holy crap Ellen

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by Deno, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    On the Ellen show today beside gifting the audience with Justin Timberlake and a CD from Duffy she also gave everyone in the audience a playstation 3 and the Dance Dance Revolution Set.

2. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Darn, why can't we ever be in the audience when the good stuff is given away?

3. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    He talked about working with Madonna on the song 4 minutes did anyone hear that yet, I usually like Timberlakes stuff with Madonna it has to be good. I think they did a video.

I am pretty sure it was a birthday show. I think it was like 50 and a half birthday what ever the hell thats suppose to be.

#3 Deno, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  4. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    She is hands down my favorite lesbian who is engaged to marry Portia De Rossi.

5. Xcuze

Gold Member

Whats with all this giving the audience free stuff! It seems to be a US tv trend. I have no interest in seeing others get stuff that I fucking want! It seems quite cheap & desperate to me. Saves having to come up with interesting subjects I guess.

Deno, Matt Hughes is around...

6. B_Jennuine73

B_Jennuine73 New Member

The song with JTimberlake and Madonna sucks. A disappointment really...

7. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

Ellen, if you're reading this, I'd love to be a member of your studio audience some day. Just PM me.

8. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Have we all forgotten about the time Oprah gave everyone in the audience a car? I, too, find it perplexing. The tickets are free so it's not like they need to use ploys like this to get people to come. Perhaps it's just generosity? Or perhaps it's so that people think better of them? Consequently, I'm jealous because I need a new car and a PS3. Everyone that has what I need is a bastard! Rawr!

9. Xcuze

Gold Member

Er, its called advertising.

Deno, 4 minutes came out about 2 months ago!
    Where have u been? She's just about to release the follow up already..Give it to me

#9 Xcuze, Jun 18, 2008
  10. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    The album came out a couple of weeks ago. From an average, non hip-hop listening perspective, it's just good not great and a really new element for Madge to play in.

From an avid hip-hop listener's perspective, it sucks ass. Sure it's pop and alot ofthe songs are fuckin' catchy, but the production is half-assed. Both Tim and Pharrell have easily made better tracks for mixtapes than they did for this album. Justin's stuff wasn't even produced by him. The only thing he did on the tracks was play guitar and sing background. All of Justin's songs were produced by this guy called Danja Handz. The same guy who produced most of Britney's last album. His songs are probably the best ones on the record, IMO.

11. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    that proper made me giggle!:biggrin1:

12. invisibleman

Gold Member

Madonna is just following trends though. I think that for a while she lost the American audience with these Britpop songs that sound like Cliff Richard's "I'm No Hero" album.
    <==Yeah, I own that album. If I want to hear that sound, I will play that fucking album not Madonna's "Confessions on a Dance Floor".

She even admitted that while she was recording in the studio with Pharrell of The Neptunes...that he spent more time on his Blackberry than with the songwriting and the production of songs contributed to the Hard Candy project. Madonna wants to appeal to the younger crowds with Timberlake and the Neptunes. How trendy. :rolleyes:

I miss how Madonna had some funky R&B shit. I kinda wished that Madonna got Daft Punk to produce her album. Those French guybots know R&B/funk school. THAT would be an album I would buy.

13. midlifebear

Gold Member

What if she gave out clones of Portia De Rossi: "And YOU'VE got a Portia De Rossi, and YOU'VE got a Portia De Rossi, and YOU'VE got a Portia De Rossi, and YOU'VE got a Portia De Rossi, and YOU'VE got a Portia De Rossi, and YOU'VE got a Portia De Rossi, and YOU'VE got a Portia De Rossi . . . . !

14. Xcuze

Gold Member

Daft punk? They havent done anything good for years!

15. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    don't get the Matt Hughes thing

I am not big into the seen I didn't even listen to his future sex love songs until 2008, And then I listen to it alot. I guess I am slow in several ways.

From seeing Timberlake interviewed by Jay Leno a few years ago to now seeing him on Ellen he seems very different. I think he is becoming more serious about himself and his career. I guess I'll have to get a few of the songs and check it out. During the interview Ellen put up the pick of Justin in a speedo from Love Guru, you should have seen the smile on his face, it was priceless.

#15 Deno, Jun 18, 2008
  16. invisibleman

Gold Member

You don't EVEN know what you are saying.

Kanye West didn't ask Pharrell to write Stronger, did he? Kanye West had a Daft Punk song not a Neptunes song. Kanye West had a Chaka Khan song not a fucking Madonna song. R&B rules.

Man, I could write a Neptunes song easy. My nephew could write freakin' Rich Harrison song and he is eight. And all he does is beat on buckets and play the kazoo.

17. SandraSmithCarver

SandraSmithCarver New Member

Albums:

He did, have you seen the video?

18. SandraSmithCarver

SandraSmithCarver New Member

Albums:

Have you ever seen Oprahs show near christmas where she gives away all kinds of good stuff? Its awesome, it takes a long long time to get tickets to see Oprah though, like 8mos or something

19. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    I just went to youtube to check out this video and Xcuze is pretty much on the mark IMO. I can create better music on my computer. This sounds like the same drum loop and its way to repetitive for my tastes.

20. smiffy

smiffy Member

Albums:
    you're insane, the production on her album is great. The neptunes did a much better job then Timbaland.

Draft saved Draft deleted