Homeland Security- it's hard work

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hard work, where have we heard that before? Who writes this guy's speeches anyway? :rolleyes:

Not only does Homeland Security threaten our civil liberties to dangerous degrees, it is also nearly completely ineffectual. If that wasn't bad enough, (and it is) the very people who work there rated it the lowest in job satisfaction. Great, that's just who I want protecting me from terrorists- people who hate being there to begin with. I fucking hate people sometimes.

It is still the case that the department is just a collection of disparate, dysfunction agencies," Ervin said. "There is yet to be an integratged, cohesive whole."

That's obviously not what President Bush had in mind when he created the Department of Homeland Security in July 2002, merging 22 agencies under one roof.
"This Department of Homeland Security will foster a new culture throughout our government," President Bush said on July 22, 2002.
A merger some are beginning to say has to be undone.

"You've got to slim down this beast; it's just too big, too many missions, too many employees, too much turnover, not enough leadership, the list of problems goes on and on," said Professor Paul Light of the New York University's Wagner School.

A spokesman for the Homeland Security Department told us today the low morale was the fault of the media and its focus during Hurricane Katrina on FEMA, another of the troubled agencies under the department.

The Blotter

Yeah, that damned media has the audacity to report the news. How dare anyone presume to oversee the almighty bush regime? Stupid fuckers.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
we should really talk more about this kind of stuff zora.
I am sure everyone knows the free resources that are avail on the net to hear all about the invasion of our civil liberties under the guise of 'national security'

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
we should really talk more about this kind of stuff zora.
I am sure everyone knows the free resources that are avail on the net to hear all about the invasion of our civil liberties under the guise of 'national security'

Well yeah, but then they'd have to read.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The fact that they give every state the same amount of money for security and infrastructure tells you how stupid and insipid they are.

As if Omaha is as rich a target as NYC, DC, Chicago or LA.

Fucking idiots.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lex, they looked into this very carefully and found that there are actually zero likely terror targets in New York City. Apparently with the WTC gone there is nothing of interest left there. Now the terrorists are focusing their efforts on bombing every strip mall, rest stop, and petting zoo they can find in middle America. So naturally that's where we're funneling all the funding for the DoHS. Is it any wonder that the voters are so willing to trust Republicans to be able to stop the terrorists? No Democrat would have been clever enough to figure out that NYC was no longer at risk. We would have ended up wasting money protecting our ports or something silly like that.

Anyone else hear about the 8.8 billion dollars that went missing? we were flying it over to Iraq in giant planes in the form of bricks stuffed with $100 bills (each brick worth $400,000) and loaded onto palettes with forklifts. But there's no clear record of where it went.

PussyWellington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Anyone else hear about the 8.8 billion dollars that went missing? we were flying it over to Iraq in giant planes in the form of bricks stuffed with $100 bills (each brick worth $400,000) and loaded onto palettes with forklifts. But there's no clear record of where it went.

Sure did. It's nice to know that cash is still king! It's also interesting to note that foreign countries are still using the Dollar ;).

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
With regard to the cash stuffed into bricks & having been flown overseas - do you have PROOF this actually occurred? I find it highly unlikely. This seems very 'urban myth' to me.

But I believe it was reported on the news (not that you can always trust THAT, either) that millions of dollars are 'unaccounted for.'

Typical huge, wasteful government. This is what a lot of people expected, probably.

:rolleyes:

God, it feels so good to have such a saavy and competent government and military.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The fact that they give every state the same amount of money for security and infrastructure tells you how stupid and insipid they are.

As if Omaha is as rich a target as NYC, DC, Chicago or LA.

Fucking idiots.

Don't underrate Omaha. It's the geographic center of CONUS (CONtinental US), one of the most feared cold-war scenarios, short of a launch of nuclear missiles from the rim of the St. Lawrence shield, was a nuclear explosion around the area of Omaha. Also notice that it's the geographic center of our agricultural heartland. That may be two decades away, but I'd still not underrate it.

Given the young age of Homeland Security, I really don't expect any better results. How old is that? 5 years? I'd give it five more years to consolidate its departments and competence before we can call it an efficient institution.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
With regard to the cash stuffed into bricks & having been flown overseas - do you have PROOF this actually occurred? I find it highly unlikely. This seems very 'urban myth' to me.

But I believe it was reported on the news (not that you can always trust THAT, either) that millions of dollars are 'unaccounted for.'

Typical huge, wasteful government. This is what a lot of people expected, probably.

:rolleyes:

Is C-SPAN considered an urban myth, now?

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Depends on who you're talkin' to, NIC.... :tongue:

Ok, ok. It's C-SPAN so, it's reliable. I was hoping to remain healthfully in denial, but NO, you had to go & point out how insane all of this is, once again.

I'm being satirical of course. This is crazy....

Is C-SPAN considered an urban myth, now?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Payment for Osama's timely public appearance prior to the last election?

Anyone here not find that timing a tad convenient?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being a new organisation is really no excuse for having no consistent plan, outline or goals, except diverting as much money as possible into individual's pockets. How can anything get this corrupt this fast? Oh, I remember now- it was set up that way.

Most of these cunts are cronies of bush himself, as we've since seen, so it's really just a simple matter of following the money trail, if that's not too "taxing".:rolleyes:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Being a new organisation is really no excuse for having no consistent plan, outline or goals, except diverting as much money as possible into individual's pockets. How can anything get this corrupt this fast? Oh, I remember now- it was set up that way.

Bingo. Wake up America-- your representatives worship MONEY not God.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay