throw things away - I just hate to clean house! :biggrin1:

And yes, I have newspapers everywhere. That's only because I haven't figured out where to take them here to recycle them, and I don't want to just throw them in the trash when they can be recycled... But if I did find out where to take them, they'd be outta here!

Hey yeah, I'd like new furniture too, but even more than that I'd like money so I can pay my bills... And yes, I'd be willing to sell some of my stuff (but NOT the CDs or most of the books!!!) to get some money, if I could find out how to do that. I've tried posting a Craigslist ad for one or two things and the few responses I got were from the other side of town and couldn't meet me to pick up the items. I live in an apartment so I can't have a garage sale, and plus where I live you have to buy a permit to have a garage sale, so I'd probably LOSE money in the process! :mad: