Holder: Osama bin Laden will never face U.S. trial

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I feel like a broken record having to repeat this over and over, but...

Our Constitution makes precious few references to citizens. Rights and freedoms are recognized and enumerated in most cases for all people, regardless of their citizenship status. Prominent among these is the right to the due process of law.

Please, spare yourself further embarrassment...familiarize yourself with the actual documents before again using them for any argumentative basis.
Now why would they want to do that?

It's not like fact checking is a high priority for these folks, now is it?

Besides, as far as I can tell they are oblivious to embarrassment.

They're always Reich, they know it, and that's all they need.

Last edited:

At Abu Ghraib and Bagram they tortured a lot of INNOCENT people. Nothing more un-American has ever happened than that (or its equivalent that wasn't punished). It is as bad as it gets.

How about slavery? Or murdering the Native Americans and forcing them onto reservations?

Those issues were not and still have not been answered for. :wink:

Maybe we can just file those under "equivalent"...I digress

finsuptx

Expert Member
Media
I asked a question, and was properly schooled, thank you for the lesson. A rational discourse could have a nice thing, but I will take my whipping and go. I'm not really interested in engaging in a conversation, only to receive a tongue lashing and the absurd accusation I watch Faux News simply because I had a mistaken understanding.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Exodus 21:24,Leviticus 24:20,Deuteronomy 19:21 - PassageLookup - New American Standard Bible - BibleGateway.com

You can no more prove their innocence than I can prove their guilt.

Either way, the Bible has endorsed the requisite sentence for violence, and it is on the shoulders of 'Christians' to explain that virtue.

To me it is somewhat perplexing that a few 'Hail Mary's' can absolve any Christian of various sins, yet is acceptable to stand in judgment of anything anti-Christian in nature or context.

Perhaps 'Christians' can conquer the elusive enigma of their "Fathers" ass-ramming innocent young Christians - and once they've established a biblically-endorsed course of action with any substance - they can move on to appropriating ethical conduct and a moral code of standards for war crimes.

Good christians would give their money to the poor, instead of investing it into a ponzi scheme.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Torture is a crime against humanity. It is anti-Christian. You can't be a TRUE conservative if you don't have a Christian faith to ameliorate the rather harsh effects of a conservative mindset.

At Abu Ghraib and Bagram they tortured a lot of INNOCENT people. Nothing more un-American has ever happened than that (or its equivalent that wasn't punished). It is as bad as it gets.

Bush-Cheney should have been begging for a Presidential pardon and Yoo should have been disbarred. CIA involved should have been anonymously pardoned.

Alleged terrorists have rights.

Torture? Some woman puts a man on a dog chain and leads him around? Oh, kinky....

Did some people saw off the head of a journalist while cameras were rolling? And the Arabs in that prison were tortured? Yes, maybe, but the degree was vastly different.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Exodus 21:24,Leviticus 24:20,Deuteronomy 19:21 - PassageLookup - New American Standard Bible - BibleGateway.com

You can no more prove their innocence than I can prove their guilt.

Either way, the Bible has endorsed the requisite sentence for violence, and it is on the shoulders of 'Christians' to explain that virtue.

To me it is somewhat perplexing that a few 'Hail Mary's' can absolve any Christian of various sins, yet is acceptable to stand in judgment of anything anti-Christian in nature or context.

Perhaps 'Christians' can conquer the elusive enigma of their "Fathers" ass-ramming innocent young Christians - and once they've established a biblically-endorsed course of action with any substance - they can move on to appropriating ethical conduct and a moral code of standards for war crimes.

What a way to pick and choose your passages, star.
Now, READ THE WHOLE BOOK.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
It's really depressing, the percentage of Americans who exhibit such a piss poor understanding of our nation's foundations. :no:
I asked a question, and was properly schooled, thank you for the lesson. A rational discourse could have a nice thing, but I will take my whipping and go. I'm not really interested in engaging in a conversation, only to receive a tongue lashing and the absurd accusation I watch Faux News simply because I had a mistaken understanding.
Point of clarification finsuptx, my comments were directed at the wider pool of ignorance HazelGod referred to earlier, not to you personally. I should have made that clear.

We agree on many things, more importantly, like some others of us, you have an open mind and are, as you put it, willing to be 'schooled'. Very unlike the folks I was referring to.

My apologies for catching you in my net. You took your unintended whuppin like a man.
You are a right honorable gentleman, not Reich, not by a long shot.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What a way to pick and choose your passages, star.
Now, READ THE WHOLE BOOK.

Okay, VB.

An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth was only one passage.

The rest of the fairty tale would surely provide more insight on dealing with violence.

After Noah boarded 2 mosquitos, 2 saber-toothed tigers, two hummingbirds, etc, and Moses parted the Sea (during a drought) I'm sure there are ample great lessons to be learned on torture in the Bible.

I'll be sure to brush up on the material real soon.

D

deleted15807

The right wing loves to pick and choose quotes. The big picture just gets in the way.

America is awash in selective piety, situational moralists and cherry-picking absolutists.

-Maureen Dowd

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Okay, VB.

An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth was only one passage.

The rest of the fairty tale would surely provide more insight on dealing with violence.

After Noah boarded 2 mosquitos, 2 saber-toothed tigers, two hummingbirds, etc, and Moses parted the Sea (during a drought) I'm sure there are ample great lessons to be learned on torture in the Bible.

I'll be sure to brush up on the material real soon.

Yes, and while you're at it make sure to read all of the statements that speak against the use of violence too. I'm sure that'll create some kind of cerebral quandary for you.

Brought to you by a "fellow Christian".

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

And you were schooled why?

Hazelgod is correct - there is a distinction between citizens and people in the Constitution.

But the issue is addressed - distinctly - about those who present a threat to national security and/or attack the United States.

They are afforded no rights whatsoever. It is at the pleasure of the government to determine their fate.

And if I had any input, they woudl be hung upside down in a room with the family members of their victims.

And whatever happens, happens.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Historical context:

At the end of WWII there were many voices here and overseas, Stalin being the loudest, calling loudly to shoot those damn Nazis, rather than going to the expense and bother of the Nuremberg Trials. After all, everybody knew they were guilty, right? And why give them a platform for spouting propaganda? Fortunately, wiser heads prevailed - led by Churchill, and later the new American President Harry Truman.

The trials went forward, for the very purpose of showing the world the horror of the Nazi war crimes, and to show the world, successfully, that the Allies, and America in particular, stood for justice and the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty'. The evidence was put on display and recorded for history, there was no doubt the criminals deserved their punishments, and America and her Allies stood tall.

We would do well to follow this example dealing with modern day terrorists. To do less compromises our principles before the world, it also serves as a powerful propaganda tool to recruit more terrorists. Not only is it the right, the just, the American thing to do, it is a matter of self-preservation. And lord knows, it couldn't hurt for us to improve our image right now.

Last edited:

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is impossible that America, with all thier resourses cant find him. If he exists that is.

There has to be a bad guy or an enemy to rally around, and Bin Laden still being alive and "still not captured", whether true or not, serves that purpose quite nicely.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

whatevah . . . . :rolleyes:

If you're interested, you may want to check out another of my posts here,
as it relates to a matter we have discussed in pm.