Homeward bound

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_DoubleMeatWhopper, Sep 19, 2003.

1. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Just a note for those interested: I'm leaving Naples today to return to the U.S. I loved Europe, but it will be good to be back home! :)

2. Imported

Gold Member

Longhornjok: How long WAS that vacation any way?! Lucky guy! :)

3. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: Reminds me of that old Sinatra song:

"It’s very nice to go trav’ling
    To Paris, London and Rome
    It’s oh so nice to go trav’ling
    But it’s so much nicer, yes it’s so much nicer, to come home . . ."

Have a safe trip back!

4. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=99;num=1064018366;start=0#0 date=09/19/03 at 17:30:26]Just a note for those interested: I'm leaving Naples today to return to the U.S. I loved Europe, but it will be good to be back home! :)[/quote]
    Yea, you were away for a long time, DMW. Under what circumstance did you even get to take such a long, nice, amazing vacation?

5. Imported

Gold Member

jackinman: DMW that's the type of vacation that many people only dream about. I'm glad you and Dirk had a wnderful time. Get back home safe buddy.

6. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: Glad you are back home, sweetie - hope you have recovered from your sunburn and that stunning loss at Monte Carlo!

So... uh... what did you bring us?

7. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Thanks, everyone! :)
    Dirk and I had been saving for this trip for over a year. At one point we thought it wouldn't happen, when hurricane Isidore destroyed our place. Luckily, the insurance covered most of it and we managed to hang on to most of our savings. Since I've decided to take a year off from school before pursuing my PhD and Dirk hasn't started college yet, this was the perfect opportunity for us to go. It was almost a month in Spain, France and Italy (well, okay: Andorra and Monaco also), and it truly was the kind of vacation many people only dream about. Sharing it with te one you love just makes it that much more special.

[quote author=AnonyMs link=board=99;num=1064018366;start=0#5 date=09/20/03 at 17:16:11]So... uh... what did you bring us?[/quote]

I did bring several bottles of Sangría from Spain, but since I can't make the rounds to everyone's house, I guess I'll just have to think about you when I drink it! ;D

8. Imported

Gold Member

throb919: Jacinto,

I saved a few news clippings for you that you may not've seen while you were on vacation...

[​IMG]

9. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

[quote author=throb919 link=board=99;num=1064018366;start=0#7 date=09/22/03 at 09:22:05]Jacinto,

I saved a few news clippings for you that you may not've seen while you were on vacation...

[​IMG][/quote]

:D Oh shit, Tony! Too fucking funny! Thanks, dude .. you made my day! :D

10. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Oh, my...that was funny...nice work, Tony.

How did you do that?

Welcome back DMW, glad you had a nice trip. Wish I could take trips...*sigh*...suppose I should SAVE first, eh?

I think "Quelle Bite" should be our motto, in ribbons below a lion rampant and erect (of course) on our crest. LOL

7x6&C

11. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

Throb919 (= Tony :))
    Now THIS is what I call "cybercraft" !!! A marvel !!! ;) Bravo !!!

12. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: Tony! That was absolutely fabulous!

What a tremendously creative and funny man you are....

13. Imported

Gold Member

throb919: DMW--Glad you liked it!

Paul, Raal Lexx, Max, and Nony--Thanks for your nice comments. It was fun to do; the idea had been bouncing around since DMW's "postcard" from Monte Carlo about La Bardot. Just kind-of went from there...

Paul--How'd I do it? The short answer is: I'm a graphic designer and--well--that's just what I do. The longer answer: I created the dummy newspapers in QuarkXPress (desktop publishing software); I downloaded the Times-Picayune (the New Orleans daily) banner from their website; searched for, found, and downloaded a photo of Brigitte Bardot and the Wizard of Oz image (inspired by Monstro's comment during the hurricane); the other mastheads and headlines (one of which you wrote) I created in QXP (I absowutewy woved the Fudd-ism intimacy DMW shared here--pwababwy way too much!); arranged the "newspapers" and saved the QXP file as an EPS; took the EPS file into PhotoShop and made a save-for-web JPEG; uploaded the JPEG to VillagePhotos (thanks to Sammygirly's recommendation); and imported the VP image here. Nothin' to it...!

14. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: Very impressive, Throb. That's really funny!

15. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Thwob, you scwewy wabbit!

What a masterpiece!

Pecker

(Hey, baby. Will you be my love buffet so I can lay you out on a table and take anything i want?)

16. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Aww that was great!

Now I need to go somewhere...so I can come home to that. That was lovely Tony :-*

17. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: And if I do go somewhere...even LaCrosse...do I get headlines?

LOL

Paul

18. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: Yeah, I can see my headlines: Monstro goes to the grocery store! Monstro changes socks!

Breaking News: Phone Rings! Monstro Hides!

19. Imported

Gold Member

throb919: Pack your bags, Sammygirly--you could be next.

Thankth a lot, Pecker.

Paul--make that trip to Lacrosse eventful, bud.

"Monstro goes to the grocery store" is news--with you in those bike shorts! (And with Carrboro's gay mayor, you could get a proclamation or something. Or something.) I'm looking for images of babushka-clad Russian women even now. And you know the word "Insouciant" is in the headline...!

20. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Oh it'll be eventful - if nothing else I get to meet Nothern Star of the 15 posts...

I can just see the proclamation now! Monstro Day in Middlesex County..or some such...

7x6&C

Draft saved Draft deleted