Hockey

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Anyone else out there watching the NHL playoffs b/t Detroit and Pittsburg? Is anyone else out there working on there 10th stroke of the evening?

KONAN

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My friends and I are joking about having almost had like 20 heart attacks this evening. At least my favorite team Toronto isn't playing. I would've flatlined before the endof regulation!:eek:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yea i just got into hockey recently. for me its usually football (college and pro), basket ball (college and pro) and baseball and tennis. but i was goin for pittsburg to force a game 6. i actually just got finished watching game 5 and i thoug hit would never end. 3 overtimes. i dont know to much about hockey yet but it was obviously a playoff classic. it'll be all over espn classic in 15 years

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
yea i just got into hockey recently. for me its usually football (college and pro), basket ball (college and pro) and baseball and tennis. but i was goin for pittsburg to force a game 6. i actually just got finished watching game 5 and i thoug hit would never end. 3 overtimes. i dont know to much about hockey yet but it was obviously a playoff classic. it'll be all over espn classic in 15 years

mista.....in my opinion, hockey is one of the greatest sports known to man! I love it...Its fast paced, it requires a mulitude of skills, and (hehe) its violent! If you ever have the chance, go and see a NHL game live. Tv does hockey no justice

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Considering I enjoy a decent fight, I don't know why Hockey hasn't caught on with me yet. I'll go to a game, but I couldn't tell you who was in the playoffs and when the games are.

I mean I played as a kid, so it's not like I don't know the game. I just gravited to other sports and interests. It is action packed though, no denying that at all.

Oh and another note Unabear, I just noticed you're from AL. How are things out there, I spent about 5 months in Annistion way back in 90'.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
mista.....in my opinion, hockey is one of the greatest sports known to man! I love it...Its fast paced, it requires a mulitude of skills, and (hehe) its violent! If you ever have the chance, go and see a NHL game live. Tv does hockey no justice

o yea it is exciting. i liked teh anticipation. luckily i'm not to attached to one particular team yet like i am with my first love , basketball.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
FUCK goaltender interference rules that demand players defy Newton's first law! That's all I have to say. I know it's silly to blame the game on that, but even the TV announcers were amazed with those two calls.

I'm from Detroit...yeah...kinda pissed (the Red Wings are my only true team, as far as pro sports go). It was an AMAZING game though, from a more neutral standpoint. Oh yeah, FUCK Marc-Andre Fleury! For being flipping amazing. A more justly blameable scapegoat than rules that don't make sense. If it was not for him the Wings would have one the game handily. 55 saves! 24 in OT! Ridiculous.

I must now wait; I am confident the Wings will win it...I mean...they are clearly the more dominant, skilled, polished team. Fleury is just a beast.

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOVE hockey, but I missed the game tonight, had a lot of other stuff going on... I used to go to a bunch of Philly Phantoms games back in the late 90s when Frank "The Animal" Bialowas was in full force - man, could that dude bring it.

"I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out"
-Rodney Dangerfield

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree with unabear09. Watch a hockey game in person rather than on TV. It's much more exciting! Perhaps getting caught up with the crowd does it. I enjoyed the Birmingham Bulls hockey team in the 70's for three seasons before the league folded. Turning to TV afterwards just didn't do it.