Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Eventually I want to paint all the rooms in the house, replace all our furniture, and add a bathroom. A fancy-ass, big and comfy bathroom.

We're definitely the do-it-yourself kinda peeps. It'll take a long time and getting the money figured out is a bitch... But we're excited.

The yard is gonna get some attention next year too. I'm thinking a cacti-garden.

D

deleted1048037

Eventually I want to paint all the rooms in the house, replace all our furniture, and add a bathroom. A fancy-ass, big and comfy bathroom.

We're definitely the do-it-yourself kinda peeps. It'll take a long time and getting the money figured out is a bitch... But we're excited.

The yard is gonna get some attention next year too. I'm thinking a cacti-garden.
I love doing jobs like that myself! It is stressful, but it can be enjoyable and so rewarding afterwards, if you do a good job that is. ;)

Good luck with the home renovation project! I hope it goes well for you! :)

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy
Media

With what l know of you, the DIY update will be wonderful. Wishing you success.:)

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The painting is not a hard thing for 2 people to tackle together. However A major bathroom upgrade may take a little help. Water is very heavy, so plan well, structurally before relocating a tub or installing a Jacuzzi. Electrical is not something an average guy can not do,.
The Home Depot and Lowes, offer free classes for the do it yourself-er, Ceramic time is not hard but to grout and finish it properly may take a few pointers from a pro

Good luck, and take your time. Rushing a job, may caused a strain as well as produces sloppy results

I just wish I had your vision and your energy

Ro

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The painting is not a hard thing for 2 people to tackle together. However A major bathroom upgrade may take a little help. Water is very heavy, so plan well, structurally before relocating a tub or installing a Jacuzzi. Electrical is not something an average guy can not do,.
The Home Depot and Lowes, offer free classes for the do it yourself-er, Ceramic time is not hard but to grout and finish it properly may take a few pointers from a pro

Good luck, and take your time. Rushing a job, may caused a strain as well as produces sloppy results

I just wish I had your vision and your energy

Ro

He's got quite a bit of experience in plumbing/construction. I'm fairly handy myself.

The only extra hand we should really need outside family members will be a sparky.

So far, nothing but plans. But, updates shall happen :D

I'd also love to hear any other plans to remodel from other members. :)

Reactions: ronin001

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
He's got quite a bit of experience in plumbing/construction. I'm fairly handy myself.

The only extra hand we should really need outside family members will be a sparky.

So far, nothing but plans. But, updates shall happen :D

I'd also love to hear any other plans to remodel from other members. :)

You have the right attitude, that is step one

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love historical things , so I purchased an olddddddddddd 1915, Queen Annne, home a few years ago, with the intent of modernizing / yet restoring it . I am sort of in Renovation / Construction work , so the task would be possible it would just take forever. Sadly I have had little time in the past few years to make a real start. I did replace a few broken windows and the locals promptly broke a few more.
I am not sure, if I will keep it as a project to do over time, or dump it on the next sucker , looking for a deal.

The good news is that, I am trying to buy an 1870,colonial add on house, with much of the original flooring, plaster, woodwork and stove intact. I am not going to do much as far as renovate, if the deal goes through. just paint, decorate and fill it with antiques

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We want to renovate the upstairs of our twenty-two year old house. The downstairs is mostly done by the previous owners. Our master bathroom has a tiny 36" X 36" shower that two people cannot be in. It has a gigantic tub we never use. It has a WC adjoining the shower. We want to remove the existing shower and combine that space with the WC to add a bidet. We want to replace the tub with a large shower. We want floor to ceiling tile and all that jazz. The guest bath has a horrible fiberglass tub/fake tile combo. If we don't get rid of it someone is going to pull our gay cards! All the closets have mirrored sliding doors with GOLD trim. Ugh! Add to this, twenty-two year old carpet. We think that hardwood floors, six panel closet doors to match the other doors, and two new bathrooms should do it. Now, where's the money?
I know I make the house sound horrible. Actually, it has good bones, a nice pool, tile roof and stucco construction, and in a beautiful neighborhood. And, it's in California. It is the upstairs that is kind of horrible.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Right now I am renting the place I live in thus limiting the extent to which I can get my Rehab Addict on. Outside of paint and wall coverings, most attention goes to the items I have in my house. Most of my furniture has been reclaimed, refurbished or franken-customized.

We did put up the fence, totes not original to our move in date. Made the landscaping my own cuz I need butterfies and bees in my life. Have swapped out light fixtures, doors and some casework to something more fitting to our design aesthetic.

The boy and meself have back grounds in construction. Between the two of us, and help from friends, we've got most of the trades covered. If I ever put down roots enough to buy I will unleash reno-hell!

My ideal is a tiny house with a work shed on property. With heaps of land for the dogs to run wild.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good luck with the reno. I could never tackle a bathroom by myself. Or even a kitchen, for that matter.

I remember one of the first bathroom demolitions I did and found mold behind the shower stall. I freaked. The contractor just laughed at me and said "what did you expect?" I learned that there's always mold. Always! Whatever you do - DO NOT USE BLEACH! People seem to want to soak the mold in bleach, and it will indeed kill the first layer, but the additional moisture actually helps the mold grow.

Always use a commercial mold killer. Homebrew stuff doesn't cut it, literally. I've had good success with something called Concrobium for white mold. Black mold calls for something stronger.

I cuss far too much to even attempt installing fixtures. I'm dead serious.

I can paint, wallpaper, and lay brick. I can tile, within reason, but I'm awful with backsplash.

But I do love demo! That's my favorite! I even have my own pink six-pound sledgehammer to go with my pink hard hat!

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Hi TNJ , are you considering " mood altering " cacti perchance ?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Hi TNJ , are you considering " mood altering " cacti perchance ?

That does grow wild out here. I'm thinking a prickly-pear garden, a few other taller types here and there... But I really like the fruit of the prickly-pear cactus. Really tasty jelly.

Basically, if it'll grow in my yard, and it's some kind of beautiful cactus, I want it :D

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The bathroom is a years down the road kinda deal... But once it's done I'm so excited to have a space to spoil myself. I want the vanity in there with all my makeup and pretty things, the toilet area would be separated from the bathing area.

I have a vision...

sudcalifornio

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is something i found really cheap, it need a lot of repairs but my gf is choosing paint colors, even on the roof
V7PZv_8cMOYdj6ds40Y_nPO1Jv7Tc9s7ptzCJxY2SfO3vUJUrcwbnOj7c-P7bniodzIWe-UGcfWwEzVdTxfKcVf6dHk5bcyN5bXsRUwjkxcejvSpX0pIvHz1QnPUK394rf1Nk633orX9XLD31dE06sg5Zr_canz7tCCv9cF5bQ11PrHeY3cHxDuGt2MIsakg9JdYhULzGtE6ZWRtaD2KR6CPMafdEkhMTmtN4d1RcbDS48BhSYRdY_MpZ5ym2aPtMAMBzuD3fdw-gbxjpZo9dPn_qHdsYSvw0Byt0T0mj-z0Rl3J04-H-twEyE6gHJB3LgijaWHln5Sv7WykVwCJcRNJDYOG0ulWizjBAWXI1WWtKuPrmXiQba_SOsHpAgECr1UXbVa4i-TKCyvLtNC3ex1f1RPV4zucy47YLQMZJOD3H7C5_pVje1frC5dAIlWitdh9gA976-vy-CHV_SD82E4njQfhk2F1Ikk9P1RqWUW4zehzqX4nRmctHBUyqrIsFxrdxlcHlKG-bWZCMpOEeAcE2etzM3sKiHaCpjLYAW5DdNGmXnjeJ6-dbK09m0YA7PvI0mw77DpTdb8-hJxG1YfvpR5-Gy3ySB2KeybcCvEj6OZaK1goRr_iP_1a74vfjDqNft-cRoOX-BOEuv2SoE2g=w1288-h626-no

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Apart from my casual expressions and amateurism in certain forums, I do have expertise in building and construction.

So if you need any input, just give a Hoi.

You will need to give the secret handshake and head wobble though :) :)

There is no cheap way.....there is only the right way. Never leave a problem for others who follow you.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

How did I forget to mention....

Danger-plants are all thriving in the bed we planted. Wildflowers and cactuses in a giant rock-bed. It's my favorite thing to see when I drive in

INCUBUS

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I remodeled the main bathroom a couple years back.
Don't go black! Unless you plan on running a water softener system on both hot and cold lines? Black tile bathtub/shower enclosure, black sink, black toilet and black bathtub is a big NO NO!
Sealing the tiles doesn't matter. Especially as hard the water is here.

But I did it all by myself! Torn down to the frame structure and doing it all up by myself.
You Tube was my best friend when it came to learning the how to of remodeling.