Holiday Shoplifting

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Doesn't suprise me one bit. Meat and blades have always been a junkies favourite sell-on product.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well at least the thieves have good taste. Filet and Jameson... Better that then stealing Hamburger Helper and Boones Farm Wine I guess. As for the rest of the list I'm good; if I'm on your holiday list please don't shoplift any of that crap for me.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well at least the thieves have good taste. Filet and Jameson... Better that then stealing Hamburger Helper and Boones Farm Wine I guess. As for the rest of the list I'm good; if I'm on your holiday list please don't shoplift any of that crap for me.
What no Elmo?????? :eek:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm sure it will be on the rise. Especially after christmas too.

Most of the welfare programs will be ending soon, and unemployment benefits will be ending in MI too.

If theyre stealing food, it's very sad. - Send them to the local soup kitchen, feed them and make them help out for their crime.
If theyre stealing batteries or video games - throw them in the clink in a quick hurry.

What pisses me off the most are people that pull into the parking lot of the soup kitchen with new luxury vehicles, and others that walk in are turned away because they ran out of food.

Where's my box of nails....

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Can you imagine getting called to post bail for someone who got caught shoplifting a gift for you?

Rikter do people actually drive brand new Escalades and BMW's to soup kitchens? Is it a common occurence? Or is that an urban myth? I ask because I've never seen it myself and although I don't live in the US now, I used to and the only Caddies outside a welfare office were old and clapped out.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've never seen Brand New Escalades or anything like that in front of a Welfare Office, Food Pantry or Soup Kitchen.

However, I have seen some of the cars, like the Impalas, Blazers, etc, with the $500+ apiece 22 inch diamond cut Baller rims.

Not always a common occurence, and oftentimes, I think it's a woman's baby's daddy giving her a ride, especially in some of the more urban/ghetto areas where I've worked.

However, most often, the people coming for food that I've seen are either on foot or riding public transit.

I was really shocked to see the top shoplifted items were Fillet Mignon, Whiskey, Electric Tools, IPhones, and Razors.

Makes me wonder how many people are actually stealing these because they need/want them, and how many are reselling them for profit. I know at many local stores, things like electronics, liquor, and tools are locked up, so that you have to have an associate come and open it for you if you want it, or they have an electronic cap on it, so you have to have it opened at the register.

Sad, but a hallmark of the shitty economic times we live in.....

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Rikter do people actually drive brand new Escalades and BMW's to soup kitchens? Is it a common occurence? Or is that an urban myth? I ask because I've never seen it myself and although I don't live in the US now, I used to and the only Caddies outside a welfare office were old and clapped out.

You Bet. Come to Saginaw and it's a common occurrence.

Sorry, but if you drive a caddy that's 2000 or newer you don't need to be eating at the soup kitchen.

Yes, there have been Escalades and Lincoln Navigators in the parking lot. Most that frequent it, drive mid 2000 caddys, impalas etc. Pimped out cars are commonplace.
Those 22" rims are generally several thousand dollars for ONE if its a spinner. Usually 22"s run about $2000-3000 for a set, then add on the tires, another $1500 or more.

The abuses of the system in MI are over the top. It's not just blacks, there are whites doing it too.

Last edited:

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
That is an interesting list. I know nothing about shoplifting, thievery, or the likes.. so meat surprises me... as does the Elmo.... and AXE? Really??? I get the Polo, but AXE??

(the absolute worst smelling cologne ever.... IMO...)

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You Bet. Come to Saginaw and it's a common occurrence.

Sorry, but if you drive a caddy that's 2000 or newer you don't need to be eating at the soup kitchen.

Yes, there have been Escalades and Lincoln Navigators in the parking lot. Most that frequent it, drive mid 2000 caddys, impalas etc. Pimped out cars are commonplace.
Those 22" rims are generally several thousand dollars for ONE if its a spinner. Usually 22"s run about $2000-3000 for a set, then add on the tires, another $1500 or more.

The abuses of the system in MI are over the top. It's not just blacks, there are whites doing it too.

Here's something you have to take into account. I know this from working in some organizations in and around Gary, Indiana, one of the most ghetto of the Ghetto areas of the country.

In a lot of situations, the money you get from Public Aid, while not much, is better than what you'd get if you actually got a job, because so many jobs, when all is said and done, don't pay living wages.

So, what people do, is they get $2-300 per month in Food Stamps. Then, towards the end of the month, they do the Food Pantry circuit. They know which churches and neighborhood organizations offer food pantries and soup kitchens. They faithfully hit them once per month to cover the gaps that food stamps don't cover.

Then, they also look to other public assistance programs for their rents, and take that money to cover that, and go from agency to agency if they have to for energy assistance with their utility bills/rent and so on.

A third factor is the large amount of debt/poor credit that so many people have. A lot of times, all of those pimped out cars are bought on credit and are in someone's mother, sister, cousin or baby's mother's name. A lot of people have such trashed credit that they'll use their child's social security number to get credit.

Then, to get cash, they'll sell their food stamps, or shoplift some of these items that they know are in demand to get actual free cash.

What's really unfortunate about it is that it breeds a mentality that it's easier and smarter to buck and cheat the system, and even steal and profit from that, than it is to actually make an honest living, because honest living doesn't pay the bills.

And it cuts across all racial and ethnic lines.....

/FWIW, all of this is only my experience, things that I've seen with my own two eyes. Your Mileage May Vary.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
That is an interesting list. I know nothing about shoplifting, thievery, or the likes.. so meat surprises me... as does the Elmo.... and AXE? Really??? I get the Polo, but AXE??

(the absolute worst smelling cologne ever.... IMO...)
I don't get the Axe thing either. Maybe using it as a bug repellent.

I didn't know you frequented Yahoo Shine! Hmmm nice to see Nike made the list :wink: And before you ask, no I purchased mine on my JCP card. :biggrin:
I do? And who shops at JCP anymore?