Hollister and A&F Jeans

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
I got some new Hollister jeans today, and I love the way they fit. But why is it that they make the pockets so big and position them so low that it makes it look like you have a saggy ass? I've noticed that A&F does this with their jeans too. I don't have much ass, but it's there. And it's noticeable when I wear good, snug fitting jeans like these. That's why I get them. They fit wonderful everywhere else, even the ass. But no matter what, the huge back pockets will make you look like you have no ass whatsoever. I just wish the back pocket was better positioned.

Here's a pic of the back. I tried to get the best angle so you could see what I'm talking about.

http://www.lpsg.org/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/204722/cat/500/ppuser/188153

Hollister and A&F are the same company (just an explanation for the unaware). No idea why they do that. They do have decent polo shirts though.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
Hollister and A&F are the same company (just an explanation for the unaware). No idea why they do that. They do have decent polo shirts though.

Didn't know that, but certainly not surprised. It does explain a lot. I refuse to shop at A&F anymore because of how inflated their ego and prices have gotten. I liked shopping there when I was in high school, but their style was different from what it is now. Hollister has nice button down shirts and cheaper prices, although they do saturate the entire store in their cologne. Smells good so I don't mind that too much.

I feel the same about American Eagle. I always find nice button down shirts, and I got a great polo there today as well as boxer briefs. I don't like their jeans though.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hollister, A&F and Rhule are all the same company... Old Navy, American Eagle and Gap are all the same company.

I like the A&F clothing..but I cannot wear anything but the pants and hats from there...very few of the shirts fit me anymore...and anything with a banded sleeve..no way..turns my arms purple...

Rhule and Gap ...the high end stores of both companies use better materials on their clothes...same styles pretty much..but better quality.

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I recently have stopped shopping at Hollister because their prices have gotten pretty expensive and I swear their sizes are getting smaller. I used to be a Large in their button up shirts, but now I am an X-Large because it's too short. I know I haven't grown taller or gotten any fatter, so I had to stop shopping there.

I am now HOOKED on H&M & the men's section of Forever XXI. I thought Forever XXI was just a women's store, but to my surprise they had this tiny little section for guys and had awesome button up shirts for 20 bucks.

I do agree with how Abercrombie has awesome button ups too. I always look at them, but then I see they are 70 dollars so I just set them down and walk away sad :)

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
Hollister, A&F and Rhule are all the same company... Old Navy, American Eagle and Gap are all the same company.

I like the A&F clothing..but I cannot wear anything but the pants and hats from there...very few of the shirts fit me anymore...and anything with a banded sleeve..no way..turns my arms purple...

Rhule and Gap ...the high end stores of both companies use better materials on their clothes...same styles pretty much..but better quality.

I feel dumb now for know knowing they were all the same company :redface:, but it definitely makes sense. I'd never even heard of Ruehl before, had to Google it. I know Martin and Osa is an AE brand for the thirtysomething crowd. Guess that's what Ruehl is to A&F.

I recently have stopped shopping at Hollister because their prices have gotten pretty expensive and I swear their sizes are getting smaller. I used to be a Large in their button up shirts, but now I am an X-Large because it's too short. I know I haven't grown taller or gotten any fatter, so I had to stop shopping there.

I am now HOOKED on H&M & the men's section of Forever XXI. I thought Forever XXI was just a women's store, but to my surprise they had this tiny little section for guys and had awesome button up shirts for 20 bucks.

I do agree with how Abercrombie has awesome button ups too. I always look at them, but then I see they are 70 dollars so I just set them down and walk away sad :)

The prices have gone up a bit, especially A&F, my God! But I've genuinely felt that the quality and materials used are worth it. Levis jeans can cost just as much as Hollister jeans, but the denim is a lighter weight. The Levis I have start to wear faster than the Hollister and A&F jeans I've had for longer.

Another gripe I have with the Hollister shirts is they make the sleeves so damn long! I'll get a small, which is starting to get tighter than they used to be, but the sleeves will still cover my hands when rolled all the way down.

swiper007

Experimental Member
Media
i shop at stores such as h&m, hollister, american eagle, but my fav store is Heritage 1981 which is the same company as Forever21. they have nice jeans and sweaters and just nice clothes period. and its non expensive. double whammy :)

inwait8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The pockets are set low to accentuate the rear end. It could also be related to the rise which are low on all A&F jeans.

About the different brands :

A&F has Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie (kids), Hollister, Ruehl, and Gilly Hicks
GAP has Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Piperlime, and Athleta
American Eagle has American Eagle, Aeire, 77Kids, and Martin & Osa

I'd have to say from my experience in retail (going on 10yrs now) you get what you pay for.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
The pockets are set low to accentuate the rear end. It could also be related to the rise which are low on all A&F jeans.

About the different brands :

A&F has Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie (kids), Hollister, Ruehl, and Gilly Hicks
GAP has Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Piperlime, and Athleta
American Eagle has American Eagle, Aeire, 77Kids, and Martin & Osa

I'd have to say from my experience in retail (going on 10yrs now) you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to get used to the style.

That is just new fashion lol, my ass comes out well in those trousers if I can say that :tongue:

Your ass is supposed to stay IN the trousers when wearing them. :tongue:

tke912

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
dude get a pair of jeans with button flap back pockets. H&M makes good ones. they can make the flatest ass look awesome

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can't even fit in the stuff at H&M and A&F. When they start making stuff for people with bellies and big thighs, they can have my business

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can't even walk into a Hollister store. I'm very sensitive to smell and I get an instant headache the second I get a whiff of their cologne.

Though, I've also got the same problem with a pair of jeans. They're from H&M and when I was there trying on different pairs of jeans, I kept encountering the same problem-- the back pockets are just far too low and do exactly what you say, makes the ass look saggy, despite the fact that I can easily fill out the back of a pair of pants. I don't like it, but hopefully it's a trend that'll soon pass.

I also love both those stores! Great clothes for great prices.:biggrin1:

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
Best fitting jeans I've had are the BKE line from Buckle. They are on the expensive side though and the sales staff there is very pushy. You go in to try on one pair of jeans and they will continue to toss four or five more pairs of different fits over the door for you to try. They work on salary+commission, so you can understand why. I'm starting to despise that store. They cater to the Ed Hardy douchebag style that guys like Jon Gosselin are rocking. :rolleyes:

Buckle.com | Designer Jeans : Men's and Women's Fashion Clothing

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
old topic ...

what about the image/reputation of A&F and hollister in the states?

i am from europe ... here in europe A&F has a gay image and hollister a teen image.

D

deleted244310

Where I live, neither are cool. It's more cool to wear the skinniest levis you can find and look like a total hipster.

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
I can't even fit in the stuff at H&M and A&F. When they start making stuff for people with bellies and big thighs, they can have my business
When you start seeing them featuring people with bellies and big thighs on their web site and their print ads and in their store displays, you'll know they're ready for your business.