Holiday in Dubai

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
How many people are surprised by the move of Halliburton corporate HQ to Dubai? I am thinking this is just another sign that things are going from bad to worse for this administration: the Haliburton folks are savvy enough to know that W and Cheney may not be able to protect them once the investigations and indictments finally start.

Some might suggest that Bush and Cheney should go join them. If only they would!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Underhanded deals never surprised me when Halliburton is involved.

However, I would prefer that dick & dub emmigrate to Iraq. I'm certain they would be more welcome there than here.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am laughing. Iraq!

It would be interesting to see if Dub would be the first ex-pres to leave the country. Maybe he will pull a Nixon and get someone in who will pardon him. Actually, I see Cheney getting the axe here in the next year or so, but I imagine Bush will have the out that he gave Dick free rein and didn't know all that he was doing...

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Business in Texas.... I believe Ladybird had something to do with Brown and Root which is now owned by Halliburton. Whatever her own ethics and feelings are, in Texas... indeed in the whole U.S., but particularly in Texas... making money takes precedence over being ethical.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am laughing. Iraq!

It would be interesting to see if Dub would be the first ex-pres to leave the country. Maybe he will pull a Nixon and get someone in who will pardon him. Actually, I see Cheney getting the axe here in the next year or so, but I imagine Bush will have the out that he gave Dick free rein and didn't know all that he was doing...

It's almost mid-March 2007, Cheney's going nowhere and 2008, he was never in the picture as anyone's running mate. He'll take his bionic heart, quadruple bypass old & tired carcass back to Haliburton and continue on that gravy train. They still owe him from his corporate days and Haliburton will continue on with lucrative contracts for him to bilk the taxpayer.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's almost mid-March 2007, Cheney's going nowhere and 2008, he was never in the picture as anyone's running mate. He'll take his bionic heart, quadruple bypass old & tired carcass back to Haliburton and continue on that gravy train. They still owe him from his corporate days and Haliburton will continue on with lucrative contracts for him to bilk the taxpayer.
Hah, after Halliburton got that illegal no-bid contract in Iraq, the cash cow didn't have to be milked; the dollars were squirting out of her teats so fast they couldn't catch it in buckets. Regardless of his claims to the contrary, you can safely bet the farm that kickbacks WERE going into Cheney's own personal coffer. Nice, clean, freshly laundered money.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hah, after Halliburton got that illegal no-bid contract in Iraq, the cash cow didn't have to be milked; the dollars were squirting out of her teats so fast they couldn't catch it in buckets. Regardless of his claims to the contrary, you can safely bet the farm that kickbacks WERE going into Cheney's own personal coffer. Nice, clean, freshly laundered money.

I expect cheney or his accountants are savvy enough to defer the kickbacks until he's out of office, wouldn't you think?

I wouldn't be surprised to find that Haliburton had built Dubai, they get the contracts for every other fucking thing. Some of the most expensive shoddy workmanship available, how could anyone resist?

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NPR said that Halliburton's moving their CEO to a new headquarters in Dubai, and made a point of saying their were not moving their corporate headquarters to Dubai. Paging Michael Jackson.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
NPR said that Halliburton's moving their CEO to a new headquarters in Dubai, and made a point of saying their were not moving their corporate headquarters to Dubai. Paging Michael Jackson.

Of course they are only moving their CEO down here and not the head quaters-FOR NOW. You honestly think that they would tell you that they were going to move lock, stock and barrel down to Dubai. This is just precautionary for now; if there "friends" keep power after the next election, nothing will come of it and if they dont then......

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Of course they are only moving their CEO down here and not the head quaters-FOR NOW. You honestly think that they would tell you that they were going to move lock, stock and barrel down to Dubai. This is just precautionary for now; if there "friends" keep power after the next election, nothing will come of it and if they dont then......
I doubt that they will move their entire operation overseas. They will simply have duplicate headquarters. It makes many things just that much easier, and those pesky federal laws that hold them back here do not have any jurisdiction over there. It's a brilliant move.