Holiday Songs Thread

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Another poster and I was posting some Christmas songs on another thread, he had posted some from so long ago that I had forgotton and it brought a nice warm feeling back to me; with so many memories.

Seeing as we have on 7 days to Xmas day, can we post a favourite Xmas Carol, song, video anything that gets us into the Christmas spirit and brings back memories, happiness and family and friends that are no longer with us?

This takes me back..

YouTube - Nana Mouskouri ~ Old Toy Trains

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
One of the most popular singer on the planet and her version of Holy Night & Xmas

YouTube - Céline Dion ( o holy night )

YouTube - Celine Dion - Happy Christmas (War Is Over)

Celine Dion's version of O' Holy Night is one of my favorites.
Its the one I was going to post in this thread.

I was never a fan of Celine Dion (and I still don't really listen to her) but I would have never realized how amazing her voice really is if it weren't for this song (and the fact that my job plays Christmas music non-stop for the entire month of December).

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Darlene Love's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) has to rate up-there as one of the great holiday songs thanks in large part to Love's powerful vocals and Phil Spector's genius. Written in 1963 just a few years after Spector graduated from Fairfax High School, he borrowed heavily from doo-wop and Motown. He then incorporated a still developing concept he called his wall of sound.

One of the great instrumental passages is a baritone sax at 1:31.